One of the following MUST be true about God

Yawn. We get it. You don't understand it, so that's you're "proof" that God doesn't exist.

Thanks for that.

Of course I don't understand it. Because it doesn't make any sense. Explain to me how you can believe in an all loving god that still manages to let infants suffer and die from cancer.

There's my proof, go ahead and use your infinite wisdom to explain it to me.

I have never claimed God does exist, so I need provide you with nothing. You are the one making the claim here - not me. Your inability to prove your claim is not proof of your claim.

What you provided in the OP was opinion, not evidence. It was just your statement of belief based upon absolutely nothing but your belief. You stated the evidence points to the conclusion there is no god. Back that up. Show me the evidence or admit you have none. I will continue to wait.

Baby who fought cancer with mom dies ? The Chart - CNN.com Blogs

There's my proof. Need more. I can go all day.

That's your proof? Ok... I want to make sure I understand you. What you are saying here is that if there was a God, that baby would not have died. What evidence do you have to support that?

Correct.

Either God doesn't exist, or he doesn't care or he's incompetent...per my OP. So again, why did that baby suffer and die? I provided my proof, tell me why it's wrong.

That's your proof? Ok... I want to make sure I understand you. What you are saying here is that if there was a God, that baby would not have died. What evidence do you have to support that?

Correct.

Either God doesn't exist, or he doesn't care or he's incompetent...per my OP. So again, why did that baby suffer and die? I provided my proof, tell me why it's wrong.

No. You provided your opinion based upon your unsupported assumption (i.e. belief) you know the nature of God. I am asking your to provide your evidence to support your opinion.

Once again, I am making no claim so I need support nothing. You are making the claim. The onus is on you to support that claim. I continue to wait.

Correct.

No. You provided your opinion based upon your unsupported assumption (i.e. belief) you know the nature of God. I am asking your to provide your evidence to support your opinion.

Once again, I am making no claim so I need support nothing. You are making the claim. The onus is on you to support that claim. I continue to wait.

Are you dense? I have an opinion and I gave a reason why I have that opinion. If I don't know the nature of God, then explain it to me. Where am I wrong to doubt the existence of god based upon my reason I provided.

Correct.

Are you dense? I have an opinion and I gave a reason why I have that opinion. If I don't know the nature of God, then explain it to me. Where am I wrong to doubt the existence of god based upon my reason I provided.

Where you are wrong is in your assertion that the evidence supports your opinion, when in fact you have no evidence at all. You have claimed your position is one of logic, but you dont' use logic. I don't know if your assessment is right or wrong, nor do I care. God is an irrelevancy as far as I am concerned. But if you are going to hold your own beliefs (and belief is all it is) as reality, then I expect you to present some reality - not just your own insistence that the universe works a given way just because that is the way you want it to work.

So let me repeat my initial response to your OP. It is nothing but belief, no better than any other belief. And frankly, I am getting the feeling it is not a statement from someone who does not believe in God, but someone who is pissed off at the God he believes in. Because you seem to have a very clear idea of what God is.

Where you are wrong is in your assertion that the evidence supports your opinion, when in fact you have no evidence at all. You have claimed your position is one of logic, but you dont' use logic. I don't know if your assessment is right or wrong, nor do I care. God is an irrelevancy as far as I am concerned. But if you are going to hold your own beliefs (and belief is all it is) as reality, then I expect you to present some reality - not just your own insistence that the universe works a given way just because that is the way you want it to work.

So let me repeat my initial response to your OP. It is nothing but belief, no better than any other belief. And frankly, I am getting the feeling it is not a statement from someone who does not believe in God, but someone who is pissed off at the God he believes in. Because you seem to have a very clear idea of what God is.

I have PLENTY of evidence. You just fail to want to accept it. If I am misunderstanding what God is or capable of, then explain it to me. But you can't even do that. According to you, I'm wrong "just because" yet you don't feel the need to say why. Yup, you definitely sound like someone that would believe in an invisible man in the sky who lets babies suffer and die all while proclaiming god is all powerful and all loving.

1) God doesn't exist
2) God is incompetent
3) God doesn't give a shit

One of the three above statements must be true. Take a scenario that seems unexplainable when it comes to "Why would God do ____________?" Or 'Why would God allow _______"?

Children dying of cancer
Women being raped
Mass Genocide
The Holocaust
etc...

None of these events make any sense and would leave any sane person wondering how God plays a part in those events occurring. The answer is one of the above three options.

So which do you think is correct? 1, 2, 3?

