🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

One of the following MUST be true about God

Oh so God will save the child from dying, but ONLY if you ask him. That's some God.

God has already saved the child from dying. He has already saved us all from dying. The resurrection ensures that we will all rise from the dead. Thus when and how we die is irrelevant in our already Immortal life.

LOL. No one is coming back. No one has come back from the dead before and no one will in the future. Once you open your eyes and accept you get one shot at life you will have a much different tune.

I believe the spirit (ie consciousness) does not die when the physical body dies. It simply moves on to the next thing (whatever that may be).

Most people are familiar with OBE's (out of body experiences) when folks are very close to death, but what a lot of people don't know is that there is a HUGE community of individuals across the globe who "astral project" on a regular basis. Again, check it out and reach your own conclusions.

I've had personal experiences, and therefore I believe.

1) God doesn't exist
2) God is incompetent
3) God doesn't give a shit

One of the three above statements must be true. Take a scenario that seems unexplainable when it comes to "Why would God do ____________?" Or 'Why would God allow _______"?

Children dying of cancer
Women being raped
Mass Genocide
The Holocaust
etc...

None of these events make any sense and would leave any sane person wondering how God plays a part in those events occurring. The answer is one of the above three options.

So which do you think is correct? 1, 2, 3?

I will go with Door Number 1, Monty.

I am not making assumptions about you at all. All I know is that you somehow think an invisible entity has something to do with the world around us and I don't see how someone can believe that with everything we do know and even have yet to learn about the world.

Hey, I'm speaking from my own personal experience with meditation, astral projection, and other methods of spiritual exploration.

It's hard to describe these thoughts/beliefs via words because they don’t tend to translate very well. Again, I suggest you mediate and embark on your own spiritual journey (seeking answers) before ending up at those conclusions.

You might be surprised what you find.

Fair enough, but I have seen plenty in my own life that tells me that there is no God watching out for us.

1) God doesn't exist
2) God is incompetent

One of the three above statements must be true. Take a scenario that seems unexplainable when it comes to "Why would God do ____________?" Or 'Why would God allow _______"?

Children dying of cancer
Women being raped
Mass Genocide
The Holocaust
etc...

None of these events make any sense and would leave any sane person wondering how God plays a part in those events occurring. The answer is one of the above three options.

I mean, that's the logical conclusion.

I am not making assumptions about you at all. All I know is that you somehow think an invisible entity has something to do with the world around us and I don't see how someone can believe that with everything we do know and even have yet to learn about the world.

Hey, I'm speaking from my own personal experience with meditation, astral projection, and other methods of spiritual exploration.

It's hard to describe these thoughts/beliefs via words because they don’t tend to translate very well. Again, I suggest you mediate and embark on your own spiritual journey (seeking answers) before ending up at those conclusions.

Fair enough, but I have seen plenty in my own life that tells me that there is no God watching out for us.

Just out of curiosity; have you explored meditation (on a serious level) and slowing things down to a point where you can get in touch with a bit more clarity?

It's an ancient practice - very effective, proven, and REAL.

Just out of curiosity; have you explored meditation (on a serious level) and slowing things down to a point where you can get in touch with a bit more clarity?

No, I have not tried meditation. I am certainly open to it. I have done Yoga and extensive breathing relaxation and understand the power behind it and am all for that. I am certainly not against trying anything.

No, I have not tried meditation. I am certainly open to it. I have done Yoga and extensive breathing relaxation and understand the power behind it and am all for that. I am certainly not against trying anything.

You should, and also look into astral projection.

I think if you pursue those two (at some point) in a dedicated manner, I could guarantee you will have an entirely new outlook on what "god" is (or could be).

I think if you pursue those two (at some point) in a dedicated manner, I could guarantee you will have an entirely new outlook on what "god" is (or could be).

Like I said, I'm open to trying anything but it would take something dramatic to convince me to ignore all sensibility and the world we live in and believe in a higher power.

I agree that without pain and suffering we wouldn't learn. Put your hand in the fire and you'll learn to not do that again. That's fine and makes sense. But that only reinforces my point that we are in control of our own lives and our own fates and there is no God watching out for us and guiding what we do.

Which is the entire flaw with the thread. Your questioning isn't sincere. You are trying to prove a point rather than trying to learn and understand. Which is why you never will understand. In order to understand, you actually have to sincerely seek the answers.

Humble yourself. Seek knowledge and wisdom instead of trying to prove a point and you will obtain real answers for your questions. Ask and ye shall recieve, seek and ye shall find.

These are blessings you can obtain through prayer if you just do it.

No there isn't. Prayer, as we've established, is a waste of time. Since God will do what he wants anyway prayer is pointless.

You haven't established anything. You havent even considered all the options.

Oh so God will save the child from dying, but ONLY if you ask him. That's some God.

God has already saved the child from dying. He has already saved us all from dying. The resurrection ensures that we will all rise from the dead. Thus when and how we die is irrelevant in our already Immortal life.

LOL. No one is coming back. No one has come back from the dead before and no one will in the future. Once you open your eyes and accept you get one shot at life you will have a much different tune.

