One more reason why republicans will lose big in 2014

If you are in this country you should speak English. English is the language of America.

Hell. Go to Miami. In order to be an EMS worker or a police officer you have to know Spanish.

If you don't want to learn the language then go the hell back to wherever you came from.

I would fully expect myself to learn the language if I were to move to another country.

If you are in this country you should speak English. English is the language of America.

Hell. Go to Miami. In order to be an EMS worker or a police officer you have to know Spanish.

If you don't want to learn the language then go the hell back to wherever you came from.

I would fully expect myself to learn the language if I were to move to another country.

They have been speaking Spanish in Miami much longer than they have been speaking English. Maybe if you want to live in Miami you should learn Spanish.

The majority of Americans support that position

Only the most reactionary and extreme leftists/ papa obama apologists
do not

So, if your family has been speaking Spanish in Miami since before it was a part of the United States, and plenty of them have, they should be forced to speak English, to accommodate a nation that acquired the land they live on?

The Pubs will probably lose big mostly due to the fact that there are people dependent on government than ever before, and the Dems will keep them at the trough.

Sad how far left the Democratic party has gone

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8TjbbpVLh4]Forward- The Obama Way - YouTube[/ame]

So police and EMS should not understand the language of the people they serve?

If a community speaks mostly Spanish and they pay taxes for police and EMS services. You don't think they should speak the language of the people who are paying their salaries?

Last edited:
Nope. The people they serve should speak English. These folks all went to school in America so they should know English. Its not like all of Miami suddenly came from another country.

English is the language here in America. Not Spanish, Japanese, German or any other language. English.

Nope. The people they serve should speak English. These folks all went to school in America so they should know English. Its not like all of Miami suddenly came from another country.

English is the language here in America. Not Spanish, Japanese, German or any other language. English.

I have never met a second generation American who does not speak English

In a free country, people are allowed to speak any language they wish. If a community has a large population that speaks Spanish or Korean or Chinese, I see no reason why emergency workers in that area should not be required to speak two languages

You mean you have no problem with anyone not speaking Spanish or whatever the other language is, not getting the job.

Even if they are qualified and superior at the job and lose the job because they don't speak that lingo?

Oh and you also have no problem with that first generation who have been in this country for decades not speaking English.

Gottcha.

Last edited:
We see the far right refusing to realize they are in the growing minority and steadily losing power.

Yup, keep insulting and denying the Americanism of the 80% of its citizens that don't agree with you.

You mean you have no problem with anyone not speaking Spanish or whatever the other language is, not getting the job.

Even if they are qualified and superior at the job and lose the job because they don't speak that lingo?

Oh and you also have no problem with that first generation who have been in this country for decades not speaking English.

Gottcha.

I have a problem with job requirements that do not reflect the job you are expected to do

If you are an emergency worker who works in an area with a large percentage of the population speaking another language, I see no reason why your ability to speak that language should not be a requirement for the job. People could die as a result
If a job comes down to two people.......one of which can speak two languages and the other who can't. I see no reason why the bilingual worker should not be hired

So you have no problem with folks who have lived in this country for decades not speaking English and expecting everyone else to speak their language.

Again Got it

So you have no problem with folks who have lived in this country for decades not speaking English and expecting everyone else to speak their language.

Again Got it

No I don't. Especially since Americans are notorious for refusing to speak other languages. Americans abroad want to speak English...most of the world accomodates us

If your job is to save peoples lives and being able to speak their language helps to save a life. I have no problem with that being a requirement for the job

What is your thought on the reason why the border(s) have not be closed after all this time?

In regards to immigration....is it too much to ask to close the border first, before going any further? I mean, it was supposed to be closed after the Reagan amnesty.....right????
I think that's the biggest hang up with immigration.

It's hard to deal with a party who's intent is to redistribute wealth in this country.....the takers will always vote for that. Hopefully there will be enough democrats who are beginning to feel the pinch of the redistribution of wealth regarding Obamacare. People tend to be lax regarding politics until it hits home with them, then they catch on quickly.

Again Got it

No I don't. Especially since Americans are notorious for refusing to speak other languages. Americans abroad want to speak English...most of the world accomodates us

If your job is to save peoples lives and being able to speak their language helps to save a life. I have no problem with that being a requirement for the job

We aren't speaking of Americans in other countries.

We're talking about immigrants in this country.

Sure it would be nice if the EMT or Police officer spoke the lingo but it shouldn't be a requirement that they do. The requirment should be that those living in our country speak OUR language.

Actually, you don't

There is an element of your party that is full of hate. They hate blacks, they hate gays and they hate Hispanics

Don't think for a minute that minorities don't recognize that your party tolerates the haters. They hear it on rightwing media, they hear the TeaTards, They see the legislation coming out of Republicans

Until party leaders start to deal with he haters, you will continue to draw single digits on election day

Yep, just keep repeating the lie, Hitler would be proud of your propaganda skills. How about giving us some names of people in a position to make policy instead of generalizations, or is this the best ya got.
And the "best ya got" is pulling out your Hitler comparison. Beside being totally untrue it is just another lie the right like to throw around.
"If you don't agree with us you are just like Hitler."
Please, try to think like an adult rather than a third grade name caller.

The left has been comparing the right to Hitler forever and first coined it.

Again Got it

We aren't speaking of Americans in other countries.

We're talking about immigrants in this country.

Sure it would be nice if the EMT or Police officer spoke the lingo but it shouldn't be a requirement that they do. The requirment should be that those living in our country speak OUR language.

The reactionary left and Obama apologists are going against the majority position (72%) on this issue.

Well, no surprise, that is how reactionary the Democratic party has become

Last edited:

Forum List

Back