One more reason why republicans will lose big in 2014

Sad how far left the Democratic party has gone

Forward- The Obama Way - YouTube

It continues to amaze me how Conservatives continue to turn JFKs call for public service into a declaration that government should not help people

Sure
the extreme left can not understand how his tax cuts grew the economy

that really is the more amazing thing

If thats the case.......I am willing to go back to the tax rates we had under JFK

Are you?

Military budget and Social spending too

Because the US has spent since 1965
16 trillion on social programs
and we have the same level of poverty

It continues to amaze me how Conservatives continue to turn JFKs call for public service into a declaration that government should not help people

Sure

If thats the case.......I am willing to go back to the tax rates we had under JFK

Are you?

Talking about the tax rate....period. Or, are you talking about the tax rates plus the tax exemptions under JFK? :eusa_whistle:

Sure

Are you?

Apples and oranges. We were not in a world economy for most all of our manufactured products in the early 60s and wealth stayed here.
Not the same now as we are in a world economy for almost everything.
Tax at that rate now and they leave tomorrow.

404-error-obamacare.jpg

If you are in this country you should speak English. English is the language of America.

Hell. Go to Miami. In order to be an EMS worker or a police officer you have to know Spanish.

If you don't want to learn the language then go the hell back to wherever you came from.

I would fully expect myself to learn the language if I were to move to another country.

So police and EMS should not understand the language of the people they serve?

If a community speaks mostly Spanish and they pay taxes for police and EMS services. You don't think they should speak the language of the people who are paying their salaries?

We have Italian and Chinese immigrants in this country as well, I don't see emergency services having to accommodate to them. Do you think the citizens of France accommodate those foreign immigrants who move into their country? What's so difficult in learning the language and customs of the country you desire to live in?

Sure

Are you?

Apples and oranges. We were not in a world economy for most all of our manufactured products in the early 60s and wealth stayed here.
Not the same now as we are in a world economy for almost everything.
Tax at that rate now and they leave tomorrow.

Very true
the progressives and other Papa Obama apologists economic polices are 'regressive'.

After WW II, the US had a lot economic strength and lack of world competition
made it easier for our economy to take on their programs and tolerate failed social programs.

Rising water lifts all boats, kind of thing

But now, they still think big gov't, big unions are going to save the day

Last edited:
So, if your family has been speaking Spanish in Miami since before it was a part of the United States, and plenty of them have, they should be forced to speak English, to accommodate a nation that acquired the land they live on?

What do you mean by "forced to speak English"?

If they go to school in this country, they speak English.

They are in this country. You speak the language of the country your in. If you speak the language of the country you left and English then good for you. Your a smarty.

Not to smart to live in a country and not speak the language of that country and its pretty arrogant of you to expect others to speak your language.

They are in this country. You speak the language of the country your in. If you speak the language of the country you left and English then good for you. Your a smarty.

Not to smart to live in a country and not speak the language of that country and its pretty arrogant of you to expect others to speak your language.

Whenever I go to another country, I expect them to speak English

Until many Republicans quit treating gays like second class citizens, quit claiming scientists are Marxists and abandon their support for government control of abortion expect another ass kicking the next election.
This ain't rocket science.

Whenever "I" go ... "I" expect. Spoken like a self centered individual who has no respect for the people nor the culture of that foreign country they choose to reside in.

Of course you do and I'll be your surprised when they don't.

They are in this country. You speak the language of the country your [sic] in. If you speak the language of the country you left and English then good for you. Your [sic] a smarty.

Not to[sic] smart to live in a country and not speak the language of that country and its [sic] pretty arrogant of you to expect others to speak your language.

And when do you plan on learning English?

Whenever "I" go ... "I" expect. Spoken like a self centered individual who has no respect for the people nor the culture of that foreign country they choose to reside in.

Like a true American, I expect citizens in other countries to speak English when I get there. Canada, Mexico, Europe, Central America.....you better speak English or I take my business elsewhere

After the republicans got thrashed in the last election they set up a commission to evaluate why they lost and how to avoid losing in the future. The prime finding of the commission was that the demographics of America were changing (no surprise there) and that if the republicans wanted to remain relevant they needed to change also. The recommendation was that the republican party needs to actively work toward bringing Hispanics into the party.
They have a perfect chance to do that now but I fully expect that the republican party will once again shoot themselves in the foot. What the republicans need to do is to come out with a broad immigration plan that offers a way for Hispanics to become American citizens. But THAT is exactly what President Obama is preparing to do. This places the republicans in a bind. Should they strongly support a sweeping immigration plan (similar to what Obama is offering) OR should they dig in their heels and refuse to accept any plan Obama offers just as they have done throughout the last five years.
I am betting that the republicans will dig in their heels and refuse to offer a plan similar to Obama's. In other words, they will once again play the obstruction card and in the process slap the people who could help them win elections in the face. And then, after losing the Hispanic vote by a wide margin in 2014, they will once again scratch their heads and ask "Why did we lose? I don't understand."

speaking of putting Republicans in a bind
:eusa_whistle:

carepig-i5729.jpg

After the republicans got thrashed in the last election they set up a commission to evaluate why they lost and how to avoid losing in the future. The prime finding of the commission was that the demographics of America were changing (no surprise there) and that if the republicans wanted to remain relevant they needed to change also. The recommendation was that the republican party needs to actively work toward bringing Hispanics into the party.
They have a perfect chance to do that now but I fully expect that the republican party will once again shoot themselves in the foot. What the republicans need to do is to come out with a broad immigration plan that offers a way for Hispanics to become American citizens. But THAT is exactly what President Obama is preparing to do. This places the republicans in a bind. Should they strongly support a sweeping immigration plan (similar to what Obama is offering) OR should they dig in their heels and refuse to accept any plan Obama offers just as they have done throughout the last five years.
I am betting that the republicans will dig in their heels and refuse to offer a plan similar to Obama's. In other words, they will once again play the obstruction card and in the process slap the people who could help them win elections in the face. And then, after losing the Hispanic vote by a wide margin in 2014, they will once again scratch their heads and ask "Why did we lose? I don't understand."

speaking of putting Republicans in a bind
:eusa_whistle:

carepig-i5729.jpg

Okay...that is just disturbing.

Forum List

Back