🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

One man brought more fear to the country than the entire GOP in the last 40 years

To address the OP point about fear.

He didn't bring fear to me. He stated the problems with the country, and there are many, and gave me hope that maybe an establishment outsider might actually change the RIGGED system. The left wing, they saw fear because that is what they run on. I saw hope of something different.

I wouldn't call the office of the President weak at all. Look at how much Obama has done on his home, by-passing Congress, refusing to enforce laws, breaking laws, protecting his cabinet members from prosecutions, Un-Constitutional appointments, EOs, dragging us into 2 un-sanctioned wars, giving Al Qaeida their own nation, etc....

Should Trump decide to take advantage of the precedence set by Obama, he could be quite powerful. Imagine Trump issuing an EO immediately after stepping into office making all Obama's EOs 'null and void'....

I remember when John McCain was laughed at for saying he knew how to fix the economy and he would if he were elected president.

Donald Trump built a bleak and dark picture of an America that thankfully doesn't exist. Unless he is elected president.

It was an hour and a half of this:

Terrorists are pouring into our country. They are everywhere. In your backyard, on every street corner and they want to kill you. And Mexican rapist drug dealers are pouring in from across the border who want your jobs and they want to kill you. The infrastructure is falling apart. The bridges are falling down. The roads are falling apart and the sky is falling. Police are being shot everywhere and there is no law no order. The bodies of dead Americans are piling up everywhere killed by terrorists and Obamacare.
But don't worry. I know how to fix everything. Elect me and I will fix everything. I will cut taxes and pour money into everything and fix it.

And every word of it screamed at the top of his voice.

So the camera is moving around the hall and people are asked what they thought of Trump's speech and they reply, "It's exactly what I wanted to hear" "It's what is going on in this country". "Donald Trump will save us".

I don't live in this America.

This is the America I live in:

What Caused the Great Crime Decline in the U.S.?

Then crime rates went down. And then they kept going down.

By decade’s end (the 1990's), the homicide rate plunged 42 percent nationwide. Violent crime decreased by one-third. What turned into a precipitous decline started later in some areas and took longer in others. But it happened everywhere: in each region of the country, in cities large and small, in rural and urban areas alike. In the Northeast, which reaped the largest benefits, the homicide rate was halved. Murders plummeted by 75 percent in New York City alone as the city entered the new millennium.

The trend kept ticking downward from there, more slowly and with some fluctuations, to the present day. By virtually any metric, Americans now live in one of the least violent times in the nation’s history.

-------------------------------------

What is it about Republicans that they want to be terrified? Life is better and there is less pressure if you are not terrified.

You can go outside. No one from Chicago is going to kill you. Isis isn't hiding behind your back door.

Trump has convinced people they should be terrified to even go outside. But is that really any surprise?

Trump is known for his ability to fleece the unwary. He has a court date on 28 Nov for Fraud and Racketeering. If he loses his civil case, he opens himself up for criminal charges. If people aren't scared now and Trump becomes president, I think they will learn what real fear is all about.

Looks like Democrats are afraid of one single man. In fact rdean is pushing fear right in this thread.

Pretty funny.

Trump has very little concept of how much weaker the office of POTUS is than that of the CEO of a Corporation. He can make a mess of things with his bellicose speech, and create a climate of fear in our foes and our allies, but there is very little he can do without the Congress, and believe it or not, there are a few adults on both sides of the aisle who are members in the Congress and will have a greater say on policy than he and his followers are aware.

"Pretty funny" is another post well worth deletion. I wonder why people post thoughtless remarks such as "Pretty funny"? A post I don't find the least bit funny, but very pitiful for the author has demonstrated no ability to write a rebuttal and thus defaults to ad hominem lite.

Hillary is more of a threat to me than Donald is. She is deceptive and not trustworthy.

Wanting a post to be deleted because you dislike a person's opinion is a regressive tactic that the left is now using to minimize others opinions. Sad that a group of people that wanted all voices heard has morphed to wanting only their voices heard.

Thank you for your post, it helps the world to see what the regressive movement is all about.

Number of Americans murdered because of Trump: 0

Number of Americans murdered because of Hillary: 4

Yeah, Hillary is more of a threat.

