🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

One of the following MUST be true about God

He should have smited me long ago at the very least. This "god" entity if in fact exists is a loser. My life has hung in the balance dozens of times...If this "god" is serious he would have barely had to lift a finger to send me packing... Gods track record and quality of performance is dismal.

I wouldn't hire your god to flip burgers or mow the lawn.

Some folks (perhaps more intelligent, less arrogant ones) could look at that very same "evidence" and contemplate the possibility that God doesn't mete out "justice" in our here and now -- and that, if anything, maybe their continued existence on planet Earth is a testament to the beneficence of God.

I don't think God would take any lawn mowing gig from you anyway.

:eusa_whistle:

If there ever was a "god's country" worth mowing it would be the front yard of the farm I grew up on.

Pebble Cove Farm (Orcas Island, WA) - Hotel Reviews - TripAdvisor

God would have to look far and wide to find a nicer yard to mow...

Just sayin...

True story.

My town might think my pretty lawn needs mowing. That doesn't mean the mayor will deign to do the mowing.

True fact.

Everybody dies. Is that a strange concept for agnostics to accept? There is sin and evil people in the world and boys are raped as well as women. God gave us free will and the greatest Country in the world but you can make book on it that whiny agnostics are never thankful. Apparently they want to live forever in complete safety but it ain't gonna happen.

Why not kill yourself now then? If the afterlife is great.... Why wait?
Because I am commanded not to. You know, St. Paul struggled with the same dilemma in the bible. He spoke of wanting to commit suicide just to get to God that much faster and stop the suffering he was enduring. But he concluded that God surely had some further purpose for him (and who are we to decide God does not have future plans for us).

Clearly option one, since we know that in order for a deity to be worthy of worship it must be omnipotent. An omnipotent deity can’t be ‘incompetent,’ and ‘caring’ or not is a human attribute, not possessed by an omnipotent deity.

I told you this the last time you tried to pontificate on theology, omnipotent does not mean all knowing, it means all powerful. An ominpotent god could do anything it set its mind to doing, but could still make mistakes.

By the way, why do you think omnipotence is the one overriding attribute of a god? Why not pick something else, like good looks?

So using your definition, is god omnipotent?

Thanks for missing the point.

No one's definition matters unless they can back it up by pointing to God and proving that they are 100% right. I used to try to define God when I was a lot more arrogant and completely ignorant, I know better in my old age. I take my pleasure in pointing out to others that their own lack of expertise in who, or what, God is does not qualify them to declare that their definition proves He does not exist.

Last edited:
1) God doesn't exist
2) God is incompetent
3) God doesn't give a shit

One of the three above statements must be true. Take a scenario that seems unexplainable when it comes to "Why would God do ____________?" Or 'Why would God allow _______"?

Children dying of cancer
Women being raped
Mass Genocide
The Holocaust
etc...

None of these events make any sense and would leave any sane person wondering how God plays a part in those events occurring. The answer is one of the above three options.

So which do you think is correct? 1, 2, 3?

Apparently you missed the idea that God just might be testing you. God gave us free will and it's up to us whether we want to be good or evil, or in your case a Godless heathen who will one day be judged. But what do I care what your beliefs are...

Everybody dies. Is that a strange concept for agnostics to accept? There is sin and evil people in the world and boys are raped as well as women. God gave us free will and the greatest Country in the world but you can make book on it that whiny agnostics are never thankful. Apparently they want to live forever in complete safety but it ain't gonna happen.

This doesn’t make any sense.

Why would an omnipotent deity give one ‘free will,’ an omnipotent entity is prescient; and if not prescient, it’s not omnipotent, and, once again, not worthy of worship.

1) God doesn't exist
2) God is incompetent

One of the three above statements must be true. Take a scenario that seems unexplainable when it comes to "Why would God do ____________?" Or 'Why would God allow _______"?

Children dying of cancer
Women being raped
Mass Genocide
The Holocaust
etc...

None of these events make any sense and would leave any sane person wondering how God plays a part in those events occurring. The answer is one of the above three options.

