🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

One man brought more fear to the country than the entire GOP in the last 40 years

I wouldn't call the office of the President weak at all. Look at how much Obama has done on his home, by-passing Congress, refusing to enforce laws, breaking laws, protecting his cabinet members from prosecutions, Un-Constitutional appointments, EOs, dragging us into 2 un-sanctioned wars, giving Al Qaeida their own nation, etc....

Should Trump decide to take advantage of the precedence set by Obama, he could be quite powerful. Imagine Trump issuing an EO immediately after stepping into office making all Obama's EOs 'null and void'....
He's said several times that he will make extensive use of executive orders following in Obama's footsteps. Clearly, he does not expect support in congress for his plans.

yiostheoy,

Do you really want to reward the kind of savotage that the GOP have been doing for over a decade now...

Trump is the conclusion to the No compromise policy enacted in 2008... Rem Obama actually tried to deal with them at first but anyone caught was branded a RINO and cacused by the TP...

Trump isn't even a consevative, he is a facist by most definations...

Too funny.

But then, taken to the extreme, better fascism then the Democrats' Communism. At least the fascists kept the trains running.
With China and Russia both voting for Trump, that should be everybody's clue that he is a madman.

I hate to disabuse you of your delusions, but China and Russia don't get a vote in our election.

They get to cast their ballots right before ISIS casts their ballot for Mrs. Tuzla Clinton.

Q. What is the end goal of ISIS

A. I have some ideas as do others who think about such issues [unlike Trump and his trumpeters who react with emotion to the hate and fear]:
  1. Radicalize Muslim's living in the West
  2. Kill and maim the civilian population by acts of terror
  3. Create panic in the native population (in France, Germany, Turkey, the US, etc.)
  4. Panic, hate and fear motivate the voters to vote for any easy fix; Trump promises to provide it
  5. Trump has no viable plan, since he rejects diplomacy for Brinkmanship.
  6. ISIS won't blink, their leadership can produce Suicide Bombers by the hundreds
  7. Thus, Trump and his supporters have been manipulated by the ISIS long term plan
  8. And if Trump sends US troops into Syria, or N. Africa he will throw gasoline on the fire.
Only Islam itself can counter the efforts of ISIS to meet their goal - to win a war of attrition. If we follow the lead of Trump and other's who believe the fire power of our military is the only solution to this vexing problem, we are playing into their plans.

We need to:
a. STOP scapegoating all of Islam
b. Find out who is funding ISIS, and stop the flow of money
c. Kill the leadership when opportune
d. Expand Intelligence using technology
e. Change the dialogue: ISIS is nothing more than a criminal gang (there is no war on terror)
f. We need to capture, bring to trial and if convicted execute its leadership in the World Court (see: Nuremburg Trials for an example).
g. Solve the Israeli / Palestinian 60+ year war with a two-state solution.​

In other words, more of the same failed plan that hasn't worked up until now.

I wouldn't call the office of the President weak at all. Look at how much Obama has done on his home, by-passing Congress, refusing to enforce laws, breaking laws, protecting his cabinet members from prosecutions, Un-Constitutional appointments, EOs, dragging us into 2 un-sanctioned wars, giving Al Qaeida their own nation, etc....

Should Trump decide to take advantage of the precedence set by Obama, he could be quite powerful. Imagine Trump issuing an EO immediately after stepping into office making all Obama's EOs 'null and void'....
He's said several times that he will make extensive use of executive orders following in Obama's footsteps. Clearly, he does not expect support in congress for his plans.

He doesn't need the support of Congress to enforce the immigration laws.

I remember when John McCain was laughed at for saying he knew how to fix the economy and he would if he were elected president.

Donald Trump built a bleak and dark picture of an America that thankfully doesn't exist. Unless he is elected president.

It was an hour and a half of this:

Terrorists are pouring into our country. They are everywhere. In your backyard, on every street corner and they want to kill you. And Mexican rapist drug dealers are pouring in from across the border who want your jobs and they want to kill you. The infrastructure is falling apart. The bridges are falling down. The roads are falling apart and the sky is falling. Police are being shot everywhere and there is no law no order. The bodies of dead Americans are piling up everywhere killed by terrorists and Obamacare.
But don't worry. I know how to fix everything. Elect me and I will fix everything. I will cut taxes and pour money into everything and fix it.

