On the Pleasure of Hating.

“If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself. What isn't part of ourselves doesn't disturb us.” Hermann Hesse

So because Herman Hesse says it.......
No. Because it is true.

But if you don’t want to believe it then don’t. But in my opinion you would be missing out on a very powerful tool. According to Karl Jung, “Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.”

You're impossible to deal with.

You make assertions on non assertions.

“If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself. What isn't part of ourselves doesn't disturb us.” Hermann Hesse

No. Because it is true.

But if you don’t want to believe it then don’t. But in my opinion you would be missing out on a very powerful tool. According to Karl Jung, “Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.”

What exactly are you looking for from me?

So what do you think about my assertion (God forbid I use the term argument) that we hate in others what we most hate in ourselves and that if we fix the problems with ourselves we will hate less what we see in the world around us?
The assertion is absurd, if youre a caring parent.

If youre a parent, typically the folks youd hate the most are folks that seek to do harm to children.

Thats what I personally hate the MOST, and its certainly not within myself as a trait to seek to harm children.

What do you think you hate the most in others? Murder, rape, lying - molestation?

I wouldnt accuse you of those.

Thats what I personally think of your assertion.
It’s not really me you are disagreeing with it’s Marian Keyes and Carl Jung you are disagreeing with. I just happen to agree with them.

Why It’s Important To Understand That We Hate Others For What We Hate About Ourselves

Furthermore, devaluing others makes us feel better. It’s the dunning effect all over again.

We See in Others What We Fear in Ourselves

So I can easily see why it is easy to hate others. But I don’t see how it is productive or helpful. I think it is detrimental.
I made points. Instead of addressing them directly, you made 2 non sequiturs.

If its not ok to disagree with your, or their, idea - cool bro.
I don’t have to address your points to validate mine.
My points invalidated yours. Thats the issue.

I dont hate "most" in me my desire to hate children.
If that’s what you want to believe then more power to you.

No. Because it is true.

I'm not looking.

The assertion is absurd, if youre a caring parent.

If youre a parent, typically the folks youd hate the most are folks that seek to do harm to children.

Thats what I personally hate the MOST, and its certainly not within myself as a trait to seek to harm children.

What do you think you hate the most in others? Murder, rape, lying - molestation?

I wouldnt accuse you of those.

Thats what I personally think of your assertion.
It’s not really me you are disagreeing with it’s Marian Keyes and Carl Jung you are disagreeing with. I just happen to agree with them.

Why It’s Important To Understand That We Hate Others For What We Hate About Ourselves

Furthermore, devaluing others makes us feel better. It’s the dunning effect all over again.

So I can easily see why it is easy to hate others. But I don’t see how it is productive or helpful. I think it is detrimental.

Are you...implying I want to hurt children? I must for your opinion to be valid.

Further, you must have some pretty fucked up thoughts if the things you hate THE MOST in others are also in you. .like the desire to rape, murder....etc etc

Sick shit.

No. Because it is true.

I'm not looking.
Then it isn’t possible for me to be impossible to deal with as there is no measure for comparison.

Are you...implying I want to hurt children? I must for your opinion to be valid.

Further, you must have some pretty fucked up thoughts if the things you hate THE MOST in others are also in you. .like the desire to rape, murder....etc etc

Sick shit.
No. I am not implying anything other than what I previously stated which is I don’t have to address or refute your position to validate mine. Nor do I care if you agree with mine.

You are looking for drama where there is none.

Sick shit.
No. I am not implying anything other than what I previously stated which is I don’t have to address or refute your position to validate mine. Nor do I care if you agree with mine.

Drama?

Exchange of ideas isnt dramatic unless you make it that way, guy who disagrees about someones dog

Sick shit.

Drama?

Exchange of ideas isnt dramatic unless you make it that way, guy who disagrees about someones dog
Read your last post. You are invoking all kinds of fucked up shit.

Again, believe whatever you want. I couldn’t care less.

Sick shit.

Drama?

im fleshing out the logical conclusions of an idea

its a fucked up idea, so naturally that followed

of course i hate child molestors the most...so to say we hate in other what we hate THE MOST in ourselves....

alludes to that ridiculous absurdity

it also precludes you from criticizing people much because you painted yourself into the corner of saying its about yourself.

sorry you hate disagreements so much that its dramatic, ding.

Sick shit.

Drama?

of course i hate child molestors the most...so to say we hate in other what we hate THE MOST in ourselves....

it also precludes you from criticizing people much because you painted yourself into the corner of saying its about yourself.

That’s what you would call a fringe argument. But you go with that.

Sick shit.

Drama?

Its a logical argument.

When you invoke the "most" of something, the most extreme conclusion would be the valid one. Its.....the most. Its what the word means.

Also, its really super common that folks ADMIRE about others what they hate in themselves.

Too many holes for the validity of this proposition.

Drama?

Its a logical argument.

When you invoke the "most" of something, the most extreme conclusion would be the valid one. Its.....the most. Its what the word means.

Also, its really super common that folks ADMIRE about others what they hate in themselves.

i am more than happy for you to see it that way.

Last edited:
I’m
Drama?

Its a logical argument.

Just confronting reality.

I’m

Its a logical argument.

I couldn’t be happier for you.

I’m

Its a logical argument.

Try harder.

I’m
Its a logical argument.

Try harder.
There’s absolutely no need.

I’m
Its a logical argument.

Try harder.
We could always establish a distinction between needs and wants and which to act upon.....but thats just boring as fuck.

I’m
Try harder.
We could always establish a distinction between needs and wants and which to act upon.....but thats just boring as fuck.
Given that most people abuse their fight or flight physiology I doubt that conversation would be productive.

Forum List

Back