Only Black Senator Not Invited to March on Washington

Wait....you had to be invited? What did the invitation look like? Was it on special paper? Did you have to RSVP?

THE ONLY BLACK SENATOR WAS NOT INVITED TO SPEAK BECAUSE HE WAS A REPUBLICAN. got it now?

You don't need to yell. He was invited but told them he was otherwise engaged. So....it seems your yelling was for naught.

BTW...Republican leaders, past and present were invited to speak but declined. Both former presidents Bush declined for health reasons, Speaker Boehner also declined due to scheduling conflicts. They are Republicans, Willow.

provide a link to the invitations or it's all liberal blather.

I don't invite people to speak if they've already indicated they won't be in town......I know.....I know....I'm funny that way.

and you don't invite people to attend as a spectator, if you want them to speak, you invite them to speak......again horse cart, cart horse.

I usually find out if they are available to COME first. You know? But I hope you are not saying the good Senator was being less than honest when he said he had a previous engagement in SC.

I send an invite asking someone to what I want them to do, if I want them to attend I ask 'can you attend' , if I want them to speak, as I am organizing an event with tons of speakers I ask them if they would like to or can speak. Is there a reason to beat around the bush? :eusa_eh:

then you ask them to speak after they have told you they cannot 'attend'....really? did they? at the same time? if they asked that at the same time, as the links said, he would have changed his plans....

But I hope you are not saying the good Senator was being less than honest when he said he had a previous engagement in SC.

I have no idea where you got that....

THE ONLY BLACK SENATOR WAS NOT INVITED TO SPEAK BECAUSE HE WAS A REPUBLICAN. got it now?

You don't need to yell. He was invited but told them he was otherwise engaged. So....it seems your yelling was for naught.

BTW...Republican leaders, past and present were invited to speak but declined. Both former presidents Bush declined for health reasons, Speaker Boehner also declined due to scheduling conflicts. They are Republicans, Willow.

Here's a link to the post where it has already been provided in this very thread:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/7757889-post95.html

and you don't invite people to attend as a spectator, if you want them to speak, you invite them to speak......again horse cart, cart horse.

I usually find out if they are available to COME first. You know? But I hope you are not saying the good Senator was being less than honest when he said he had a previous engagement in SC.

I send an invite asking someone to what I want them to do, if I want them to attend I ask 'can you attend' , if I want them to speak, as I am organizing an event with tons of speakers I ask them if they would like to or can speak. Is there a reason to beat around the bush? :eusa_eh:

then you ask them to speak after they have told you they cannot 'attend'....really? did they? at the same time? if they asked that at the same time, as the links said, he would have changed his plans....

But I hope you are not saying the good Senator was being less than honest when he said he had a previous engagement in SC.

I have no idea where you got that....

Then good....you are not saying that then.

O'Riled JUST apologized for being wrong on stating that no Republicans were invited. He just stated that after checking the facts, most were invited and they declined.

He saved the apology for the absolute last thing on the show.

Whereas, Rachel Maddow starts off her show with an apology whenever she gets something wrong.

What do the likes of WillowTree have to say now?

Here's a link to the post where it has already been provided in this very thread:

Willow's havin a grand old time discussing race :eusa_whistle:

I watch O'Riled Up, and Rachel Maddow's show daily. Usually. I definitely watch Al Sharpton's show everyday. I switch from FOXNEWS the instant Hannity's sleazy mug comes on, I sometimes watch the retard Greta bumble, fumble and mumble through her hag show.

A source connected to the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington said Sen. Tim Scott (R-SC), the only sitting black senator, was not invited to speak at the event because his office had declined an invitation to attend the commemoration as a spectator, Roll Call reported.

Tim Scott Declined Invitation To Attend MLK Event As Spectator | TPM LiveWire

Republican Party officials reached out to organizers of this week’s March on Washington commemoration with a series of suggestions for possible GOP speakers, but several of the people they recommended were never contacted with invitations to speak, according to Republican National Committee officials.

Miscommunication and lack of coordination appear to have played a role in at least some of the invites not going out to Republican office-holders. Event organizers say they assumed Sen. Tim Scott, R-S.C., couldn’t attend, based on a failure to RSVP to an earlier, more general invitation. But his office says he was never actually invited to speak, and he may have been able to attend if he was formally invited.