Apparently you missed the idea that God just might be testing you. God gave us free will and it's up to us whether we want to be good or evil, or in your case a Godless heathen who will one day be judged. But what do I care what your beliefs are...

This also doesn’t make any sense.

Why would an omnipotent deity need to ‘test’ or 'judge' anyone? Wouldn’t your deity already know the outcome of any ‘test’? Why would an omnipotent deity need to play such an inane game? Unless, of course, it doesn’t exist, all that exists is man’s perception of his contrivance.

1) God doesn't exist
2) God is incompetent

Children dying of cancer
Women being raped
Mass Genocide
The Holocaust
etc...

This also doesn’t make any sense.

Why would an omnipotent deity need to ‘test’ or 'judge' anyone? Wouldn’t your deity already know the outcome of any ‘test’? Why would an omnipotent deity need to play such an inane game? Unless, of course, it doesn’t exist, all that exists is man’s perception of his contrivance.

Would you please pick up a dictionary so you understand the words you are throwing around?

1) God doesn't exist
2) God is incompetent

Children dying of cancer
Women being raped
Mass Genocide
The Holocaust
etc...
If you give the bible a good read, one thing you walk away with is a strong sense that God does not make a habit of intervening on behalf of people so as to prevent their suffering. Now this is not intended to solve your dilemma case closed--but the bible does address this directly. Our first representatives brought suffering upon us all. They had a perfect scenario. Adam and Eve (in what I believe was a test with cosmic implications) were given 99.99% autonomy. God told them they could do whatever they wanted--just don't eat the fruit from either of those 2 trees. Like I said, I believe this was a test. God set it all up to see if we would be satisfied living an immortal life in paradise, with only a simple rule not to do this one thing. The answer was a resounding "NO!" Adam and Eve, being our perfect representatives, demonstrated that we just can't be happy unless we have no rules whatsoever.

God allowed the cosmic disaster in the mistake Adam and Eve made, but instead of wiping the slate clean, He decided to go on as is, and save a remnant of the human race for future plans.

And that dovetails perfectly with another repetitive, strong message from the bible. And that is, though bad things happen, God turns them into good things. There are infinite ways in which one person's suffering can turn out to be a good thing for that person or a host of other people. The good things that God brings about out of bad, may not reveal themselves until decades later or more. But through faith in the Scriptures we all believe that God makes good out of what was seen as bad.

By the way--dying is seen as a bad thing only by people who lack faith.

The resources spent on health-care in this country say differently, ass-U-Me-ing the statistic is true that 70% of Americans are "believers".

Wild? Blind? Not at all. Look at the world around us and you can plainly see that no, all loving God is looking out for anyone.

What facts do you have that prove the existence of God? Just the fact that you don't have any is a good start at proving the lack of his existence.

I have no facts. Not a one. That is the point. Neither do you. But your belief based upon no facts must be better than anyone else's belief based upon no facts. Why? Because you say that is the way it is. Which just makes you another bible thumper with a different bible.

As to what I can plainly see, that represents no evidence of any sort other than there is suffering in the world. Now show me some evidence which supports the argument that a god would interfere with that. I'll wait.

Great, so neither of us knows for sure. But yet you still believe in something you have no proof of. Why don't you believe in a invisible bunny rabbit in the sky? Why don't you pray to a green hippo who no one can see but is with us all the time?

Yes. I believe in something I have no proof of, just as you do. The only difference between us is that I am not claiming my belief is superior. I accept the fact of my ignorance and you do not. So while we both believe without proof, you ignore reality. Which again makes you no different than anyone else insisting their beliefs are true just because they say so.

I told you this the last time you tried to pontificate on theology, omnipotent does not mean all knowing, it means all powerful. An ominpotent god could do anything it set its mind to doing, but could still make mistakes.

By the way, why do you think omnipotence is the one overriding attribute of a god? Why not pick something else, like good looks?

So using your definition, is god omnipotent?

That was NOT his definition. He used a silly example to highlight his point about the randomness of your daffynition.

Try to keep up.

Wtf are you talking about? Learn to read.... He gave his own definition.

1) God doesn't exist
2) God is incompetent

Children dying of cancer
Women being raped
Mass Genocide
The Holocaust
etc...

