One Man With A Gun

DarkFury

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2015
Sun, Sand And Palm Trees
I'm going to take a current event and tie it directly to a recent past event and show the value of a gun.

The current event of course is Paris where only the bad guys had guns and we ALL know the results.

The recent past event was Canada where a terrorist strike took place. A LONE man with a gun. An OLD man well into his late 60s or maybe it was early 70s I forget was in charge of security for their government chamber.

That OLD man armed with nothing but a service revolver saved lives that day. This idea that it takes a Rambo or a young man is poorly thought and foolish. This idea that an old man/woman or child could not defend is nothing but stupid liberal crapola fed to you.

The people of France were UN-armed and many of their cops were UN-armed and MANY died. But in Canada while losing SOME. ONE LONE OLD MAN with a revolver SAVED many lives.

I think the future the safety and security resides in the hearts of Americans to RESOLVE to hold to at least THREE things for our future and benefit.

1, Defend our 2nd, till death if needed.
2, Build that damn wall/fence and guard it.
3, Take in NO islamic refugees

And I know of one lone old man with a revolver and the countless lives he SAVED that day would agree.

Fury

I'm going to take a current event and tie it directly to a recent past event and show the value of a gun.

The current event of course is Paris where only the bad guys had guns and we ALL know the results.

The recent past event was Canada where a terrorist strike took place. A LONE man with a gun. An OLD man well into his late 60s or maybe it was early 70s I forget was in charge of security for their government chamber.

That OLD man armed with nothing but a service revolver saved lives that day. This idea that it takes a Rambo or a young man is poorly thought and foolish. This idea that an old man/woman or child could not defend is nothing but stupid liberal crapola fed to you.

The people of France were UN-armed and many of their cops were UN-armed and MANY died. But in Canada while losing SOME. ONE LONE OLD MAN with a revolver SAVED many lives.

I think the future the safety and security resides in the hearts of Americans to RESOLVE to hold to at least THREE things for our future and benefit.

And I know of one lone old man with a revolver and the countless lives he SAVED that day would agree.

Fury
Paris is filled with police, with guns. Some kid at a concert wouldn't have changed a damn thing.

Paris is filled with police, with guns. Some kid at a concert wouldn't have changed a damn thing.
You can't be certain of that.

But unarmed subjects of a terrorist attack will be victims for sure. That is a certainty. So what do you have to lose by being armed?
Really, how many people made it out alive that night? Oh right, far more than were killed.

And your thought that some graphic designer at a concert with a handgun is a solution to a heavily armed and trained terrorist in body armor with a suicide bomb strapped to him and a death wish is fucking laughable. A peashooter against a tank.

• Banned

But unarmed subjects of a terrorist attack will be victims for sure. That is a certainty. So what do you have to lose by being armed?
Really, how many people made it out alive that night? Oh right, far more than were killed.

And your thought that some graphic designer at a concert with a handgun is a solution to a heavily armed and trained terrorist in body armor with a suicide bomb strapped to him and a death wish is fucking laughable. A peashooter against a tank.
The bomber had plenty of soft targets on him. Head shots to start.

Great. Now all we need are well-trained marksmen with handguns to attend all rock concerts with a bunch of fucking kids on the off chance they might be able to get off a head-shot in the middle of a fucking panic. I'm sure that is our winner right there.

• Banned

Great. Now all we need are well-trained marksmen with handguns to attend all rock concerts with a bunch of fucking kids on the off chance they might be able to get off a head-shot in the middle of a fucking panic. I'm sure that is our winner right there.
We all know you will not give a damn until its one of yours. Not wishing that mind you but by the time YOU learn it then it will be you and the crickets.

Based on the threat of terrorist attacks presently confronting us, do you think the presence of armed, trained shooters at these concerts and other mass assemblies is a bad idea?

What do you think of a legal requirement that any citizen wishing to carry a concealed handgun must be trained in its use under stressful conditions? By making this the primary requirement for obtaining a CCW, while dispensing with most other existing restrictions, this would ensure the presence of thousands of trained, armed citizens on the streets and in public places.