Number of UN-Sanctioned wars we've been dragged into in order to help TERRORISTS thanks to Trump: 0

Number of UN-Sanctioned wars we've been dragged into in order to help TERRORISTS thanks to Hillary: 2

Violated FOIA: Hillary

Violated the Federal Records Act: Hillary

Jeopardized Natl Security: Hillary

Had E-mails Hacked...and released to Public: Hillary

Investigated by FBI: Hillary

Called 'too unsophisticated' (too stupid) to understand 'Classified': Hillary

Described by their own staff as 'Often CONFUSED' and technology challenged'?
-- Hillary

Just declared she would LIE when she took her oath of office because as soon as she became President she would continue Obama's illegal immigration program:
-- Hillary

He didn't bring fear to me. He stated the problems with the country, and there are many, and gave me hope that maybe an establishment outsider might actually change the RIGGED system. The left wing, they saw fear because that is what they run on. I saw hope of something different.

Your perception might be a bit biased (understatement).

What I saw was a speech describing our country as something one might glean from Darkness at Noon, Brave New World, or 1984. Trump's fear mongering reached a bitter climax at the very end, proving once again that he is a classic demagogue, after proving for the first 86 minutes he was also a charlatan.

Your perception might be a bit biased (understatement).

What I saw was a speech describing our country as something one might glean from Darkness at Noon, Brave New World, or 1984. Trump's fear mongering reached a bitter climax at the very end, proving once again that he is a classic demagogue, after proving for the first 86 minutes he was also a charlatan.

You do understand that opinions can't be biased? No I suppose you don't. But what you posted is your opinion and is the perfect example of what I posted about left wing fear. Thank you for the back, jack.

I remember when John McCain was laughed at for saying he knew how to fix the economy and he would if he were elected president.

Donald Trump built a bleak and dark picture of an America that thankfully doesn't exist. Unless he is elected president.

Terrorists are pouring into our country. They are everywhere. In your backyard, on every street corner and they want to kill you. And Mexican rapist drug dealers are pouring in from across the border who want your jobs and they want to kill you. The infrastructure is falling apart. The bridges are falling down. The roads are falling apart and the sky is falling. Police are being shot everywhere and there is no law no order. The bodies of dead Americans are piling up everywhere killed by terrorists and Obamacare.
But don't worry. I know how to fix everything. Elect me and I will fix everything. I will cut taxes and pour money into everything and fix it.

So the camera is moving around the hall and people are asked what they thought of Trump's speech and they reply, "It's exactly what I wanted to hear" "It's what is going on in this country". "Donald Trump will save us".

By decade’s end (the 1990's), the homicide rate plunged 42 percent nationwide. Violent crime decreased by one-third. What turned into a precipitous decline started later in some areas and took longer in others. But it happened everywhere: in each region of the country, in cities large and small, in rural and urban areas alike. In the Northeast, which reaped the largest benefits, the homicide rate was halved. Murders plummeted by 75 percent in New York City alone as the city entered the new millennium.

The trend kept ticking downward from there, more slowly and with some fluctuations, to the present day. By virtually any metric, Americans now live in one of the least violent times in the nation’s history.

What is it about Republicans that they want to be terrified? Life is better and there is less pressure if you are not terrified.

You can go outside. No one from Chicago is going to kill you. Isis isn't hiding behind your back door.

Trump has convinced people they should be terrified to even go outside. But is that really any surprise?

Trump is known for his ability to fleece the unwary. He has a court date on 28 Nov for Fraud and Racketeering. If he loses his civil case, he opens himself up for criminal charges. If people aren't scared now and Trump becomes president, I think they will learn what real fear is all about.

Looks like Democrats are afraid of one single man. In fact rdean is pushing fear right in this thread.

Pretty funny.

Trump has very little concept of how much weaker the office of POTUS is than that of the CEO of a Corporation. He can make a mess of things with his bellicose speech, and create a climate of fear in our foes and our allies, but there is very little he can do without the Congress, and believe it or not, there are a few adults on both sides of the aisle who are members in the Congress and will have a greater say on policy than he and his followers are aware.

"Pretty funny" is another post well worth deletion. I wonder why people post thoughtless remarks such as "Pretty funny"? A post I don't find the least bit funny, but very pitiful for the author has demonstrated no ability to write a rebuttal and thus defaults to ad hominem lite.

