🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

One of the following MUST be true about God

So what lessons are to be learned by giving kids cancer or by letting a mother and infant die in a fire? What is god teaching us there?

If god is just going to step back and watch, why do people bother praying? He's just going to do what he wants anyway, right?

Your response seems to line up with my 3rd choice. God doesn't give a shit.

I have no idea. I don't know what is going on any more than you do. However, the point of that is we don't know - not that things must be the way we think they are. Your premise is that you do know and you assume God must think the same way you do. I don't accept that premise.

You're right, I don't know....not with 100% certainty. The same that we don't know that Danny Devito isn't God himself or that Big Foot isn't real. ANYTHING is possible, but that doesn't mean anything is probable. Big difference and the facts and logic all point to God probably doesn't exist.

Not with 100% certainty? You don't know with 0% certainty. You are making a wild, blind, utterly unsuported, in the dark, off the wall, (insert other appropriate adjectives here) guess. There are no facts - and logic used in the absence of facts is nothing but belief. So all you are saying is your belief is better than my belief just because it is your belief. That makes you no different than anyone else insisting that what they believe must be true because they believe it.

I have no idea. I don't know what is going on any more than you do. However, the point of that is we don't know - not that things must be the way we think they are. Your premise is that you do know and you assume God must think the same way you do. I don't accept that premise.

You're right, I don't know....not with 100% certainty. The same that we don't know that Danny Devito isn't God himself or that Big Foot isn't real. ANYTHING is possible, but that doesn't mean anything is probable. Big difference and the facts and logic all point to God probably doesn't exist.

Not with 100% certainty? You don't know with 0% certainty. You are making a wild, blind, utterly unsuported, in the dark, off the wall, (insert other appropriate adjectives here) guess. There are no facts - and logic used in the absence of facts is nothing but belief. So all you are saying is your belief is better than my belief just because it is your belief. That makes you no different than anyone else insisting that what they believe must be true because they believe it.

Wild? Blind? Not at all. Look at the world around us and you can plainly see that no, all loving God is looking out for anyone.

What facts do you have that prove the existence of God? Just the fact that you don't have any is a good start at proving the lack of his existence.

Wild? Blind? Not at all. Look at the world around us and you can plainly see that no, all loving God is looking out for anyone.

What facts do you have that prove the existence of God? Just the fact that you don't have any is a good start at proving the lack of his existence.

I have no facts. Not a one. That is the point. Neither do you. But your belief based upon no facts must be better than anyone else's belief based upon no facts. Why? Because you say that is the way it is. Which just makes you another bible thumper with a different bible.

As to what I can plainly see, that represents no evidence of any sort other than there is suffering in the world. Now show me some evidence which supports the argument that a god would interfere with that. I'll wait.

Folks. The effort to use logic or reason on a dimwit ignorant arrogant twat like RDD is much like talking to a wall.

It serves no useful purpose. The wall has no ability to comprehend, either.

I have no facts. Not a one. That is the point. Neither do you. But your belief based upon no facts must be better than anyone else's belief based upon no facts. Why? Because you say that is the way it is. Which just makes you another bible thumper with a different bible.

As to what I can plainly see, that represents no evidence of any sort other than there is suffering in the world. Now show me some evidence which supports the argument that a god would interfere with that. I'll wait.

Great, so neither of us knows for sure. But yet you still believe in something you have no proof of. Why don't you believe in a invisible bunny rabbit in the sky? Why don't you pray to a green hippo who no one can see but is with us all the time?

Great, so neither of us knows for sure. But yet you still believe in something you have no proof of. Why don't you believe in a invisible bunny rabbit in the sky? Why don't you pray to a green hippo who no one can see but is with us all the time?

Again, a green hippo and an invisible bunny rabbit are very specific entities, and therefore highly unlikely (statistically speaking). I think praying to a general "god" figure sort of widens the odds out a bit because you have a lot of room open for possible definitions.

Most anything is possible RDD, especially given the fact that we know such an infinitely (emphasis on infinite) small amount of information on how the Universe works. Everything you know is based on a human's perspective throughout a very short span of time (we've really not been around that long as a species, and especially not that long as an individual). Again, I feel like your arrogance is sort of unfounded.

Maybe travel around the universe a few times and then report back to us on what's silly or not. Until then, I'm keeping my mind open....