And every word of it screamed at the top of his voice.

So the camera is moving around the hall and people are asked what they thought of Trump's speech and they reply, "It's exactly what I wanted to hear" "It's what is going on in this country". "Donald Trump will save us".

I don't live in this America.

This is the America I live in:

What Caused the Great Crime Decline in the U.S.?

Then crime rates went down. And then they kept going down.

By decade’s end (the 1990's), the homicide rate plunged 42 percent nationwide. Violent crime decreased by one-third. What turned into a precipitous decline started later in some areas and took longer in others. But it happened everywhere: in each region of the country, in cities large and small, in rural and urban areas alike. In the Northeast, which reaped the largest benefits, the homicide rate was halved. Murders plummeted by 75 percent in New York City alone as the city entered the new millennium.

The trend kept ticking downward from there, more slowly and with some fluctuations, to the present day. By virtually any metric, Americans now live in one of the least violent times in the nation’s history.

-------------------------------------

What is it about Republicans that they want to be terrified? Life is better and there is less pressure if you are not terrified.

You can go outside. No one from Chicago is going to kill you. Isis isn't hiding behind your back door.

Trump has convinced people they should be terrified to even go outside. But is that really any surprise?

Trump is known for his ability to fleece the unwary. He has a court date on 28 Nov for Fraud and Racketeering. If he loses his civil case, he opens himself up for criminal charges. If people aren't scared now and Trump becomes president, I think they will learn what real fear is all about.

Looks like Democrats are afraid of one single man. In fact rdean is pushing fear right in this thread.

Pretty funny.

Trump has very little concept of how much weaker the office of POTUS is than that of the CEO of a Corporation. He can make a mess of things with his bellicose speech, and create a climate of fear in our foes and our allies, but there is very little he can do without the Congress, and believe it or not, there are a few adults on both sides of the aisle who are members in the Congress and will have a greater say on policy than he and his followers are aware.

"Pretty funny" is another post well worth deletion. I wonder why people post thoughtless remarks such as "Pretty funny"? A post I don't find the least bit funny, but very pitiful, for the author has demonstrated no ability to write a rebuttal and thus defaults to ad hominem lite.

Obama has managed to do quite a bit without Congress. What makes you think Trump can do an equl amount?

I remember when John McCain was laughed at for saying he knew how to fix the economy and he would if he were elected president.

Donald Trump built a bleak and dark picture of an America that thankfully doesn't exist. Unless he is elected president.

Terrorists are pouring into our country. They are everywhere. In your backyard, on every street corner and they want to kill you. And Mexican rapist drug dealers are pouring in from across the border who want your jobs and they want to kill you. The infrastructure is falling apart. The bridges are falling down. The roads are falling apart and the sky is falling. Police are being shot everywhere and there is no law no order. The bodies of dead Americans are piling up everywhere killed by terrorists and Obamacare.
But don't worry. I know how to fix everything. Elect me and I will fix everything. I will cut taxes and pour money into everything and fix it.

So the camera is moving around the hall and people are asked what they thought of Trump's speech and they reply, "It's exactly what I wanted to hear" "It's what is going on in this country". "Donald Trump will save us".

By decade’s end (the 1990's), the homicide rate plunged 42 percent nationwide. Violent crime decreased by one-third. What turned into a precipitous decline started later in some areas and took longer in others. But it happened everywhere: in each region of the country, in cities large and small, in rural and urban areas alike. In the Northeast, which reaped the largest benefits, the homicide rate was halved. Murders plummeted by 75 percent in New York City alone as the city entered the new millennium.

The trend kept ticking downward from there, more slowly and with some fluctuations, to the present day. By virtually any metric, Americans now live in one of the least violent times in the nation’s history.

What is it about Republicans that they want to be terrified? Life is better and there is less pressure if you are not terrified.

You can go outside. No one from Chicago is going to kill you. Isis isn't hiding behind your back door.

Trump has convinced people they should be terrified to even go outside. But is that really any surprise?