So what test are children being given when they suffer through cancer?

What test are infants being given when they undergo multiple open heart surgeries?

I have no facts. Not a one. That is the point. Neither do you. But your belief based upon no facts must be better than anyone else's belief based upon no facts. Why? Because you say that is the way it is. Which just makes you another bible thumper with a different bible.

As to what I can plainly see, that represents no evidence of any sort other than there is suffering in the world. Now show me some evidence which supports the argument that a god would interfere with that. I'll wait.

Great, so neither of us knows for sure. But yet you still believe in something you have no proof of. Why don't you believe in a invisible bunny rabbit in the sky? Why don't you pray to a green hippo who no one can see but is with us all the time?

Yes. I believe in something I have no proof of, just as you do. The only difference between us is that I am not claiming my belief is superior. I accept the fact of my ignorance and you do not. So while we both believe without proof, you ignore reality. Which again makes you no different than anyone else insisting their beliefs are true just because they say so.

You didn't answer my question? Why don't you believe in the invisible bunny rabbit? You have no proof of that either so you probably should believe in that too..... Because you never know. Right?

And I'm pretty sure I'm the one who is basing their opinion on reality. You are the one who believes in something that can't be verified and all evidence points to a conclusion that there is no god, yet you ignore reality and believe anyway.

You didn't answer my question? Why don't you believe in the invisible bunny rabbit? You have no proof of that either so you probably should believe in that too..... Because you never know. Right?

And I'm pretty sure I'm the one who is basing their opinion on reality. You are the one who believes in something that can't be verified and all evidence points to a conclusion that there is no god, yet you ignore reality and believe anyway.

I did not answer your question becausd it is an absurd straw man. I am not going to waste my time on it.

Can you verify your belief? By all means, show me the evidence which points to your conclusion that there is no god. I can't wait to see it.

I did not answer your question becausd it is an absurd straw man. I am not going to waste my time on it.

Can you verify your belief? By all means, show me the evidence which points to your conclusion that there is no god. I can't wait to see it.

I provided multiple reasons in the OP.

Provide me a reason that God does exist. You are asking me to provide evidence of the absence of something, which I've done. But what you're asking is kind of like me saying, "You're a nazi, prove you're not".

Provide me a reason that God does exist. You are asking me to provide evidence of the absence of something, which I've done. But what you're asking is kind of like me saying, "You're a nazi, prove you're not".

I have never claimed God does exist, so I need provide you with nothing. You are the one making the claim here - not me. Your inability to prove your claim is not proof of your claim.

What you provided in the OP was opinion, not evidence. It was just your statement of belief based upon absolutely nothing but your belief. You stated the evidence points to the conclusion there is no god. Back that up. Show me the evidence or admit you have none. I will continue to wait.

That was NOT his definition. He used a silly example to highlight his point about the randomness of your daffynition.

Try to keep up.

Wtf are you talking about? Learn to read.... He gave his own definition.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Toldya so. No dictionaries, every word has a subjective definition.

They are the brain dead soup of liberal education.

Alright, I'll let you explain why does God kill babies with Cancer?

Baby who fought cancer with mom dies - The Chart - CNN.com Blogs

Let me guess..."we aren't meant to know". Right??

I have never claimed God does exist, so I need provide you with nothing. You are the one making the claim here - not me. Your inability to prove your claim is not proof of your claim.

What you provided in the OP was opinion, not evidence. It was just your statement of belief based upon absolutely nothing but your belief. You stated the evidence points to the conclusion there is no god. Back that up. Show me the evidence or admit you have none. I will continue to wait.

Baby who fought cancer with mom dies ? The Chart - CNN.com Blogs

There's my proof. Need more. I can go all day.

Yawn. We get it. You don't understand it, so that's you're "proof" that God doesn't exist.

Thanks for that.

Baby who fought cancer with mom dies ? The Chart - CNN.com Blogs

There's my proof. Need more. I can go all day.

That's your proof? Ok... I want to make sure I understand you. What you are saying here is that if there was a God, that baby would not have died. What evidence do you have to support that?

Forum List

Back