One always has to ruin it for others

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
Chipotle: Don't bring guns in our stores: Associated Press Business News - MSN Money

NEW YORK (AP) - Chipotle is asking customers not to bring firearms into its stores after it says gun rights advocates brought military-style assault rifles into one of its restaurants in Texas.

The Denver-based company notes that it has traditionally complied with local laws regarding open and concealed firearms.

But in a statement Monday, the company said that "the display of firearms in our restaurants has now created an environment that is potentially intimidating or uncomfortable for many of our customers."

The announcement came after a petition by Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, which has called on other companies to ban firearms in their stores as well. The group said its petition was in reaction to open-carry gun activists appearing at a Dallas-area Chipotle restaurant over the weekend.

Erika Soto Lamb, a spokeswoman for the group, said she thought the move by Chipotle was a "bold statement," especially considering its previous stance of complying with local laws.

Many states allow people to carry licensed guns in some way, but some businesses exercise their right to ban firearms.

Sure, as if I would let a restaurant tell me where I can take my firearm.

So you would defy a sign saying "no firearms allowed".

Good to know but it doesn't make me safe from idiots like you.

(Who buys your guns and ammo for you?)

=====

Recently posters have said they would not leave a restaurant if an armed person walked in.

We all have the right to be safe and keep our kids safe. Force these cowards to wear their guns where we can see them.

Chipotle: Don't bring guns in our stores: Associated Press Business News - MSN Money

NEW YORK (AP) - Chipotle is asking customers not to bring firearms into its stores after it says gun rights advocates brought military-style assault rifles into one of its restaurants in Texas.

The Denver-based company notes that it has traditionally complied with local laws regarding open and concealed firearms.

But in a statement Monday, the company said that "the display of firearms in our restaurants has now created an environment that is potentially intimidating or uncomfortable for many of our customers."

The announcement came after a petition by Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, which has called on other companies to ban firearms in their stores as well. The group said its petition was in reaction to open-carry gun activists appearing at a Dallas-area Chipotle restaurant over the weekend.

Erika Soto Lamb, a spokeswoman for the group, said she thought the move by Chipotle was a "bold statement," especially considering its previous stance of complying with local laws.

Many states allow people to carry licensed guns in some way, but some businesses exercise their right to ban firearms.

BTW, one of these idiots just had his gun discharge accidentally when it fell out of his back pack.

No one hurt but don't we all have the right to know if some cretin is carrying a gun into a restaurant where we're eating with our kids?

Why do we have to give our rights to be safe from these twerps mentally playing their video game fantasies of saving the world?

So they waffled to a asshole activist gun grabber group. Who is surprised.

When they enforce it against police officers, then i would comply. Until then fuck them.

Here in Texas, our resturants let you check your Assualt weapons at the door. You can still have you CC weapon on you though. :D

A sign doesn't trump my 2nd Amendment rights. And as we all know, gun free zones don't really stop gun violence. So yes, I would defy that sign. Unless it's posted I won't comply. I will keep my weapon concealed regardless of what Chipotle, or Luddly Neddite says.

And to answer your question? I don't own a firearm, but my father does. And we both agree that a "no guns allowed" sign doesn't trump his concealed carry permit. And it would be interesting to see you force any gun owner to do anything, without them putting a bullet in your head.

It should be noted that Texas only allows rifles to be open carried, which is why those are the kind of guns these guys are walking around with.

In the same respect, I find these demonstrations absurd. While it may be legal and I have no problem with it being legal, outside of a war zone there is no practical purpose for walking around in public with a long rifle slung over your shoulder. These activists should have enough common sense to know that the appearance of those kinds of arms are going to be alarming to some people as opposed to a simple handgun. I think these demonstrations are only going to have the opposite effect of what they are intending.

A private business can request customers to not bear their weapons in the open.

And, yes, they can refuse service based on that request.

When they enforce it against police officers, then i would comply. Until then fuck them.

I don't typically see police officers walking into Chipotle with AR-15s slung over their shoulders.

A sign doesn't trump my 2nd Amendment rights. And as we all know, gun free zones don't really stop gun violence. So yes, I would defy that sign. Unless it's posted I won't comply. I will keep my weapon concealed regardless of what Chipotle, or Luddly Neddite says.

And to answer your question? I don't own a firearm, but my father does. And we both agree that a "no guns allowed" sign doesn't trump his concealed carry permit. And it would be interesting to see you force any gun owner to do anything, without them putting a bullet in your head.

So a restaurant can be forced to serve you even though it goes against their beliefs? Interesting.

I don't typically see police officers walking into Chipotle with AR-15s slung over their shoulders.

Chipolte is saying "all guns" not just AR-15's.

and evidently you dont hang out in Penn station, the cops there walk around with MP-5's.

Sure, as if I would let a restaurant tell me where I can take my firearm.

Really, as if you would actually be courteous enough to follow the rules in someone else's house.

I do. But being in someone's house and in a restaurant are two different things.

So, what do I follow, the 2nd Amendment, or a sign? I could walk in with it and go out, nobody would notice it. That right there would demonstrate the inefficacy of gun free zones. As seen with the theater shooting, the Sandy Hook Shooting and the FedEx shooting, gun free zones don't stop some crazed maniac from walking in with a gun and shooting up the place.

Last edited:
A cop is not the equivalent of an armed citizen.

There are some very stupid far right comments on this today.

Forum List

Back