OMG: Roy Moore said in September that the last time America was great was when we had slavery

what caveat is that? that "despite slavery".... ?

that isn't a caveat. that shows that what he thinks is great applies only to people who look like him.

cause i don't know about you, but when my grandmother came here, she thought it was pretty good because it was better than Russia and drunk anti-semites didn't break her windows on sundays after they got lit. but reality was that at 12 she went to work in a sweat shop doing piecework.

I'm pretty sure she'd have said America was better a year ago than it was in 1912.... or any time before that.

Not to worry Jilly - Ever heard of "locker room material". When an opposing football coach or player badmouths a team they're about to play, it gets posted in the locker room as inspiration.

This is locker room material that'll get the black vote out in droves :wink_2:

works for me. :)

I will not disagree that it certainly does call into question the entire yearbook. And I have been saying since it first came out that that yearbook should be examined by 3 independent forensic document experts- that claim always was both the most credible- and least credible- based entirely upon the yearbook.

However- this woman is totally unrelated to any of the other charges. One can logically presume that whether or not this woman's charges are true or false are unrelated to the charges of the women who accused Moore originally.

It’s fair, but it also gives credence to the belief that it’s nothing more than a left wing hit piece. I’m not saying I believe it, I do not know if he did those things or not, but this casts doubt on the whole thing.

And why does this 'cast doubt on the whole thing'?

Why does this woman- who came forward through Gloria Alred and who is completely unconnected with any other of the women- have anything to do with the credibility of any of the other women?

I mean that would be like saying that Flynn admitting to lying cast doubts as to the honesty of the entire Trump tup

Because it gives credence to the widely held belief that it’s all a scam by the democrats.

You mean like Flynn's admission gives credence to the widely held belief that the Trump administration colluded with Russia?

No, what did Flynn admit to? Did he admit to colluding? Learn something for once.

clearly you're too stupid to understand what a plea deal is.

just wait till he testifies to his proffer.

I will not disagree that it certainly does call into question the entire yearbook. And I have been saying since it first came out that that yearbook should be examined by 3 independent forensic document experts- that claim always was both the most credible- and least credible- based entirely upon the yearbook.

However- this woman is totally unrelated to any of the other charges. One can logically presume that whether or not this woman's charges are true or false are unrelated to the charges of the women who accused Moore originally.

It’s fair, but it also gives credence to the belief that it’s nothing more than a left wing hit piece. I’m not saying I believe it, I do not know if he did those things or not, but this casts doubt on the whole thing.

Why does this woman- who came forward through Gloria Alred and who is completely unconnected with any other of the women- have anything to do with the credibility of any of the other women?

I mean that would be like saying that Flynn admitting to lying cast doubts as to the honesty of the entire Trump administration......

Because it gives credence to the widely held belief that it’s all a scam by the democrats.

You mean like Flynn's admission gives credence to the widely held belief that the Trump administration colluded with Russia?

No, what did Flynn admit to? Did he admit to colluding? Learn something for once.

Flynn pled guilty to lying to the FBI. And Flynn is actually connected to the Trump Administration- he was part of it.

If you want to pretend that this one woman- completely unrelated to any of the other women- somehow taints the rest of them- then Flynn's confession by that standard- clearly taints the honesty of the Trump candidate.

Okay- with that I am out of discussing Roy Moore's possible sex abuse of a 14 year old girl.

I will discuss Moore's bizarre claim that America's families were strongest- when America owned slaves.

I mean that would be like saying that Flynn admitting to lying cast doubts as to the honesty of the entire Trump tup

It's still not an admission of collusion dumbass.

I mean that would be like saying that Flynn admitting to lying cast doubts as to the honesty of the entire Trump administration......

Flynn pled guilty to lying to the FBI. And Flynn is actually connected to the Trump Administration- he was part of it.

If you want to pretend that this one woman- completely unrelated to any of the other women- somehow taints the rest of them- then Flynn's confession by that standard- clearly taints the honesty of the Trump candidate.

We were talking about collusion. Flynn admitting to lying to the FBI. There's no connection from that to collusion. It doesn't exist. Flynn's admission is irrelevant. He might have made a plea deal but that isn't the same as admitting to collusion. Get with the program dude. Even your party has given up on the collusion scam. They are all talking about an obstruction scam now.