Hillary is more of a threat to me than Donald is. She is deceptive and not trustworthy.

Wanting a post to be deleted because you dislike a person's opinion is a regressive tactic that the left is now using to minimize others opinions. Sad that a group of people that wanted all voices heard has morphed to wanting only their voices heard.

Thank you for your post, it helps the world to see what the regressive movement is all about.

Just as bad, as Comey testified, she is incompetent, unsophisticated and put CIA agents lives in danger. She does not deserve to be president.

You almost gotta laugh at democrats. ISIS is real and illegal immigration is real but an angry pervert former politician with no scientific background tells us the world as we know it will end unless we buy some of his carbon credits. Ignorant low information lefties don't give a damn about the flood of illegal immigrants or the threat of terrorism even when it's in their own back yard but they are petrified at the thought o global warming. Crime went down in New York City because of the policies of Rudy Giuilani and they won't give him credit because he is a republican and it's projected that 2,000 citizens will be murdered in Chicago and they won't blame mayor Emanuel because he is a democrat. Barry Hussein ramps up the propaganda against Police Officers and invites the thugs who celebrate the assassination of Cops to the White House for dinner and idiotic lefties call Trump "angry"

No one from Chicago is going to kill you.
so all those stories about people being killed are bullshit?...

Trump did a good job of cherry picking statistics. The U.S. murder rate last year hit the lowest level since 1966 as the number of serious crimes committed nationwide fell for the eighth year in a row, the FBI said today.
Murder Rate Drops to 33-Year Low

Do you trust the FBI? I mean they looked the other way when HIllary commited her crime.

Post the evidence that the FBI looked the other way, and the nature of the crime you allege she committed. Or, be proven a liar, a member of the echo chamber and a violator of at least one of the Ten Commandments!

Thanks in advance for a comprehensive answer to each of these demands.

Over 30,000 emails deleted by her lawyers, who did not security clearances, and the emails could not be traced.
She sent and received classified information. Who were the recipients of the emails and did they have security clearances. FBI did not investigate.
FBI does not know if her email server was hacked or not.
Hillary lied before congress and Comey verified she did, but they did not investigate.
Hillary said she turned over all her emails, and Comey verified she did not; lie.
Hillary said her private server, located in the basement of her home, was approved; lie.
Since the deletion was an automated process based on address and key worlds, I don't see why the lawyers would need security clearances.
Your other statements are pure bull shit or half truths.

FBI Director James Comey Testifies Hillary | Video | C-SPAN.org
Statement by FBI Director James B. Comey on the Investigation of Secretary Hillary Clinton’s Use of a Personal E-Mail System

So, you were present?

Regressive spin, who'd a thunk? BTW near 3500 people have been shot and killed, 10 of thousand injured in Chicago since the maobama regime took office, so tell the folks on the south side how safe it is.
The man (BHO) must be a god. He gets blamed for everything. Even in Chicago.

:D
Well, you know why the RWrs focus on Chicago.....................................................................because they care so much for the people there.
apparently with all the shootings there LW's dont care either....

Do you trust the FBI? I mean they looked the other way when HIllary commited her crime.

Post the evidence that the FBI looked the other way, and the nature of the crime you allege she committed. Or, be proven a liar, a member of the echo chamber and a violator of at least one of the Ten Commandments!

Thanks in advance for a comprehensive answer to each of these demands.

Over 30,000 emails deleted by her lawyers, who did not security clearances, and the emails could not be traced.
She sent and received classified information. Who were the recipients of the emails and did they have security clearances. FBI did not investigate.
Hillary lied before congress and Comey verified she did, but they did not investigate.
Hillary said she turned over all her emails, and Comey verified she did not; lie.
Hillary said her private server, located in the basement of her home, was approved; lie.

The FBI Stated there is no evidence of a crime. What part of that do you fail to comprehend? Obviously you are convinced she was guilty of a crime, and that puts the question on the table: Are a real American?

Real American's believe every person is presumed innocent until proven guilty; clearly you believe some people are guilty until proven innocent. You'd make a great trier of fact in Soviet Russian or Castro's Cuba.

