Only Black Senator Not Invited to March on Washington

Wondering what someone would say (guess we'll never know since he wasn't in town for the event) is NOT the same as Parsing.

parse
pärs/
verb
gerund or present participle: parsing

analyze (a sentence) into its parts and describe their syntactic roles

:rolleyes:

I know. Sometimes actual word definitions can be inconvenient things.

in·ane
[ih-neyn] Show IPA
adjective
lacking sense, significance, or ideas; silly: inane questions.
empty; void.
noun
something that is empty or void, especially the void of infinite space.
Origin:
1655–65; < Latin in&#257;nis

Related forms
in·ane·ly, adverb

Synonyms
1. pointless. See foolish.

why wasn't he asked to speak straight away? cart, horse....horse, cart.

Again, why would he be singled out to speak? Did he know MLK Jr. like Rep. Lewis did?

did bill clinton? or randi weingarten? or janet murguia, the president of La Raza?

did you watch that link by the way? the c-span one?

So...this is Speaker envy?
Bill Clinton is a former President you know.
Randi Weingarten is a Labor Leader....MLK Jr was heavily involved in unions and workers' rights.
Janet Murguia is a minority political activist.
But all that comes to naught if any of them had declined the invite to come because they were going to be ELSEWHERE.

in·ane
[ih-neyn] Show IPA
adjective
empty; void.
noun
Origin:

Related forms
in·ane·ly, adverb

Synonyms

Very nice form. :D

in·ane
[ih-neyn] Show IPA
adjective
empty; void.
noun
Origin:

Related forms
in·ane·ly, adverb

Synonyms

Very nice form. :D

you get what you pay for.

Oh, I figured you'd spell check me:eusa_eh:....'tacking'...

change tack also try a different tack
to start using a different method for dealing with a situation, especially in the way that you communicate I've been very pleasant with them so far but if they don't cooperate, I may have to change tack. Instead of always asking him what he wants, why don't you try a different tack and tell him what you want?
See also: change, tack

Cambridge Idioms Dictionary, 2nd ed. Copyright © Cambridge University Press 2006. Reproduced with permission.

change tack - Idioms - by the Free Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Ah...I never would have guessed that was the word you were reaching for. :D

Again, why would he be singled out to speak? Did he know MLK Jr. like Rep. Lewis did?

did bill clinton? or randi weingarten? or janet murguia, the president of La Raza?

Randi Weingarten is a Labor Leader....MLK Jr was heavily involved in unions and workers' rights.
But all that comes to naught if any of them had declined the invite to come because they were going to be ELSEWHERE.

you created the benchmark, did they know him?

Sorry Republicans, But Sen. Tim Scott Was Invited To the March On Washington

The latest in Republican false meme creation began when ABC “Benghazi emails” News reported, “The only African American serving in the Senate, Republican Tim Scott, wasn’t invited to partake in the festivities today, a spokesman confirmed to ABC News.” This statement was also reported by the Newscorp owned Wall Street Journal, which was then quoted by The Washington Post.

But according to the event organizers, this isn’t true. Roll Call broke with the mainstream media tradition of taking a Republican’s word for it by actually asking the organizers of the event if Republicans were invited. In an email statement, a spokesperson for the event said, “This was truly a bipartisan outreach effort…All members of congress were invited to attend and the Republican leadership was invited to speak. Majority Leader Eric Cantor’s office was very helpful in trying to find someone to speak at the event. Making this commemoration bi-partisan was especially important to members of the King family, too.”

Typical crap. Cherry pick paragraphs. No mention that Cantors invite was an afterthought 12 days before the event after he had already committed to other events, albeit, non official.

You guys are so fucking hell bent on painting the GOP as a bunch of racists, you refuse to see what the fuck is happening around you.

Yea because 12 days is not nearly enough time for Republicans to think up something to say. In fact, with an event like this, 12 years isn't enough time.

I created the benchmark for Congresscritters. But it's really all a moot point because they accepted invites. The Senator declined....letting them know he would be out of state.

Yes. That's what happens when you accept an invite....see?

an invite to speak? absolutely.

I don't invite people to speak if they've already indicated they won't be in town......I know.....I know....I'm funny that way.

and you don't invite people to attend as a spectator, if you want them to speak, you invite them to speak......again horse cart, cart horse.

It really did not look good for all those Republicans to decline invites. (Tho I totally understand the reasoning behind the Bushes not coming....I wish good health and recovery to them both)

Correct.

MLK was as much a labor leader as he was a civil rights leader.

From that Liberal Bloomberg:
King Was Really a Labor Leader, Too

an invite to speak? absolutely.

I don't invite people to speak if they've already indicated they won't be in town......I know.....I know....I'm funny that way.

and you don't invite people to attend as a spectator, if you want them to speak, you invite them to speak......again horse cart, cart horse.

I usually find out if they are available to COME first. You know? But I hope you are not saying the good Senator was being less than honest when he said he had a previous engagement in SC.

I created the benchmark for Congresscritters. But it's really all a moot point because they accepted invites. The Senator declined....letting them know he would be out of state.

:lol: please huh......:rolleyes:

It may just be me....but if I am a prominent member of a minority and they are about to have this huge shindig for the 50th anniversary of a key moment in that minority's history.....in the town I work in. I'd have my calendar clear for that event whether I got an invite or not. Just sayin'

Forum List

Back