One quarter of voters dislike both candidates.

pknopp

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2019
It would be great if they would actually vote and not for either of the two main candidates.

Sadly many will likely just stay home. I don't think Kennedy can get people excited. Manchin at one point maybe could have but he also has the age issue to drag him down.

A quarter of Americans hold unfavorable views of both President Biden and former President Trump — the highest share of "double haters" at this stage in any of the last 10 elections, according to new Pew Research data.

https://www.axios.com/2024/06/15/double-haters-biden-trump-favorability

If Trump picked Nikki Haley as VP that might re-stoke my support.

Right now, both candidates are unacceptable.

There is no "lesser" of the evils.
Lol. Haley is a bitch neocon fanatic. If dumb Don picks her, we’ll know once again he’s controlled by the deep state.

I hardly think it a stretch to understand that there is a large segment of people unhappy with both main candidates.
To the 25%, I say: Welcome to the world of adulting. Welcome to exactly what more than 25% of voters think and have always thought. You're just saying it out loud.

Good for you.

Now grow up and hold your nose and vote like an adult.

The party that breaks the 'old gang' hold first, will win the next three presidential elections.
Which is typical, shallow, uninformed behavior we expect from American voters.

Thinking, informed voters understand that they are not just voting for one man. That the President himself is a small, ineffectual factor, compared to: the entire Cabinet, the judges they appoint, etc.

Maybe someone should get these people in a room and explain the stark differences in results in these areas between what we got from 2017-2021 and what we would have gotten instead, had Hillary been elected.

Then do the same thing with Biden's term.

Help them understand that they are not just voting for a King.

Which is typical, shallow, uninformed behavior we expect from American voters.

Thinking, informed voters understand that they are not just voting for one man. That the President himself is a small, ineffectual factor, compared to: the entire Cabinet, the judges they appoint, etc.

Maybe someone should get these people in a room and explain the stark differences in results in these areas between what we got from 2017-2021 and what we would have gotten instead, had Hillary been elected.

Then do the same thing with Biden's term.

Help them understand that they are not just voting for a King.

Democrats were told that the people didn't want Hillary but the party said "Eff you" you are getting Hillary.

And you wonder why people are walking away.

It would be great if they would actually vote and not for either of the two main candidates.

Sadly many will likely just stay home. I don't think Kennedy can get people excited. Manchin at one point maybe could have but he also has the age issue to drag him down.

A quarter of Americans hold unfavorable views of both President Biden and former President Trump — the highest share of "double haters" at this stage in any of the last 10 elections, according to new Pew Research data.

https://www.axios.com/2024/06/15/double-haters-biden-trump-favorability
Good, they can stay home.

Democrats were told that the people didn't want Hillary but the party said "Eff you" you are getting Hillary.
No, the primary voters gave us Hillary as a candudate. I'm not going to give any time to Bernie Sanders's delusions of having the nomination "stolen" from him. It's absurdity.

Just as the primary voters gave us Trump and Biden in 2024. Why? Because people want to bet on a horse that they think can actually win. So they don't end up voting for their "Fairy Princess", who isn't on the ballot anyway. They hold their noses and vote for the person they think can win the general election.

People are walking away? 2020: highest participation rate since 1900. 2022: highest participation rate for a midterm since 1914.

No, the primary voters gave us Hillary as a candudate. I'm not going to give any time to Bernie Sanders's delusions of having the nomination "stolen" from him. It's absurdity.

Hillary lost Michigan and Wisconsin to Sanders. She then inconceivably lost both to Trump.

Just as the primary voters gave us Trump and Biden in 2024. Why? Because people want to bet on a horse that they think can actually win. So they don't end up voting for their "Fairy Princess", who isn't on the ballot anyway. They hold their noses and vote for the person they think can win the general election.

People are walking away? 2020: highest participation rate since 1900. 2022: highest participation rate for a midterm since 1914.

People are again saying they don't want Biden. If you Democrats lose, it will be your own fault once again.

Not too hard to do when you cheat.

I went that route in 1980, 1984, 1996, 2000, 2004, 2008, and 2016. Sometime around 2018 somebody here posted that a vote not going to one of the two major party candidates was simply a wasted vote. After my experience of voting against major party presidential nominees in 7 out of 12 elections, I couldn't disagree.

Then and there it struck me that enough was enough and in election matters in which I couldn't support either candidate, I'll no longer be aggravated by the choices and instead leave it up to the wife. Thus making one of us happy at least.

Hillary lost Michigan and Wisconsin to Sanders. She then inconceivably lost both to Trump.
Not inconceivable... the polling predicted it, as well as polling can predict anything.

People are again saying they don't want Biden
*or Trump

Yes, I get it. They are just saying out loud what peope have thought for decades, to one degree or another.

Maybe they should have voted in the primary instead of sitting on their asses and whining...? I don't know what to tell them.

I went that route in 1980, 1984, 1996, 2000, 2004, 2008, and 2016. Sometime around 2018 somebody here posted that a vote not going to one of the two major party candidates was simply a wasted vote. After my experience of voting against major party presidential nominees in 7 out of 12 elections, I couldn't disagree.

Then and there it struck me that enough was enough and in election matters in which I couldn't support either candidate, I'll no longer be aggravated by the choices and instead leave it up to the wife. Thus making one of us happy at least.

Whatever works for you..

Not inconceivable... the polling predicted it, as well as polling can predict anything.

*or Trump

Yes, I get it. They are just saying out loud what peope have thought for decades, to one degree or another.

Maybe they should have voted in the primary instead of sitting on their asses and whining...? I don't know what to tell them.

People are saying it and the parties are ignoring it.

Forum List

Back