On the warpath: Two Largest Native American Tribes strengthen bans on same sex marriage

That's awesome! Our history of following the lead of our Native American tribes is well known. We ought to continue to look to them for leadership.

Great thread.

Or you could just move to one of the (mostly dirt poor) reservations and save yourself from the "gay" war. Good luck with that.

So glad you've been paying attention. It's that kind of attention to detail that we need around here.

That's awesome! Our history of following the lead of our Native American tribes is well known. We ought to continue to look to them for leadership.

Great thread.

Cute. In one post you reveal the whole hypocrisy of the left. So, why aren't the Cherokee or Navajo hateful bigots for what they have done?

Ya dumb shit. This is the first time that I've ever heard a word about how native Americans view gay marriage. You probably heard this for the first time today as well. But...you decided to start a thread and act like you have been protesting tribes for years. Why have you done this? Because you are a loser, that's why.

In typical retard TK fashion...you have constructed a bridge with failed logic.

Great thread.
?

Did you misread the OP or are you trying to convey dripping sarcasm because I think it is lost somewhere in transit.

Oh look! TK thanked you.

Do you think he knows why?

Sarcasm? I hate sarcasm!

Do you hear that? No? Well, what you don't hear are the screams of homophobia from the gay left over the two largest Native American tribes banning gay marriages. I support gay marriage, but I also find this ironic. Why not apply your criticism equally?

Even if a U.S. Supreme Court ruling this spring makes same-sex marriage the law, it would leave pockets of the country where it isn't likely to be recognized any time soon: the reservations of a handful of sovereign Native American tribes, including the nation's two largest.

Since 2011, as the number of states recognizing such unions spiked to 37, at least six smaller tribes have revisited and let stand laws that define marriage as being between a man and a woman, according to an Associated Press review of tribal records. In all, tribes with a total membership approaching 1 million won't recognize marriages between two men or two women.

Several explicitly declare that same-sex marriages are prohibited. And some have even toughened their stance.

In December, just weeks after North Carolina began issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples, the state's Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians updated its law to add language preventing gay couples from having marriage ceremonies performed on tribal land. The resolution changing the law, which passed 8-1, says court cases around the country prompted the tribe of about 13,000 enrolled members to review its own laws.

The Cherokee Nation in Oklahoma and the Navajo Nation, with about 300,000 members each, maintain decade-old laws that don't recognize same-sex marriage. Neither tribe has shown much sign of shifting.

AP Handful of holdout tribes dig in against gay marriage - NUJournal.com News Sports Jobs - The Journal New Ulm MN

Where will we find your criticism of these tribes?

Johnny come latelies, not so much.

Your hypocrisy is showing.
O'rly?

Here's the mirror

hand-mirror.jpg

Why would a guy who claims to be for gay marriage start a thread attacking people he agrees with on the issue for not doing something he himself has not done either?

Dementia?

Why would a guy who claims to be for gay marriage start a thread attacking people he agrees with on the issue for not doing something he himself has not done either?

Dementia?

Because I cannot stand false outrage. You sit there and bash a certain group of people who oppose gay marriage, but let others slip by uncriticized.

I hate double standards, it shows how petty some of you are.

Where will we find your criticism of these tribes?

Right here.

I don't support the decision.

But it remains their decision and they shouldn't be forced to change it. Nor are they obligated to follow SCOTUS rulings on the matter. It is neither my place nor yours to force them to change their minds. Believe it or not, the reason same sex marriages are banned in the Cherokee Nation are for, get this, religious reasons.

Forum List

Back