Only Black Senator Not Invited to March on Washington

I'm saying that this event has been on the calendar for 50 years!

If Senator Scott was interested in participating, his Senate staff would have made the arrangements. United States Senators have highly competent, top-notch staffs. Don't try to tell me that this crept up on him.

It's already been shown that everyone in Congress was invited. He turned that down. If he felt that he deserved special consideration because he's Black (a weird thing for a Republican to argue), then he could have voiced that concern. He did not. His staff did not.

wait wait wait...
If he felt that he deserved special consideration because he's Black (a weird thing for a Republican to argue)
you're going to play that card? seriously?:lol: from a party that celebrates every single democratic black, woman, gay, hispanic etc etc etc who attains any kind of status?

he should not have had to ask, everyone from la raza to the NEA president to the first black DC dog catcher got a slot;).........please huh. :rolleyes:

I'm not playing any card.

I'm pointing out that it would be a weird thing for Republicans to argue.

Oh, so they aren't supposed to feel special, have pride, or fortunate, only democrat blacks are. I can see why you'd feel that way becasue as I said, any woman, gay Hispanic black who gains some status, already has a place at the special Big table...if you're a con. black, well, you shouldn't feel special on a day like that especially....I mean for god sakes.

wait wait wait...

you're going to play that card? seriously?:lol: from a party that celebrates every single democratic black, woman, gay, hispanic etc etc etc who attains any kind of status?

he should not have had to ask, everyone from la raza to the NEA president to the first black DC dog catcher got a slot;).........please huh. :rolleyes:

How many Congressmen, Black or Otherwise, were invited to speak?

I have no idea......

I know Rep Lewis was asked to speak because he was there in 1963.

Statist libs are all about parsing, nuance...it's how they rule their lives. Lives in shades of gray, where nothing is certain, black, or white. Truth for them is a hard pill to swallow.

I am CERTAIN, that if I invited someone to an event and they sent regrets, stating they were going to be out of state at that time, I would NOT waste my time then asking them to speak at that event. I know they cannot make it..........so...how is that parsing?

why wasn't he asked to speak straight away? cart, horse....horse, cart.

Again, why would he be singled out to speak? Did he know MLK Jr. like Rep. Lewis did?

wait wait wait...

Oh, so they aren't supposed to feel special, have pride, or fortunate, only democrat blacks are. I can see why you'd feel that way becasue as I said, any woman, gay Hispanic black who gains some status, already has a place at the special Big table...if you're a con. black, well, you shouldn't feel special on a day like that especially....I mean for god sakes.
He should feel pride. Especially being appointed from South Carolina. But I am curious as to what insight he would have provided to this event.

I am CERTAIN, that if I invited someone to an event and they sent regrets, stating they were going to be out of state at that time, I would NOT waste my time then asking them to speak at that event. I know they cannot make it..........so...how is that parsing?

Again, why would he be singled out to speak? Did he know MLK Jr. like Rep. Lewis did?

did bill clinton? or randi weingarten? or janet murguia, the president of La Raza?

did you watch that link by the way? the c-span one?

:lol: Of course, we all know that you're not a real black person unless you're a Democrat. Just one more example of why we don't need to take these fools seriously about anything they say or want.

Nation?s only black Senator not invited to speak at March on Washington

Wait....you had to be invited? What did the invitation look like? Was it on special paper? Did you have to RSVP?

THE ONLY BLACK SENATOR WAS NOT INVITED TO SPEAK BECAUSE HE WAS A REPUBLICAN. got it now?

:lol: Of course, we all know that you're not a real black person unless you're a Democrat. Just one more example of why we don't need to take these fools seriously about anything they say or want.

Wait....you had to be invited? What did the invitation look like? Was it on special paper? Did you have to RSVP?

THE ONLY BLACK SENATOR WAS NOT INVITED TO SPEAK BECAUSE HE WAS A REPUBLICAN. got it now?

You don't need to yell. He was invited but told them he was otherwise engaged. So....it seems your yelling was for naught.

BTW...Republican leaders, past and present were invited to speak but declined. Both former presidents Bush declined for health reasons, Speaker Boehner also declined due to scheduling conflicts. They are Republicans, Willow.

Last edited:

You don't need to yell. He was invited but told them he was otherwise engaged. So....it seems your yelling was for naught.

you are conflating 'invite' with speaker status......

He should feel pride. Especially being appointed from South Carolina. But I am curious as to what insight he would have provided to this event.

:eusa_eh:so now we are down to parsing what he would have said?

Wondering what someone would say (guess we'll never know since he wasn't in town for the event) is NOT the same as Parsing.

parse
pärs/
verb
gerund or present participle: parsing

analyze (a sentence) into its parts and describe their syntactic roles

Statist libs are all about parsing, nuance...it's how they rule their lives. Lives in shades of gray, where nothing is certain, black, or white. Truth for them is a hard pill to swallow.

Not at all. But this latest faux outrage IS a fun one to play with. :D

ah, so you're tacikng now....*shrugs*

I don't play at faux outrage, as;

a) I am not outraged as, I am not really surprised especially now after the event has taken place,
b) I could always be wrong, the organizers could very well surface an e mail showing he was offered a speaking slot straight up and he said no, then I would be wrong. I don't take it as a given that I know everything or cannot be wrong.....:eusa_whistle:

Wondering what someone would say (guess we'll never know since he wasn't in town for the event) is NOT the same as Parsing.

parse
pärs/
verb

:rolleyes:

Not at all. But this latest faux outrage IS a fun one to play with. :D

ah, so you're tacikng now....*shrugs*

I don't play at faux outrage, as;

a) I am not outraged as, I am not really surprised especially now after the event has taken place,
b) I could always be wrong, the organizers could very well surface an e mail showing he was offered a speaking slot straight up and he said no, then I would be wrong. I don't take it as a given that I know everything or cannot be wrong.....:eusa_whistle:

I'm what now? :confused:

parse
pärs/
verb

:rolleyes:

I know. Sometimes actual word definitions can be inconvenient things.

one of your people? Meh, whats the BFD?

Oh, I figured you'd spell check me:eusa_eh:....'tacking'...

change tack also try a different tack
to start using a different method for dealing with a situation, especially in the way that you communicate I've been very pleasant with them so far but if they don't cooperate, I may have to change tack. Instead of always asking him what he wants, why don't you try a different tack and tell him what you want?
See also: change, tack

Cambridge Idioms Dictionary, 2nd ed. Copyright © Cambridge University Press 2006. Reproduced with permission.

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/change+tack

Forum List

Back