None of the above. You answered the question yourself. None of these events make any sense and would leave any sane person wondering how God plays a part in those events occuring. You answered it! ( Are you sane? )

He doesn't!

Had you read your bible you'd know Satan is the one who causes sickness, murder, death, disease, not God! God is a healer! I am the LORD that healeth thee! - Exodus

Satan is the one who requested permission from God to touch Jobs body - Job had a hedge of protection around him. God allowed Satan to test his servant but not kill him. In the end Job was rewarded double fold for his trouble and affliction.

Your problem here is that you are blaming the wrong one. Blame Satan. He is the one who has come to steal ( your health ) Kill ( murder ) destroy ( chaos ) in your life. Understand? Read your bible.

- Jeremiah

Doubling down on sky fairies by adding an evil one into the soap opera is hardly an explaination of sky fairy #1 ..the "good" one.

You could just add another make believe pixie for every situation that comes along into infinity.

Deconstructing "god" as a sheppard of humanity is as good as any place to start. The "devil" god seems to take a much more active role in the affairs of human endeavor than does the supposed "good" god. If there is truly a battle of wills and purpose between these two entities where is the evidense that praying evokes the good god's action?

There is none.

I have PLENTY of evidence. You just fail to want to accept it. If I am misunderstanding what God is or capable of, then explain it to me. But you can't even do that. According to you, I'm wrong "just because" yet you don't feel the need to say why. Yup, you definitely sound like someone that would believe in an invisible man in the sky who lets babies suffer and die all while proclaiming god is all powerful and all loving.

If you have plenty of evidence, why have you not presented any?

As to the rest, yes I am a heathen. Always have been.

Where is your evidence that you're not a Nazi and a rapist?

Should I assume when you can't provide that evidence, then those things must be true? Or is the burden on me to prove you are a Nazi and a rapist?

Should I assume when you can't provide that evidence, then those things must be true? Or is the burden on me to prove you are a Nazi and a rapist?

I don't believe I have claimed to be a nazi or a rapist. Why should I have to prove it? And if I can't prove I'm not, all that shows is that I can't prove it. It says absolutely nothing about whether or not I am. The trick here is not to make claims you can't support, not to complain it isn't fair that someone asks you to support it.

You seem to think I am saying your conclusion is wrong. I have no idea if your conclusion is wrong or not. I am saying that your inability to prove your conclusion does not constitute proof of your conclusion. You are making blanket statements as if they are fact. You have said that the evidence supports your conclusion. I am saying your statemenst are not fact, they are mere belief. I am saying you have no evidence of any kind. Whether you happen to be correct in your conclusion is anyone's guess - but guess is all it is. Those who say you are a tool of Satan are using as much evidence to support their claim as you have presented. IOW... none.

If you are going to see your position as one of logic, you should start using logic.

With 26,000 estimated rapes in the last several years in the ranks of "our finest" young men and women in the services I think we should be able to admit that as a country we do in fact at the very least support rape.

As for being NAZIS ???? There is much evidense that many Americans and certainly our banks supported the nazis.

We refused to offer refuge to many thousands of jews attempting to escape genocide.

How can we honestly say we did not offer nazis more than thier victims?

1) God doesn't exist
2) God is incompetent

One of the three above statements must be true. Take a scenario that seems unexplainable when it comes to "Why would God do ____________?" Or 'Why would God allow _______"?

Children dying of cancer
Women being raped
Mass Genocide
The Holocaust
etc...

None of these events make any sense and would leave any sane person wondering how God plays a part in those events occurring. The answer is one of the above three options.

I personally think it's #3.

I believe god does exist and isn't incompetent. But I also believe an omnipotent spiritual energy which created the universe and life, has no need for humanistic attributes like caring or worrying. Those are attributes god has bestowed upon us, to deal with the realities in our physical existence and material world, which god also created.

It is the Big Misconception of man made Religion, that God has human emotion or attributes. God doesn't need to be jealous, angry, happy, loving, vengeful, or wanting. God does not care if you worship God, believe in God, accept the existence of God. God doesn't have desire, but if it existed, could easily satisfy it...God is God, after all.

So you may be saying, what's the difference then, whether I believe in god or not? And there is no difference, really. It is through the strength of faith in God that many people find inspired hope and strength they wouldn't normally experience. Positive results from faith in God are often referred to by the religious as "blessings." However, it is a misconception that God cares whether or not you accept spiritual nature or have faith in it. God is completely indifferent to what you believe....like lightning or electricity. God exists for your benefit through faith, understanding, spiritual connection... it is entirely up to you whether you chose to utilize this in your limited existence. Some call this, "free will."

