Open Carry will lead to wild west shoot outs

Tennessee has had open carry for over 20 years. No shoot outs.

Every time people want to liberalize gun laws the antis claim there will be shoot outs and blood in the street etc. It never happens. Never. Because people who carry a gun are generally responsible people. Responsible people act responsibly. The problem is thugs. And thugs dont respect the law anyway.

And thugs come in all races! Rabbi, I just had to throw that into the mix because some think that the word "thug" is the new "******".

Every time people want to liberalize gun laws the antis claim there will be shoot outs and blood in the street etc. It never happens. Never. Because people who carry a gun are generally responsible people. Responsible people act responsibly. The problem is thugs. And thugs dont respect the law anyway.

And thugs come in all races! Rabbi, I just had to throw that into the mix because some think that the word "thug" is the new "******".

I wonder if you grasp how saying shit like that makes you come off like an enormous passive aggressive pussy? Do you?

I wonder if you grasp how saying shit like that makes you come off like an enormous passive aggressive pussy? Do you?
Huh? You realize comments like that make you even less believable, right?

Huh? You realize comments like that make you even less believable, right?

Dude......this is how it is with you.

What you believe is so often not factual....that if you were to say that you believe something I said, I would have to reconsider my comments.

It is hardly possible for a person to be more wrong about so much.......than you.

Being the "baby" of my family (youngest), being a passive aggressive pussy was a much better strategy than being an asshole. And yes, the shit you post makes you come across as an asshole.

And, having said that I wish you and your loved ones a very happy Mother's Day.

U
I suspect some pro-gun folks long for "wild west shoot outs".

There weren't all that many shoot outs in the old west. Most towns had gun restrictions. When you came into town, you had to check in your guns at the sheriff's office. If you did not, they would arrest you.

Even back then they knew it was bad to have a bunch of people walking around with guns.

None yet. The idea is to avoid them before they happen. Why carry a gun if you have never been attacked?

Um, the idea is to avoid it before it happens.
Do you carry a spare tire in your car? Why carry one if you've never had a flat?

I think most people have had a flat tire. I have.

Being the "baby" of my family (youngest), being a passive aggressive pussy was a much better strategy than being an asshole. And yes, the shit you post makes you come across as an asshole.

And, having said that I wish you and your loved ones a very happy Mother's Day.

Interesting. I am also the youngest. And my siblings were no picnic. Funny how different people react differently to similar circumstances.

None yet. The idea is to avoid them before they happen. Why carry a gun if you have never been attacked?

Do you carry a spare tire in your car? Why carry one if you've never had a flat?

The rabbi thinks the chances of you being attacked by an armed thug in America are equal to the chances that you will get a flat tire. Good thing he's always so fucking wrong.

The rabbi thinks the chances of you being attacked by an armed thug in America are equal to the chances that you will get a flat tire. Good thing he's always so fucking wrong.

Does this mean that trying to shoot my lug nuts off won't work?

And hell, Rabbit has never had a flat tire. Rabbits can't drive.

The so called wild west is a myth

The Culture of Violence in the American West: Myth versus Reality: The Independent Review: The Independent Institute

In contrast, an alternative literature based on actual history concludes that the civil society of the American West in the nineteenth century was not very violent. Eugene Hollon writes that the western frontier “was a far more civilized, more peaceful and safer place than American society today” (1974, x). Terry Anderson and P. J. Hill affirm that although “[t]he West . . . is perceived as a place of great chaos, with little respect for property or life,” their research “indicates that this was not the case; property rights were protected and civil order prevailed. Private agencies provided the necessary basis for an orderly society in which property was protected and conflicts were resolved” (1979, 10).

Forum List

Back