Nor is the one woman's admission that one part of the yearbook was written by her- an admission of forgery- nor of course is it an admission of collusion with the other 8 women.

No one can answer this simple question: Why won't Allred allow the yearbook to be examined?
I certainly can't- its suspicious as hell.

Of course no one can answer why Trump won't allow his income taxes be examined either.

And that is suspicious as hell.

We were talking about collusion. Flynn admitting to lying to the FBI. There's no connection from that to collusion. It doesn't exist. Flynn's admission is irrelevant.

And you were talking about collusion between the women against Moore. The one woman hasn't even admitted to lying- and there is no connection from that to any of the women. This one woman's admission is irrelevant to the other woman's accusations.

Well it would be if you were consistent and not a hypocrite.

Do I really think that Flynn's confession of lying taints the entire Administration- not by itself. But I also don't think that this one woman writing the date and place where Moore signed the yearbook taints the rest of the accusations.

Because I am consistent- and not hypocritical.

Nor is the one woman's admission that one part of the yearbook was written by her- an admission of forgery- nor of course is it an admission of collusion with the other 8 women.

Well, since Allred won't release the yearbook to an independent source for analysis, one can easily assume that Moore signed the yearbook, and the accuser wrote the rest.

As for the other eight, they have no more proof than the first.

Well, since Allred won't release the yearbook to an independent source for analysis, one can easily assume that Moore signed the yearbook, and the accuser wrote the rest.

You do realize that if Moore did sign the yearbook- that means he knew her well enough to sign her yearbook- which establishes a connection- and would mean that Moore is lying.

As for the other eight- they have their first hand accounts. You don't have to believe any of them if you don't want to. But there are still 9 first hand accusations by women willing to identify themselves.

I am hoping Moore sues them all. How about you?

Get Moore and these women up on the stand to testify with the threat of perjury.

Sorry I forgot.

This thread is not just another of the dozen or so threads exploring the numerous accusations against Roy Moore.

It is about Moore's bizarre claim that prior to the Civil War, before any Republican President, when Democrats controlled Alabama, when abortion was legal- was when the United States was the greatest for families

Except for that slavery thing.

You do realize that if Moore did sign the yearbook- that means he knew her well enough to sign her yearbook- which establishes a connection- and would mean that Moore is lying.

Shrug. I've signed books and programs for scads of people I don't know. It means nothing.

Another lying thread title. He qualified the time period. And it's a time period where the family was the center of one's life. A time of Little House on the Prairie. Tom Sawyer. Little Women.
"A time of Little House on the Prairie. Tom Sawyer. Little Women....." AND SLAVERY.

Okay- with that I am out of discussing Roy Moore's possible sex abuse of a 14 year old girl.

I will discuss Moore's bizarre claim that America's families were strongest- when America owned slaves.
Certainly stronger than they are today. Even slave families. Look at it this way. The families of slaves could be ripped apart at any moment. Fathers taken from children, children taken from families and sold to strangers. How awful. Can anyone contemplate a worse way of living?

Compared with today. Black men walking out on their women. They don't know who their children are. Women have no idea who impregnated them, they rely on the Slave master, excuse me, the government to feed and clothe them.

At least when these unfortunate people were unfortunate slaves, they wanted their family. Which automatically gives them a stronger family value than they have today.

Sorry I forgot.

This thread is not just another of the dozen or so threads exploring the numerous accusations against Roy Moore.

It is about Moore's bizarre claim that prior to the Civil War, before any Republican President, when Democrats controlled Alabama, when abortion was legal- was when the United States was the greatest for families

Except for that slavery thing.
Abortion, yea.

There is a part of the United States called Appalachia that covers 13 southern states. It's where the poorest and least educated whites in America lives. Overwhelming Republican and the largest single group of Trump supporters.
Infant mortality is 16% in that area. Much, much higher than the percent of abortions preformed in the United States. Life expectancy is years lower than the rest of the country.
I've posted links to these statistics many, many times. It's not new.
What does that say when Republicans care about the fetus, but not about the baby, not about the mother, not about the family. Just the fetus.
It says they don't really give a fuk about the fetus either. It's all for show. Just something they could rally an ignorant base around. If they really cared, they would also protect those infants. But they don't. Because they don't care. They just use the issue to attack women.

Forum List

Back