1) God doesn't exist
2) God is incompetent

Children dying of cancer
Women being raped
Mass Genocide
The Holocaust
etc...

I personally think it's #3.

I believe god does exist and isn't incompetent. But I also believe an omnipotent spiritual energy which created the universe and life, has no need for humanistic attributes like caring or worrying. Those are attributes god has bestowed upon us, to deal with the realities in our physical existence and material world, which god also created.

It is the Big Misconception of man made Religion, that God has human emotion or attributes. God doesn't need to be jealous, angry, happy, loving, vengeful, or wanting. God does not care if you worship God, believe in God, accept the existence of God. God doesn't have desire, but if it existed, could easily satisfy it...God is God, after all.

So you may be saying, what's the difference then, whether I believe in god or not? And there is no difference, really. It is through the strength of faith in God that many people find inspired hope and strength they wouldn't normally experience. Positive results from faith in God are often referred to by the religious as "blessings." However, it is a misconception that God cares whether or not you accept spiritual nature or have faith in it. God is completely indifferent to what you believe....like lightning or electricity. God exists for your benefit through faith, understanding, spiritual connection... it is entirely up to you whether you chose to utilize this in your limited existence. Some call this, "free will."

Thanks for the answer. One of the first and only real attempts at answering. We don't necessarily agree on the existence of God, but that's ok. At least you attempted to reconcile the shit we see in the world with how God fits in to that picture.

You didn't answer my question? Why don't you believe in the invisible bunny rabbit? You have no proof of that either so you probably should believe in that too..... Because you never know. Right?

And I'm pretty sure I'm the one who is basing their opinion on reality. You are the one who believes in something that can't be verified and all evidence points to a conclusion that there is no god, yet you ignore reality and believe anyway.

I did not answer your question becausd it is an absurd straw man. I am not going to waste my time on it.

Can you verify your belief? By all means, show me the evidence which points to your conclusion that there is no god. I can't wait to see it.

I provided multiple reasons in the OP.

Provide me a reason that God does exist. You are asking me to provide evidence of the absence of something, which I've done. But what you're asking is kind of like me saying, "You're a nazi, prove you're not".

You did not.

Wtf are you talking about? Learn to read.... He gave his own definition.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Toldya so. No dictionaries, every word has a subjective definition.

They are the brain dead soup of liberal education.

Alright, I'll let you explain why does God kill babies with Cancer?

Baby who fought cancer with mom dies - The Chart - CNN.com Blogs

Let me guess..."we aren't meant to know". Right??

Tell you what, prove God killed that baby and then we can discuss why He did so. Until you actually do that, which would actually require you to first prove God exists, I have no need to defend my position that God had nothing to do with that child dying.

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure that the guy you are arguing with doesn't believe in God. He just happens to be honest enough to see that your belief system is just as irrational as a person who claims that God told him to kill his neighbor.

That was NOT his definition. He used a silly example to highlight his point about the randomness of your daffynition.

Try to keep up.

Wtf are you talking about? Learn to read.... He gave his own definition.

I did? Can you show me where?

Didn't think so.

So when you said this "omnipotent does not mean all knowing, it means all powerful.", you weren't giving a definition of the word omnipotent?

I did not answer your question becausd it is an absurd straw man. I am not going to waste my time on it.

Can you verify your belief? By all means, show me the evidence which points to your conclusion that there is no god. I can't wait to see it.

I provided multiple reasons in the OP.

Provide me a reason that God does exist. You are asking me to provide evidence of the absence of something, which I've done. But what you're asking is kind of like me saying, "You're a nazi, prove you're not".

You did not.

Let me check again.....yup I sure did. Time for another eye exam perhaps old man?

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Toldya so. No dictionaries, every word has a subjective definition.

They are the brain dead soup of liberal education.

Alright, I'll let you explain why does God kill babies with Cancer?

Baby who fought cancer with mom dies - The Chart - CNN.com Blogs

Let me guess..."we aren't meant to know". Right??

Tell you what, prove God killed that baby and then we can discuss why He did so. Until you actually do that, which would actually require you to first prove God exists, I have no need to defend my position that God had nothing to do with that child dying.

God didn't stop it. Why is that? That's the point. If he's all powerful, he could have stopped it, correct? But he didn't. Why is that? I suspect because there is no God, but you say he didn't stop it because..........

This is where you tell me why God allowed that baby to suffer and die.

Forum List

Back