One always has to ruin it for others

I support the right to own guns but I also believe guns should be a choice.

And yet you consistently advocate taking that choice away from people.

No one should be able to force others to be around guns if they don't wish to be.

Nobody is forcing you to go outside your house.

I have never ever "advocate taking that choice away from people". If you say that, you are lying and you know it.

So you think I should hide from gun toting crazies?

Nope.

If you don't have the balls to leave the house without your pacifier/fake penis, that's your problem. The few nutters do not get to take the rights away from the rest of us.

And that is a right I will fight for - the right to be free from whiny little he-men wannabes who put me and my family in danger.

I support the right to own guns but I also believe guns should be a choice. No one should be able to force others to be around guns if they don't wish to be. And, as TK said, these cowards who hide them on their person will sneak guns in, thus endangering us all.

If a business wants to ban a person from entering with a firearm, then the business takes the responsibility of screening all entries to make sure that no one in there is armed, and provides replacement security for the security they are removing.

They are under no such obligation whatsoever

Chipolte is saying "all guns" not just AR-15's.

Yes, as a result of the "assault" rifles alarming people.

and evidently you dont hang out in Penn station, the cops there walk around with MP-5's.

There is a Chipotle in Penn Station?

No, but there are cops and the military that walk around with all types on crazy guns in Manhattan, any they do go into places like chippolte with them.

And Chipotle reserves the right to ask the to leave if they want.

I support the right to own guns but I also believe guns should be a choice. No one should be able to force others to be around guns if they don't wish to be. And, as TK said, these cowards who hide them on their person will sneak guns in, thus endangering us all.

If a business wants to ban a person from entering with a firearm, then the business takes the responsibility of screening all entries to make sure that no one in there is armed, and provides replacement security for the security they are removing.

You're right about that because, as we've seen - the nutters will cheerfully lie and they're too chicken shit to be out in the open with their penis substitutes.

Its thanks to the crazies that businesses will eventually have to put up metal detectors to weed them out.

Really, as if you would actually be courteous enough to follow the rules in someone else's house.

I do. But being in someone's house and in a restaurant are two different things.

So, what do I follow, the 2nd Amendment, or a sign?

The Second Amendment applies to the government, not a private entity. You're another "small government" conservative who thinks the Constitution only applies when you agree with it. No different than the so-called liberals.

Excuse me? I am a libertarian. Technically I believe there should be NO government. But hey, think of me what you will. Interesting, as far as I can tell, a concealed carry permit trumps a sign anyway. New York does issue concealed carry permits on a may issue basis, and unless notice is duly posted, I can freely enter and exit the premises with a concealed weapon.

I support the right to own guns but I also believe guns should be a choice.

And yet you consistently advocate taking that choice away from people.

No one should be able to force others to be around guns if they don't wish to be.

Nobody is forcing you to go outside your house.

I have never ever "advocate taking that choice away from people". If you say that, you are lying and you know it.

That's exactly what you are doing every single time you create your trolling anti-gun threads. If you say otherwise, you are lying and you know it.

So you think I should hide from gun toting crazies?

I've never come across one personally in my life.

If you don't have the balls to leave the house without your pacifier/fake penis, that's your problem. The few nutters do not get to take the rights away from the rest of us.

If you don't have the balls to leave the house without wetting your pants because people have guns, that's your problem. You cowards do not get to take the rights away from the rest of us.

And that is a right I will fight for - the right to be free from whiny little he-men wannabes who put me and my family in danger.

I think we all want to keep criminals from putting ourselves and our families in danger. That is why we smack down pussies like you when you try to take away our ability to do so.

So they waffled to a asshole activist gun grabber group. Who is surprised.

When they enforce it against police officers, then i would comply. Until then fuck them.

So, what exactly are you going to do if a business doesn't want to allow you in because you're carrying a gun? Stage a protest? "Stand your ground"? Get into a gun battle with law enforcement? What does "fuck them" mean? :confused:

No, keep my concealed weapon concealed. End of problem.

What rankles me is how they knuckled under to the gun grabber group, and of course they cannot guarantee someone will come in there with a firearm and cause harm. So basically they just disarm the good people, and the "bad" people can ignore the request.

Exactly.

Criminals are sneaky. They're not gonna wear their gun wear law abiding citizens can see them. They'll sneak them past 'not allowed' signs and then laugh about it.

Only crooks would sneak a gun in.

If you're not a criminal, you'll have the balls to carry in the open.

I do. But being in someone's house and in a restaurant are two different things.

The Second Amendment applies to the government, not a private entity. You're another "small government" conservative who thinks the Constitution only applies when you agree with it. No different than the so-called liberals.