She lied under oath before Congress. She lied to the American people.
What was in those 30+ thousand emails she told her lawyers to delete. She allowed people without security clearances to read her classified emails.
Comey couldn't convict her. Do you understand that?
Hillary is probably one the most scrupulously honest people in politics today. She can't afford not to. This does not mean she volunteers information so her opponents can report half truths and misquotes to fit there needs. Nor does it mean that she does not skirt around the truth at times as all politicians do. Nor does it mean that she does not change positions on issues. Nor does it mean she has not made mistakes or issued conflicting statements in literally thousands of interviews, speeches, quotes, testimonies, investigations, and written material over a career that spans 50 years in the public spotlight.

Has Hillary said things that turned out not to be true. Of course. However, before swallowing all the bull shit about Liar Liar Hillary, I suggest you consider the definition of a lie, "a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive. If you look closely at what Clinton says, I thing you will find that she is more honest than most politicians today.

I just spilled my tea. LMAO!
She only skirts around the truth. You're hopeless!

Are you afraid, rdean?

Gawd, I hope so. I hope you people are terrified.
If I have any fear, it's fear that so many Americans end up penniless, without jobs, and a drag on the economy. We call them uneducated Republicans. Seems they are already here. More sadness than fear.
democrats dont lose jobs?....i seemed to remember delivering many a check to unemployed ones....fascinating....

yiostheoy,

Do you really want to reward the kind of savotage that the GOP have been doing for over a decade now...

Trump is the conclusion to the No compromise policy enacted in 2008... Rem Obama actually tried to deal with them at first but anyone caught was branded a RINO and cacused by the TP...

Trump isn't even a consevative, he is a facist by most definations...
I want the GOP to keep control of the Senate so that Hillary cannot appoint any SCOTUS justices.

I can live with anything else Hillary does.

I really do not want Hillary to have complete control of the US Federal Government.

Otherwise then she would become Queen Hillary not just President Hillary.

The House Of Reps is completely worthless and has been ever since Boner took it over -- you are quite right about that. So Nancy can have it back -- fine with me.

And Trump is a madman so Hillary can have The White House -- also fine with me. She has Billy Boy with her there and he can help her if Putin attacks.

But I just pray the Senate stays GOP. Then the SCOTUS will be safe.
if hillary gets elected whether you like it or not,during that 4 years she will be appointing a judge or 2....

In his acceptance speech Trump said, "Nobody knows the system better than me, which is why I alone can fix it."

Really? A man who has never set foot in the Oval Office and has never been in either house of congress on business knows the system better than anyone.

Apparently Donald doesn't know the system quite as well as he thinks he does. If he did, he certainly wouldn't be claiming that he alone can fix the system because the founders designed the system such that no one would have that kind of power.

He was referring to politicians being bought by lobbyist and big business.

The FBI Stated there is no evidence of a crime. What part of that do you fail to comprehend? Obviously you are convinced she was guilty of a crime, and that puts the question on the table: Are a real American?

Real American's believe every person is presumed innocent until proven guilty; clearly you believe some people are guilty until proven innocent. You'd make a great trier of fact in Soviet Russian or Castro's Cuba.

She lied under oath before Congress. She lied to the American people.
What was in those 30+ thousand emails she told her lawyers to delete. She allowed people without security clearances to read her classified emails.
Comey couldn't convict her. Do you understand that?
Hillary is probably one the most scrupulously honest people in politics today. She can't afford not to. This does not mean she volunteers information so her opponents can report half truths and misquotes to fit there needs. Nor does it mean that she does not skirt around the truth at times as all politicians do. Nor does it mean that she does not change positions on issues. Nor does it mean she has not made mistakes or issued conflicting statements in literally thousands of interviews, speeches, quotes, testimonies, investigations, and written material over a career that spans 50 years in the public spotlight.

Has Hillary said things that turned out not to be true. Of course. However, before swallowing all the bull shit about Liar Liar Hillary, I suggest you consider the definition of a lie, "a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive. If you look closely at what Clinton says, I thing you will find that she is more honest than most politicians today.

Hillary is probably one the most scrupulously honest.... lol

You are absolutely insane. Or, brainwashed minion. Or intentional voluntarily ignorant partisan hack.