Last edited:
If God exists and has higher purposes for us than He chooses to reveal, that does not mean that there is no God.

An infinitely powerful and wise God might very well see the need to keep His existence shrouded in mystery.

1) God doesn't exist
2) God is incompetent
3) God doesn't give a shit

One of the three above statements must be true. Take a scenario that seems unexplainable when it comes to "Why would God do ____________?" Or 'Why would God allow _______"?

Children dying of cancer
Women being raped
Mass Genocide
The Holocaust
etc...

None of these events make any sense and would leave any sane person wondering how God plays a part in those events occurring. The answer is one of the above three options.

So which do you think is correct? 1, 2, 3?

Why must one of those be true? Because God doesn't do what you want Him to do you think that proves you are smarter than He is?

could it be that after we were "planted" here.....they took off in their ships to go find another planet to "seed"....and everything that has transpired may be our own doing?...and maybe they have returned every now and then to....nudge us....here and there....just speculatin....

I think it far more likely that we are an extremely lucky work in progress between Mother Earth and Father Time.

:beer: To Life!!

I have asked the same question...over and over again . The plain simple truth is: it doesn’t matter one way or the other. How you live your life NOW is all that matters.

Very good point. Humankind needs to be more concerned about this world and not about an afterlife that no human can confirm even exists. It really has no bearing whether you believe in God or not to be a decent person.

Humanity's obsession with which religion is correct has been responsible for more suffering in this world than any other source.

It would be nice to look forward to the next 2,000 years instead of forever dwelling on the last 2,000.

I believe in God.

I don't pretend that my belief has any factual support behind it.

I maintain that there is no more evidence that God does exist than the proposition that he does "not" exist.

I am not religious. One can believe in God without assuming that an Almighty and eternal Creator must necessarily believe in religion (or care whether or not we do).

I suspect that there is a spark of the Divine behind the creation of "life" in even its most primitive form. I cannot prove my suspicion, either.

Again… free will. We must learn from our mistakes.

If God swooped in every time a kid was sick and dying, or everytime a war was about to begin, or evertime you weren’t paying attention and was about to get struck by a truck… what would be the point of our existence? What lessons would we learn? What habbits would we be forced to recognize and change internally?

I don’t believe it’s God’s job to be our police officer; he's instead guiding us on our personal growth.

And again, it's all relative! We're living in a relative paradise compared to the folks in Medieval Europe, where 99% were poor and would die of disease or some other violent means by 40.

Yet we still complain... See where I'm getting at?

I understand if God is too busy to swoop in and save EVERY child every time.....

:dunno: How about once?​

How do you know he hasn't swooped in at least once? Kids are saved from horrible fates/situations every day.

Good point.

It still seems that the Godly should be the luckiest if God is... And they're not.

:eusa_eh: 'Cept the Jews. They've had some lucky streaks through history...

Maybe they're 'chosen', with blood as the tell, and the rest of us are simply screwed no matter what...
Or maybe they're all just ancient stories :dunno:

I believe in God.

I maintain that there is no more evidence that God does exist than the proposition that he does "not" exist.

I am not religious. One can believe in God without assuming that an Almighty and eternal Creator must necessarily believe in religion (or care whether or not we do).

I suspect that there is a spark of the Divine behind the creation of "life" in even its most primitive form. I cannot prove my suspicion, either.

Just one question, Brother... Which God?

Can you be more specific? Is it the God of Abraham, the God of Joseph Smith, the God Billions call 'Allah' or maybe the God currently represented on earth by a nice old Monkey who recently changed his name to 'Francis'?

There's so many to choose from!

And remember... 'None of the above' is a perfectly rational answer. I often times find myself making this shit up as I go. ;)

I believe in God.

Can you be more specific? Is it the God of Abraham, the God of Joseph Smith, the God Billions call 'Allah' or maybe the God currently represented on earth by a nice old Monkey who recently changed his name to 'Francis'?

And the answer is:

It doesn't matter.

To ask, "which God" suggests that I could "KNOW" God, when I just finished acknowledging that I can't even prove that He exists.

I believe in God.

and if "GOD" does indeed exist.....only one of them would be the real deal......"will the REAL "GOD".....please stand up....

Forum List

Back