Trump is known for his ability to fleece the unwary. He has a court date on 28 Nov for Fraud and Racketeering. If he loses his civil case, he opens himself up for criminal charges. If people aren't scared now and Trump becomes president, I think they will learn what real fear is all about.

Looks like Democrats are afraid of one single man. In fact rdean is pushing fear right in this thread.

Pretty funny.

Trump has very little concept of how much weaker the office of POTUS is than that of the CEO of a Corporation. He can make a mess of things with his bellicose speech, and create a climate of fear in our foes and our allies, but there is very little he can do without the Congress, and believe it or not, there are a few adults on both sides of the aisle who are members in the Congress and will have a greater say on policy than he and his followers are aware.

"Pretty funny" is another post well worth deletion. I wonder why people post thoughtless remarks such as "Pretty funny"? A post I don't find the least bit funny, but very pitiful for the author has demonstrated no ability to write a rebuttal and thus defaults to ad hominem lite.

Hillary is more of a threat to me than Donald is. She is deceptive and not trustworthy.

Wanting a post to be deleted because you dislike a person's opinion is a regressive tactic that the left is now using to minimize others opinions. Sad that a group of people that wanted all voices heard has morphed to wanting only their voices heard.

Thank you for your post, it helps the world to see what the regressive movement is all about.

Regression is a new word echo by the chambermates.

But I digress. I've been accused of seeking to censor opinions I disagree with and want deleted. The accuser lacks the ability to read without bias, and draws a conclusion invalid on its face. I stated a single phrase, "pretty funny" lacks substance, is not a rebuttal and includes an ad hominem lite (meaning a piss poor effort).

No where did I suggest the post be deleted, why would I, for the response, "Pretty funny" shows the lack depth of this right winger.

He was referring to politicians being bought by lobbyist and big business.
Hillary is probably one the most scrupulously honest.... lol

You are absolutely insane. Or, brainwashed minion. Or intentional voluntarily ignorant partisan hack.

I'm not sure what you are..... but you are obviously not a rational thinking individual.
Simply repeating a lie over and over does not make it true. I understand it is the only hope Trump has of being elected and that many voters will believe it but again, that does not make it true. Hillary as compared to other politicians today is certainly more honest.
That's probably the worst insult you can possibly use against today's politicians, considering she's done nothing but lie during the entirety of this election, and her time in politics in general. You'd have to be delusional to think she's less of a liar than... well, anyone, really.
No, only if you listen to Republican attack dogs. They've been after her for at least 20 years so there's plenty of bull shit to read.

For decades she’s been portrayed as a Lady Macbeth involved in nefarious plots, branded as “a congenital liar” and accused of covering up her husband’s misconduct, from Arkansas to Monica Lewinsky. Some of this is sexist caricature. Some is stoked by the “Hillary is a liar” videos that flood Facebook feeds. Some of it she brings on herself by insisting on a perimeter or “zone of privacy” that she protects too fiercely. It’s a natural impulse, given the level of scrutiny she’s attracted, more than any male politician I can think of.

When I say she is honest, it's relative. In the eyes of the public there are no honest politicians. If a politicians promises to vote for a bill and he doesn't he's a liar. If he votes for the bill and it doesn't do what he promised, he's a liar. He says he's for the tax and changes his mind, he's a liar. If he say's he didn't send a classified email because he doesn't recall doing so but actually did, he's a liar. What Hillary does is tell the absolute truth as she understands it without offering any additional information which may allow the listener to come up with the wrong conclusions. It's not lie. It's just not the whole truth.

Moral relativity, a hallmark of the regressives. Lies of omission and convenient memory are still lies.

"Moral relativity", is that like supporting Capital Punishment and opposing Abortion?
No, it's like saying the moral code the laws of the United States is based on is no better than the moral code that the laws of Yemen and Iran are based on. You know, those places where they throw homosexuals off the top of tall buildings and stone women to death for the sin of being raped?

Pretty funny.

"Pretty funny" is another post well worth deletion. I wonder why people post thoughtless remarks such as "Pretty funny"? A post I don't find the least bit funny, but very pitiful, for the author has demonstrated no ability to write a rebuttal and thus defaults to ad hominem lite.

