Only A 'Fake President' Would Call The Press an Enemy

Joe Scarborough finally grew a pair and was no longer afraid to call out the president on his own terms. I am sure we'll be seeing this more and more as people realize that he can't start a street fight with each and every one. Trumpty Dumpties days as a bully are coming to a close.

MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough on Friday blasted President Trump's tweet about the media, calling the the commander-in-chief a "fake president" for attacking the press.

"Only a FAKE PRESIDENT would declare the First Amendment to be the enemy of the American people," Scarborough tweeted.

Only a FAKE PRESIDENT would declare the First Amendment to be the enemy of the American people. Donald J. Trump on Twitter
— Joe Scarborough (@JoeNBC) February 17, 2017

Minutes earlier, Trump berated the "fake news media," tweeting that the press "is the enemy of the American People."

-snip-

Read more: Scarborough: Only a 'fake president' would call press the enemy
You'd have to be pretty fucking stupid to believe the mainstream corporate controlled news and entertainment media has any credibility left.

Joe Scarborough finally grew a pair and was no longer afraid to call out the president on his own terms. I am sure we'll be seeing this more and more as people realize that he can't start a street fight with each and every one. Trumpty Dumpties days as a bully are coming to a close.

MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough on Friday blasted President Trump's tweet about the media, calling the the commander-in-chief a "fake president" for attacking the press.

"Only a FAKE PRESIDENT would declare the First Amendment to be the enemy of the American people," Scarborough tweeted.

Only a FAKE PRESIDENT would declare the First Amendment to be the enemy of the American people. Donald J. Trump on Twitter

Minutes earlier, Trump berated the "fake news media," tweeting that the press "is the enemy of the American People."

-snip-

Trump thinks the press has an obligation to prop HIM up.

No, he doesn't.

Yes he does. He claimed that anything negative in the press about him is fake news.

He explicitly stated in his press conference that that is not the case.

Trump explicitly lies on what is an almost daily basis.

He keeps a lot of what you lefties said was lies.

He signed the travel ban and is going to try again, despite that fascist judge.

Not a centrist. Not defending Trump.

But thank you for being you. The little binary worlds of wingers are always a fascinating study.

So I have to drag it out of you that you were wrong to say that Trump only points out media bias,

implying he's the good guy here? Because that's what you said.
"Implying" being the key word, based on your personal perception, warped and distorted as it is by hardcore partisan ideology.

Please find a right winger and play with them. Your binary thought processes are beyond tedious.

But thank you for being you. The little binary worlds of wingers are always a fascinating study.

So I have to drag it out of you that you were wrong to say that Trump only points out media bias,

"Implying" being the key word, based on your personal perception, warped and distorted as it is by hardcore partisan ideology.

Please find a right winger and play with them. Your binary thought processes are beyond tedious.

You're running away from what you said:

"The media continues to ignore the fact that they're even lower than Trump in approvals.

The national press stopped being reporters and have become thinly-veiled advocates, and it happened before Trump got here.

He's just pointing at it."

That is obviously a shot at the media and a defense of Trump.

Of course it was shot at the media, and that was the point. Good!

Trump was merely the tool, as it were, used to make the point.

Now that we have that figured out, there's no reason to continue.

The media has no obligation to be objective towards Trump. This country was founded in the midst of biased media. Most media is OPINION anyway. Opinion is what freedom of the press is all about.

btw, both Trump and the media's trustworthiness are in the 30's in the polls. That's hardly a case for Trump claiming any high ground, or you claiming it for him.

So, if the media is completely biased, and will NOT report honestly, that is something we need to keep in mind ever time they say anything.

And deserve nothing but derision if they ask to be trusted on anything.

"The media continues to ignore the fact that they're even lower than Trump in approvals.

The national press stopped being reporters and have become thinly-veiled advocates, and it happened before Trump got here.

The media has no obligation to be objective towards Trump. This country was founded in the midst of biased media. Most media is OPINION anyway. Opinion is what freedom of the press is all about.

btw, both Trump and the media's trustworthiness are in the 30's in the polls. That's hardly a case for Trump claiming any high ground, or you claiming it for him.
Claim the moral high ground for him?

Good gawd. There's just no reason for me to communicate with you, because you're just going to distort my words.