I'm not sure what you are..... but you are obviously not a rational thinking individual.
Simply repeating a lie over and over does not make it true. I understand it is the only hope Trump has of being elected and that many voters will believe it but again, that does not make it true. Hillary as compared to other politicians today is certainly more honest.

Hillary blamed the attacks in Benghazi on a video.

Regressive spin, who'd a thunk? BTW near 3500 people have been shot and killed, 10 of thousand injured in Chicago since the maobama regime took office, so tell the folks on the south side how safe it is.
The man (BHO) must be a god. He gets blamed for everything. Even in Chicago.

:D

Coming from the same people that have blamed absolutely everything that happened in the entire last 8 years on Bush. I guess Bush must have been 'god' too.
W was a dope snorting frat boy that waltzed under a lucky star and ended up in The White House then fokked up the entire middle east as well as giving more tax cuts to the rich than they have ever had in all of human history.

W was a demon. Not a god.
Not only that, the GOP blackmailed Obama into extending the Bush Tax cuts. They knew he couldn't stand millions of Americans suffering and he knew they would do it at the drop of a hat. Republicans don't care about other Americans. And the ignorant base doesn't care it's them who gets screwed.

Unemployment benefits: not until Bush tax cuts pass, Senate GOP says
like you care about anyone who doesnt agree with you?......yea you have me convinced....

yiostheoy,

Do you really want to reward the kind of savotage that the GOP have been doing for over a decade now...

Trump is the conclusion to the No compromise policy enacted in 2008... Rem Obama actually tried to deal with them at first but anyone caught was branded a RINO and cacused by the TP...

Trump isn't even a consevative, he is a facist by most definations...
I want the GOP to keep control of the Senate so that Hillary cannot appoint any SCOTUS justices.

I can live with anything else Hillary does.

I really do not want Hillary to have complete control of the US Federal Government.

The House Of Reps is completely worthless and has been ever since Boner took it over. So Nancy can have it back -- fine with me.

And Trump is a madman so Hillary can have The White House -- also fine with me. She has Billy Boy with her there and he can help her if Putin attacks.

But I just pray the Senate stays GOP. Then the SCOTUS will be safe.

When fascism comes to America, it will come wrapped in our flag, carrying a cross and instilling fear in the people. We once were a home of the brave, it seems that no longer is true, at least in the throngs of Trumperters who live in fear and feel the need to carry a gun to the grocery store and hate others they do not know.

The Supreme Court has been ruled by a Conservative, yet activist, power elite for over a decade, since the appointment of Thomas and Alito we have seen a court dominated by 5-4 decisions based on ideology sans (IMO) common sense. It's past time for us to realize our nation needs to see the world as it is, not as we hope to remake it, and reason not supernatural belief in a God or charlatans who pretend to know the unknowable should no longer color policy.

That is not to suggest that morality is not a factor in the development of law, for it surely is. But the ethos of the current Conservative Crowd is far and away from the Christian ethos which now control too many American's, who buy the rhetoric of the men & women behind the curtain or clothed in the robes of the power elite.
You not only need a gun to go anywhere safely you need 2 guns -- a carbine and a pistol as a backup.

Unless you figure that out fast you are going to end up dead in a pool of your own blood someday soon.

Roberts, Kennedy, Alito, Thomas, and Alito protected that right.

Ginsberg, Breyer, and Sotomayor did not and Kagan probably will not.

If you end up dead in a pool of your own blood then it does not matter what your politics are.

There are three schools of thought on gun control. Your's is an example of the paranoid type. The other two are the pragmatic type and the goofy type.

I'm pragmatic, Guns are part of the American heritage and are rightfully owned, possessed or in the custody and control of sane, sober and law abiding individuals.

How do we know who is sane, sober and law abiding? By licensing individuals whose background suggests they are, and by registering their gun(s). Why licensing and registration? Because a license can be revoked, and guns can be taken either temporarily or permanently for cause.

The goofy type are those who believe all guns should be removed from civilian hands. First of all that is highly unlikely given the amount of guns in America. The goofy type also is a subset of the paranoid type, those who actually believe the government wants to confiscate all the guns in America.
Guns are part of the American heritage and are rightfully owned, possessed or in the custody and control of sane, sober and law abiding individuals.
i agree with you here Wry....

Forum List

Back