Christ rose from the dead. As did many of the Saints as the meridian of time.

You do have one shot at your mortal life. and it determines your Eternal destiny. When you realize that you will have a much different tune. You will realize your actions have consequences and you will stop trying to excuse your behavior. You will also realize how valuable sincerely seeking the truth is.

So if you subscribe to the "We were given free will" theory, then God doesn't really have any power over what happens to people. That's up to each of us to decide, correct?

Not at all. My dog has free will; he’ll roam around the house, sleep when he wants, play when he wants, ect. But at the end of the day I’m in control of the overall “macro” picture of his life.

Did you ever starve your dog just to see if he'd love you in spite of that?

1) God doesn't exist
2) God is incompetent

Children dying of cancer
Women being raped
Mass Genocide
The Holocaust
etc...

Of course, you do. Because you, like him, have accepted a false dilemna without actually considering the truth.

1) God doesn't exist
2) God is incompetent

Children dying of cancer
Women being raped
Mass Genocide
The Holocaust
etc...

I mean, that's the logical conclusion.

Do you know what logic is? You can't present a false dilemna and come up with a logical conclusion. By definition, when you present a false dilemna you are aren't using logic.

So if you subscribe to the "We were given free will" theory, then God doesn't really have any power over what happens to people. That's up to each of us to decide, correct?

Not at all. My dog has free will; he’ll roam around the house, sleep when he wants, play when he wants, ect. But at the end of the day I’m in control of the overall “macro” picture of his life.

Did you ever starve your dog just to see if he'd love you in spite of that?

Na, but if there ever came a time I had to choose between feeding my child or feeding the dog, I would (essentially) choose to starve the dog and feed the kid. Perhaps then I'd see if he still loved me in spite of that.

Hopefully that situation never happens.

Last edited:

Like I said, I'm open to trying anything but it would take something dramatic to convince me to ignore all sensibility and the world we live in and believe in a higher power.

You have demonstrated that you are not open to jack squat. You won't even attempt to look through the questions you posed or consider what others have told you. You asked your questions to try to "prove" a presupposed conclusion you have. You're begging the question.

Perhaps, but who are we to decide when a situation "needs" God to step in?

An child suffering and dying is a pretty worthy situation. No?

Again… free will. We must learn from our mistakes.

If God swooped in every time a kid was sick and dying, or everytime a war was about to begin, or evertime you weren’t paying attention and was about to get struck by a truck… what would be the point of our existence? What lessons would we learn? What habbits would we be forced to recognize and change internally?

I don’t believe it’s God’s job to be our police officer; he's instead guiding us on our personal growth.

And again, it's all relative! We're living in a relative paradise compared to the folks in Medieval Europe, where 99% were poor and would die of disease or some other violent means by 40.

Yet we still complain... See where I'm getting at?

I understand if God is too busy to swoop in and save EVERY child every time.....

:dunno: How about once?​

Christ rose from the dead. As did many of the Saints as the meridian of time.

You do have one shot at your mortal life. and it determines your Eternal destiny. When you realize that you will have a much different tune. You will realize your actions have consequences and you will stop trying to excuse your behavior. You will also realize how valuable sincerely seeking the truth is.

Christ never rose from the dead, and neither will you. You were just told he did and you just didn't bother to ask for proof.

Excuse what behavior? I lead an honest and productive life because I choose to and it's what I feel is right. Not because I fear I am being judged by a higher power. Stop wasting your life admiring a make-believe entity.

Why are believers not the luckiest little bastards to roam the planet?

If God is, why do those who worship Him seem no luckier than those who don't worship Him?

Which is the entire flaw with the thread. Your questioning isn't sincere. You are trying to prove a point rather than trying to learn and understand. Which is why you never will understand. In order to understand, you actually have to sincerely seek the answers.

Humble yourself. Seek knowledge and wisdom instead of trying to prove a point and you will obtain real answers for your questions. Ask and ye shall recieve, seek and ye shall find.

These are blessings you can obtain through prayer if you just do it.

No there isn't. Prayer, as we've established, is a waste of time. Since God will do what he wants anyway prayer is pointless.

You haven't established anything. You havent even considered all the options.

I certainly have. They are all clearly laid out in the OP. Prayer is pointless and is mental masturbation at best.

An child suffering and dying is a pretty worthy situation. No?

Again… free will. We must learn from our mistakes.

If God swooped in every time a kid was sick and dying, or everytime a war was about to begin, or evertime you weren’t paying attention and was about to get struck by a truck… what would be the point of our existence? What lessons would we learn? What habbits would we be forced to recognize and change internally?

I don’t believe it’s God’s job to be our police officer; he's instead guiding us on our personal growth.

And again, it's all relative! We're living in a relative paradise compared to the folks in Medieval Europe, where 99% were poor and would die of disease or some other violent means by 40.

Yet we still complain... See where I'm getting at?

I understand if God is too busy to swoop in and save EVERY child every time.....

:dunno: How about once?​

How do you know he hasn't swooped in at least once? Kids are saved from horrible fates/situations every day.

Forum List

Back