Under the present circumstances I believe that, in spite of the occasional, inevitable misuse, the presence of armed and trained citizens in public places has become necessary. What are your thoughts? Would you prefer that our citizens remain unarmed sitting ducks, comparable to the defenseless Morlocks in H.G. Wells', The Time Machine, helplessly waiting for the Eloi to surface and prey on them? Because this was precisely the situation in Paris on Friday evening.

Last edited:

Fury
Liar, many French police are unarmed.

Paris Police Retreated From Terrorist Gunmen Because They Were UNARMED

Based on the threat of terrorist attacks presently confronting us, do you think the presence of armed, trained shooters at these concerts and other mass assemblies is a bad idea?

What do you think of a legal requirement that any citizen wishing to carry a concealed handgun must be trained in its use under stressful conditions? By making this the primary requirement for obtaining a CCW, while dispensing with most other existing restrictions, this would ensure the presence of thousands of trained, armed citizens on the streets and in public places.

Under the present circumstances I believe that, in spite of the occasional, inevitable misuse, the presence of armed and trained citizens in public places has become necessary. What are your thoughts? Would you prefer that our citizens remain unarmed sitting ducks, comparable to the defenseless Morlocks in H.G. Wells', The Time Machine, helplessly waiting for the Eloi to surface and prey on them? Because this was precisely the situation in Paris on Friday evening.
You have that reversed. And getting off a head-shot in a panic of 1,000 kids? Good fuckin' luck.
eloi.jpg

mandatory training is used in Europe to deny normal,people access to firearms...and believe me....there is no level of training that will be enough if you go down that path with gun grabbers...

mandatory training is used in Europe to deny normal,people access to firearms...and believe me....there is no level of training that will be enough if you go down that path with gun grabbers...
That contingency would depend entirely on how the law is written.

I can't speak for the entire 50 states but I can tell you obtaining a CCW in New Jersey is extremely difficult. I have a pristine background. I had a CCW in New York City for 23 years. I was trained fpr handgun competence at the New York City Police Department Firearms Unit on Rodman's Neck.

Later, I passed the competence test administered by the Monmouth County, NJ, Police Department (with a higher score than most of the cops who qualified that day). My CCW application was rejected because I have no specific need (such as an occupation) to carry a gun -- open or concealed. New York City is equally difficult but the conditions of my occupation called for a CCW otherwise I could not have obtained it.

I understand there are several other states which are just as repressive when it comes to CCW. What I am advocating is not at all repressive. Just two simple requirements. 1) A background which does not indicate criminal tendency or psychological instability. 2) Demonstrated competence with the chosen handgun and successful completion of an abbreviated training course based on police standards. Two requirements which eventually will place millions of competent armed civilians in the public mainstream.

These requirements, which I believe are sensible and reasonable, would apply to CCW only and would have no effect on long guns. If you are not an untrustworthy felon or are not determined to be mentally unstable, all you need to do is spend some time and a little money learning some important things and you are approved.

Last edited:
You have that reversed. And getting off a head-shot in a panic of 1,000 kids? Good fuckin' luck.
You're right. I reversed the Morlocks and Eloi. Pardon my impending senility and the momentary memory lapse (it's been awhile).

Re: the "head shot," a slim chance is a lot better than no chance. Would you agree with that?

You're right. I reversed the Morlocks and Eloi. Pardon my impending senility and the momentary memory lapse (it's been awhile).

Re: the "head shot," a slim chance is a lot better than no chance. Would you agree with that?
We don't base public policy on slim chances. They could have been struck by lightning, that doesn't mean we hold concerts in the rain on the roof just in case.

sure he can he wrote the rules how to handle a criminal. ask him

We don't base public policy on slim chances. They could have been struck by lightning, that doesn't mean we hold concerts in the rain on the roof just in case.
you mean you don't.

Fury
Liar, many French police are unarmed.

Paris Police Retreated From Terrorist Gunmen Because They Were UNARMED
that dude is a fk. he is a frkn loser lefty who doesn't care for human life.

you mean you don't.
No one does. Amps and rain don't mix.

Forum List

Back