Trump would be in for a big surprise if he were elected and then discovered that he can't even fire the IRS auditor on his case due to Civil Service laws....
That's an interesting point. So many people think the president's control of the executive branch is absolute much like a CEO. While a CEO can fire or can override any decision at a lower level, a president can not.

The president can fire most of those he or she appoints, about 2,000 or 3,000 employees. However there are many employees appointed by the president that he can't fire such as federal judges. In fact, anyone appointed in which the employee works independently such as an auditor can not just be fired by the president. The remainder of the federal workforce are civil service or military, neither of which the president can fire. They are protected by law.

Even those that serve at the pleasure of the president can be difficult to fire because unlike the business environment, they do not have full control of the areas for which they are responsible. Both the media and congress can in effect usurp their authority and interfere with their ability to manage the areas for which they are responsible.

The idea that government can be managed like a business is simple not true just as the idea that the job of a CEO is like that of the president.

Last edited:
Hillary blamed the attacks in Benghazi on a video.

How do you KNOW the attacks were not the motivation? You don't, so why pretend to have knowledge you obviously can't have, unless of course you were a member of the attacking group.

What does motivation have to do with anything? Opportunity and Means are the two factors sufficient and necessary to prove the crime. Motive matters not.

Someone like you who echoes on subjects you have no experience or ability to evaluate comes on a message boards and writes a comment which reeks of ignorance. You ought to be ashamed!

Why are you pretending to have knowledge?
What does motivation have to do with anything? You're hopeless.

There is no pretense on my part. I have the education, experience and intelligence to share my knowledge. You clearly do not.

What knowledge are sharing? You're a hoot!

All that I have learned from 18 years of school; a 32 year career in LE, raising two sons and being married for 42 years + writing two DOJ VAWA Grants and managing millions of dollars to curb delinquency, domestic violence and violent crime. And by managing three iterations (T ball to Srs.) in little league and pony league baseball, coaching CYO Basketball and AYSO Soccer, volunteered at my sons schools and served on various community boards, in my spare time.

After all that and you believe Hillary is an honest person. You should request a re-do.

He doesn't need the support of Congress to enforce the immigration laws.

Your ignorance is amazing.

Who sets the budget?

Do you think the Congress will ever fund the enormous amount of money to:

a) build a wall;

b) detain every person here on an expired visa or who entered our country illegally;

c) build houses of detention and lease space in state and local communities as holding facilities and court rooms; and, provide food, clothing and health care to those detained

d) hire US Deputy Attorney's to prosecute;

e) hire and contract with private sector defense attorneys (to prevent conflicts);

f) hire administrative law judges or appoint lawyers to act in that capacity;

g) provide food, clothing, health care and shelter to the dependents (who may be US Citizens) when their parents are jailed;

h) provide health care to those in custody

i) have a fund to pay those illegally detained.

How do you KNOW the attacks were not the motivation? You don't, so why pretend to have knowledge you obviously can't have, unless of course you were a member of the attacking group.

What does motivation have to do with anything? Opportunity and Means are the two factors sufficient and necessary to prove the crime. Motive matters not.

Someone like you who echoes on subjects you have no experience or ability to evaluate comes on a message boards and writes a comment which reeks of ignorance. You ought to be ashamed!

There is no pretense on my part. I have the education, experience and intelligence to share my knowledge. You clearly do not.

All that I have learned from 18 years of school; a 32 year career in LE, raising two sons and being married for 42 years + writing two DOJ VAWA Grants and managing millions of dollars to curb delinquency, domestic violence and violent crime. And by managing three iterations (T ball to Srs.) in little league and pony league baseball, coaching CYO Basketball and AYSO Soccer, volunteered at my sons schools and served on various community boards, in my spare time.

After all that and you believe Hillary is an honest person. You should request a re-do.

She's not a crook, no indictment has issued, no arraignment, no trial and no judgment rendered. So stop telling lies about someone you don't know, likely never listen to and keep echoing things you've heard but not experienced.

Look up the word "biddable"; it describes you.

Pretty funny.

"Pretty funny" is another post well worth deletion. I wonder why people post thoughtless remarks such as "Pretty funny"? A post I don't find the least bit funny, but very pitiful for the author has demonstrated no ability to write a rebuttal and thus defaults to ad hominem lite.

Hillary is more of a threat to me than Donald is. She is deceptive and not trustworthy.