Tell you what: Let's make this easy.

I, Mac1958, hereby give NYcarbineer the authority to use the following template in USMB threads so that he can just make up convenient shit about my opinions as he feels the need:

"My opinion on _____________________ is that __________________________ and _________________, but mostly _____________________________ and definitely not _____________ or _______________, except when _________________________. Overall, though, for sure I think that ___________________________________________."

There. Run with it.

That guy is a fucking idiot. He has parroted fake news. You can tell by his insecurity

I agree, Trump is the biggest idiot on the planet and no president would ever make an enemy of the press.
The so called journalists at CNN, MSNBC, New York Times, and the Washington Post shouldn't consider themselves reporters. They are repeaters. Any stenographer could do their jobs.

So, if the media is completely biased, and will NOT report honestly, that is something we need to keep in mind ever time they say anything.

And deserve nothing but derision if they ask to be trusted on anything.

The media is composed of two components, news and opinion.

It's not the job of the opinion component of the media to PRETEND it agrees with Trump.

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." --George Orwell, 1984

A better description of the media, democrats, and an alarming number of republicans cannot be found.

Props.

Trump believes he's entitled to favorable treatment in the media. He believes the media should have as high an opinion of him as he has of himself.

Good gawd. There's just no reason for me to communicate with you, because you're just going to distort my words.

I, Mac1958, hereby give NYcarbineer the authority to use the following template in USMB threads so that he can just make up convenient shit about my opinions as he feels the need:

"My opinion on _____________________ is that __________________________ and _________________, but mostly _____________________________ and definitely not _____________ or _______________, except when _________________________. Overall, though, for sure I think that ___________________________________________."

There. Run with it.

Getting upset there?

There. Run with it.

Getting upset there?
Just bored.

Please use the template, thanks.

The press is the enemy of the people. Long ago what they are doing was called yellow journalism. It wasn't tolerated then. It should not be tolerated now.
CNN and MSNBC aren't profitable, they don't make any money for their parent corporations. So why do they still exist? The answer seems pretty clear: The sole purpose of these so called news agencies is corporate control of information. The same corporations that have lobbyists and lawyers to write our laws for us.

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." --George Orwell, 1984

A better description of the media, democrats, and an alarming number of republicans cannot be found.

Props.

Says the party that looked the other way when he appointed a white nationalist as his chief strategist, looked the other way when he entertained three Indian businessmen about privately enriching himself the first week of his presidency, looked the other way when he appointed someone with no educational experience to be Secretary of Education but was a major campaign contributor, looked the other way when he poked a stick in China's eye by talking to the Taiwanese president, looked the other way when he lied about saving American jobs going to Mexico when it was a tax break that assured all the jobs would be lost anyway, looked the other way when he publicly condemned a company that dropped his daughter's clothing line, looked the other way when he criticized a defense contractor causing a $550 million stock drop, looked the other way when he said he knew more than the general's about ISIS then screwed up an operation that took the life of a Navy SEAL.

There's dozens of these crazy things that Trump has done that the right doesn't consider. It is time for you to open your eyes and ears and consider the facts.

-snip-

You'd have to be pretty fucking stupid to believe the mainstream corporate controlled news and entertainment media has any credibility left.

They're totally credible as far as the moonbats are concerned, which should tell you a lot.

Says the party that looked the other way when he appointed a white nationalist as his chief strategist, looked the other way when he entertained three Indian businessmen about privately enriching himself the first week of his presidency, looked the other way when he appointed someone with no educational experience to be Secretary of Education but was a major campaign contributor, looked the other way when he poked a stick in China's eye by talking to the Taiwanese president, looked the other way when he lied about saving American jobs going to Mexico when it was a tax break that assured all the jobs would be lost anyway, looked the other way when he publicly condemned a company that dropped his daughter's clothing line, looked the other way when he criticized a defense contractor causing a $550 million stock drop, looked the other way when he said he knew more than the general's about ISIS then screwed up an operation that took the life of a Navy SEAL.

There's dozens of these crazy things that Trump has done that the right doesn't consider. It is time for you to open your eyes and ears and consider the facts.
I'm not a republican, pinko ninny.

Helpful hint: just because someone ridicules "us" doesn't automatically make that person one of "them".

Forum List

Back