More than half a dozen different prominent Republicans were invited to speak, but several of the invitations went out quite late in the planning. All sent their regrets.

Regardless of the motivations, the result was that an ostensibly non-partisan program on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial took on a political edge. Heated comments on affirmative action, gun rights, and racial discrimination in law enforcement echoed from the podium, with none of the 30-plus speakers – a list that included all three living Democratic presidents — representing a Republican point of view.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...d-suggestions/

yes thx.

All members of congress were invited to attend and the Republican leadership was invited to speak.

:lol: Of course, we all know that you're not a real black person unless you're a Democrat. Just one more example of why we don't need to take these fools seriously about anything they say or want.

Nation?s only black Senator not invited to speak at March on Washington
If that's true someone really dropped the ball on that one.
This was my first post in this thread.

My thought process went like this...

1. I really didn't believe it outright.
2. I checked the source
3. It was an unknown source
4. It was a RW or RW leaning source
5. I checked the author
6. Noticed the author was a black female
7. I thought, hmm females don't typically lie in the media
8. I thought black females typically don't lie in the media
9. I gave it the benefit of the doubt, with doubts in my mind
10. I didn't want to be a reactionary LWer

Then I made that response stating that IF that's true someone dropped the ball.
My goal was to be fair.

Now that the truth has come up here's what's the final analysis
1. That source is totally discredited (unless they issue an apology and/or pull the article)
2. That author is totally discredited (unless she issues...well, she knew she was lying, so she has no excuse)
3. The OP is discredited
4. Those who are STILL peddling the message of the OP is totally discredited.
5. My assumptions were right, my motives were right, and I'm glad I was wrong.

What did you guys learn from this thread?

A source connected to the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington said Sen. Tim Scott (R-SC), the only sitting black senator, was not invited to speak at the event because his office had declined an invitation to attend the commemoration as a spectator, Roll Call reported.

Tim Scott Declined Invitation To Attend MLK Event As Spectator | TPM LiveWire

Republican Party officials reached out to organizers of this week’s March on Washington commemoration with a series of suggestions for possible GOP speakers, but several of the people they recommended were never contacted with invitations to speak, according to Republican National Committee officials.

Miscommunication and lack of coordination appear to have played a role in at least some of the invites not going out to Republican office-holders. Event organizers say they assumed Sen. Tim Scott, R-S.C., couldn’t attend, based on a failure to RSVP to an earlier, more general invitation. But his office says he was never actually invited to speak, and he may have been able to attend if he was formally invited.

More than half a dozen different prominent Republicans were invited to speak, but several of the invitations went out quite late in the planning. All sent their regrets.

Regardless of the motivations, the result was that an ostensibly non-partisan program on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial took on a political edge. Heated comments on affirmative action, gun rights, and racial discrimination in law enforcement echoed from the podium, with none of the 30-plus speakers – a list that included all three living Democratic presidents — representing a Republican point of view.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...d-suggestions/

I feel so sorry for the Republicans

They were obviously so enthusiastic about attending. I am sure they will take advantage of other opportunities to show the black community how much the party appreciates them

I feel so sorry for the Republicans

They were obviously so enthusiastic about attending. I am sure they will take advantage of other opportunities to show the black community how much the party appreciates them

Kos-129-teaser.jpg

LOL!!!

The USMB RWers never surprise me.

I knew they'd just slink away into silence after being ABSOLUTELY and TOTALLY wrong about an issue they were JUST arguing about ADAMANTLY.

Not ONE apology.

Not even ONE, "well, I guess I was wrong."

Don't expect it.

And you can bet your bottom dollar that not one will say a disparaging word against the OP or even the OP source.

Watch...

:lol:
lol

“Thank you for extending to Senator Tim Scott the invitation to the 50th Anniversary of the March on Washington on August 28th. Unfortunately, the Senator will be in South Carolina during this time, so he will be unable to attend the event. Please do, however, keep him in mind for future events you may be hosting.”
Tim Scott Declined Invite to Attend MLK March as Spectator | The World's Greatest Deliberative Body

Sigh....

GOP Official: March on Washington Organizers Ignored Suggestions - ABC News

Forum List

Back