Wanting a post to be deleted because you dislike a person's opinion is a regressive tactic that the left is now using to minimize others opinions. Sad that a group of people that wanted all voices heard has morphed to wanting only their voices heard.

Thank you for your post, it helps the world to see what the regressive movement is all about.

But I digress. I've been accused of seeking to censor opinions I disagree with and want deleted. The accuser lacks the ability to read without bias, and draws a conclusion invalid on its face. I stated a single phrase, "pretty funny" lacks substance, is not a rebuttal and includes an ad hominem lite (meaning a piss poor effort).

No where did I suggest the post be deleted, why would I, for the response, "Pretty funny" shows the lack depth of this right winger.
"Regressive" was created by real progressives, dipshit.

Too funny.

But then, taken to the extreme, better fascism then the Democrats' Communism. At least the fascists kept the trains running.
With China and Russia both voting for Trump, that should be everybody's clue that he is a madman.

I hate to disabuse you of your delusions, but China and Russia don't get a vote in our election.

They get to cast their ballots right before ISIS casts their ballot for Mrs. Tuzla Clinton.

A. I have some ideas as do others who think about such issues [unlike Trump and his trumpeters who react with emotion to the hate and fear]:
  3. Create panic in the native population (in France, Germany, Turkey, the US, etc.)
  4. Panic, hate and fear motivate the voters to vote for any easy fix; Trump promises to provide it
  6. ISIS won't blink, their leadership can produce Suicide Bombers by the hundreds
  7. Thus, Trump and his supporters have been manipulated by the ISIS long term plan
  8. And if Trump sends US troops into Syria, or N. Africa he will throw gasoline on the fire.
Only Islam itself can counter the efforts of ISIS to meet their goal - to win a war of attrition. If we follow the lead of Trump and other's who believe the fire power of our military is the only solution to this vexing problem, we are playing into their plans.

We need to:
e. Change the dialogue: ISIS is nothing more than a criminal gang (there is no war on terror)
f. We need to capture, bring to trial and if convicted execute its leadership in the World Court (see: Nuremburg Trials for an example).

A bit earlier I called you ignorant; I was too kind. You are mentally incompetent, willfully ignorant and an asshole.

Pretty funny.

Odd, I've never seen the word used by anyone who was not a member of the crazy right wing. It's a pejorative created to malign progressive, liberals, Democrats and anyone who does not accept the dogma of the New Right.

It is a play on the word reactionary, and thus one more effort by the crazy right wing to label progressives, liberals and Democrats as behaving in a manner that the new iteration of conservatives do.

Are you afraid, rdean?

Gawd, I hope so. I hope you people are terrified.
If I have any fear, it's fear that so many Americans end up penniless, without jobs, and a drag on the economy. We call them uneducated Republicans. Seems they are already here. More sadness than fear.

A Democrat is whining that Trump is trying to scare Americans they will "end up penniless, without jobs, and a drag on the economy."

:wtf:

Treading on your territory?

We need to:

A bit earlier I called you ignorant; I was too kind. You are mentally incompetent, willfully ignorant and an asshole.

You calling anyone an "asshole" doesn't help your cause, asshole ...

One bitch brought more corruption and dishonesty to the country than anybody since Slick Willy was President.

Pretty funny.

Odd, I've never seen the word used by anyone who was not a member of the crazy right wing. It's a pejorative created to malign progressive, liberals, Democrats and anyone who does not accept the dogma of the New Right.

It is a play on the word reactionary, and thus one more effort by the crazy right wing to label progressives, liberals and Democrats as behaving in a manner that the new iteration of conservatives do.
Nope....

We need to:

You calling anyone an "asshole" doesn't help your cause, asshole ...
Don't you just love the way these leftwing douche bags go around calling everyone a racist and then accuse us all of "hate?"

Ahh, did it scare you ? Poor baby.

She's not a crook, no indictment has issued, no arraignment, no trial and no judgment rendered. So stop telling lies about someone you don't know, likely never listen to and keep echoing things you've heard but not experienced.

Look up the word "biddable"; it describes you.

Most all Americans know she is a crook and an unindicted felon.
Do you have personal experiences with her?

Forum List

Back