Excuse me? I am a libertarian. Technically I believe there should be NO government. But hey, think of me what you will. Interesting, as far as I can tell, a concealed carry permit trumps a sign anyway. New York does issue concealed carry permits on a may issue basis, and unless notice is duly posted, I can freely enter and exit the premises with a concealed weapon.

You're a Libertarian but you believe there should be no government.

Sonny boy, Google is your friend.

Use it.

Excuse me? I am a libertarian.

:lol: :lol: :lol: No, buddy, you are NOT a libertarian.

Technically I believe there should be NO government.

Which makes you an anarchist, not a libertarian.

But hey, think of me what you will.

You just outed yourself with no help from me.

Interesting, as far as I can tell, a concealed carry permit trumps a sign anyway.

You're blind.

New York does issue concealed carry permits on a may issue basis, and unless notice is duly posted, I can freely enter and exit the premises with a concealed weapon.

Correct, unless a notice is posted, which you just said in your opening comments you would ignore anyway. That is not libertarianism.

Last edited:
OK, I'm not the brightest bulb in the chandelier, but I'm going to jump in with my own humble opinion. I really don't think the restaurant gives a royal damn whether its customers are armed or not. What the restaurant objects to is customers displaying certain types of weapons openly in a way that frightens the staff and other customers.

I am reasonably certain that if you have a CONCEALED weapon the waitstaff is not going to strip-search you in an attempt to find it. If they do, don't tip them. So, gun owners, bring your CONCEALED weapons into the restaurant (no one will ever know) and play well with others. Just leave your military-style assault rifles at home. I am not surprised that some of the employees were scared. I am surprised that the gun owners did not anticipate this reaction.

A cop is not the equivalent of an armed citizen.

There are some very stupid far right comments on this today.

The fact that you place one above the other is the crux of the problem with progressive statists such as yourself.

If I cannot exercise certain aspects of the 2nd amendment, be it no semi-autos, mag limits, and other such crap, then the police should have to do the same. They are peace officers, not soldiers. Civilians just like the rest of us.

They are nothing more than armed citizens with the governmental authority to arrest and detain until the legal system can take over.

The fact is one is above the other, and a far right or libertarian dislike of that fact is your problem.

The 2d Amendment, as SCOTUS has ruled over and over, is not an absolute right.

Should you try your silly reasoning about cops being armed civilians with government authority and shoot one, heaven help you, because you will be in the graybar hotel for the rest of your life.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s2ti2n-vQY]Family Guy Tea Party description - YouTube[/ame]

That is your opinion, merely, and tough luck to that.

So they waffled to a asshole activist gun grabber group. Who is surprised.

When they enforce it against police officers, then i would comply. Until then fuck them.

So, what exactly are you going to do if a business doesn't want to allow you in because you're carrying a gun? Stage a protest? "Stand your ground"? Get into a gun battle with law enforcement? What does "fuck them" mean? :confused:

Just something that people say to sound tough from the safety of their living room

Now that criminals know this is a gun free zone, they can have as many guns as they want.

:lol: :lol: :lol: No, buddy, you are NOT a libertarian.

Which makes you an anarchist, not a libertarian.

You just outed yourself with no help from me.

Interesting, as far as I can tell, a concealed carry permit trumps a sign anyway.
You're blind.

New York does issue concealed carry permits on a may issue basis, and unless notice is duly posted, I can freely enter and exit the premises with a concealed weapon.
Correct, unless a notice is posted, which you just said in your opening comments you would ignore anyway. That is not libertarianism.

I would still ignore the sign, dude. As Professor points out, the restaurant doesn't really care. There is little the waitstaff can do, and rather than cause a conflict, the gun owner would be allowed to enter, rendering the sign moot anyway. I won't be told what my views are or aren't, OK my friend?

A sign doesn't trump my 2nd Amendment rights. And as we all know, gun free zones don't really stop gun violence. So yes, I would defy that sign. Unless it's posted I won't comply. I will keep my weapon concealed regardless of what Chipotle, or Luddly Neddite says.

And to answer your question? I don't own a firearm, but my father does. And we both agree that a "no guns allowed" sign doesn't trump his concealed carry permit. And it would be interesting to see you force any gun owner to do anything, without them putting a bullet in your head.

If a property owner doesn't want you to bring your gun on his property, that's his right and you have to comply or you're in violation of the law. I have a concealed carry and I respect private property.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

That's ridiculous. It's their private property. It's for them to dictate terms to you to enter their property, it's not for you to dictate terms to them for what they do with other people they allow to enter their property.

You know well from discussion that I'm staunchly pro-second amendment. However, the second amendment protects you from government. It gives you zero right to infringe on other people's property rights. Your argument is equally as ridiculous as the left saying your employer can't fire you for calling them a prick because it violates your first amendment rights.

The Bill of Rights protects you from government, and only from government.

Forum List

Back