Open Carry will lead to wild west shoot outs

Care to offer proof that all town required people to check their guns?

He saw it in a movie. Wyatt Earp, actually I think was the name of it.
Liberals get their "facts" from movies, cartoons and TV shows.

It was mentioned earlier in this thread, a thread where you have already shown your weakness in reading comprehension.

Translation: I saw it in two movies, not just Wyatt Earp so there!

About 2% of the population in any state with a shall issue permit scheme actually have permits.

As usual, your low information has led you to post nonsense.

Permits for concealed guns: Utah hits 500K - The Salt Lake ...
www.sltrib.com/.../utah-permits-permit-gun.html.c...*
The Salt Lake Tribune
Dec 7, 2013 - Utah just crossed a big threshold for a small state with just 2.86 million residents: ... The split is now 62 percent to 38 percent, says Alice Moffat, director of the Utah ... Curt Oda, R-Clearfield, a concealed-carry-permit instructor.

Can't you use Google either? Or is it just better to make shit up? Maybe revise your 2% number. Or not.

We have many incidents of people being shot it restaurants, movie theaters, schools and shopping malls

Open carry just makes it easier
Link?

You need a link to shootings in restaurants, movie theaters, schools and shopping malls?

You must be conservative

We have many incidents of people being shot in restaurants, movie theaters, schools and shopping malls

If a would-be shooter knows that he will be shot as soon as he pulls his gun, he will think twice about it. people with guns keep them holstered unless their lives are threatened. I have carried for years and never had to pull it out, hope I never have to, but I know how to use it if it ever becomes necessary.

He saw it in a movie. Wyatt Earp, actually I think was the name of it.
Liberals get their "facts" from movies, cartoons and TV shows.

It was mentioned earlier in this thread, a thread where you have already shown your weakness in reading comprehension.

Translation: I saw it in two movies, not just Wyatt Earp so there!

Translation; I am a stupid fucking rabbit that can't use Google cause it is a Commie plot to take away my guns. So I am not gonna google anything that might conflict with my fantasy.

About 2% of the population in any state with a shall issue permit scheme actually have permits.

The Salt Lake Tribune
Dec 7, 2013 - Utah just crossed a big threshold for a small state with just 2.86 million residents: ... The split is now 62 percent to 38 percent, says Alice Moffat, director of the Utah ... Curt Oda, R-Clearfield, a concealed-carry-permit instructor.

Can't you use Google either? Or is it just better to make shit up? Maybe revise your 2% number. Or not.

1) Your link doesnt work
2) 500k out of 2.86M is 17%
3) 60% of Utah permit holders are actually residents of other states
Concealed Carry FAQ's | Utah Concealed Carry and Ongoing Personal Protection Education and Training

As usual your low information and low intelligence make you look like an idiot.

We have many incidents of people being shot in restaurants, movie theaters, schools and shopping malls

If a would-be shooter knows that he will be shot as soon as he pulls his gun,
he will think twice about it. people with guns keep them holstered unless their lives are threatened. I have carried for years and never had to pull it out, hope I never have to, but I know how to use it if it ever becomes necessary.

Another one of those bad muttafooker gun nutters that surprise doesn't work on. He is so fast that if someone has a gun pointed at his head, he will pull his weapon and shoot that dude before the criminal even knows that he has pulled his gun. Now that's fast.

He watches too many movies.

And you need to learn how to use Google. I just did, typed in gun control wild west.
You would be surprised what comes up. But it doesn't fit with your fantasy. So maybe don't Google.

Even if he did, the willfully ignorant can never be disabused of their beliefs, no matter how probative the evidence.

He watches too many movies.

And you need to learn how to use Google. I just did, typed in gun control wild west.
You would be surprised what comes up. But it doesn't fit with your fantasy. So maybe don't Google.

I googled it and found out that you have VERY. Selective attention, no shocker there. No one is saying that no town ousted guns inside city limits but it is also a lie that all towns did so. Not to mention that the city limits in those days took up a microscopic percentage of the area that was the West, and there is no reason that that would stop the carnage that you liberals think guns cause.

Fact is that the crime rate drops as gun ownership increases.

The Salt Lake Tribune

1) Your link doesnt work
Concealed Carry FAQ's | Utah Concealed Carry and Ongoing Personal Protection Education and Training

And as usual you are to fucking stupid to figure out that the ENTIRE population of Utah is not able to carry a gun. God damn you are dumb. You think 10 year old kids can get a CCW permit? You think 10 year old kids are included in the states population?

How did you get this stupid? Practice practice practice.

Hey, here is an easy one for you. Your claim was 2%. Is 17% (which is the wrong number but we will use it cause you like it) is 17% less than or greater than 2%?

I know this is a tough one. But try hard.

What motivates people to want to carry a gun to pick up a pizza? Is their community that dangerous? Are they paranoid? Do they covet killing a 'bad' guy in their dreams? What is it with this fascination over guns?

Yeah, the Second Amendment states your right to arms cannot be infringed, but when is the responsibility to carry a gun ever discussed? No one carries a gun to buy a pizza or groceries or to have the oil changed in their car. In fact the only reason to carry a gun is to protect themselves or others in the event of .... what? Walking into a bank being robbed? Stopping a teenager from breaking into you car? The Viet Cong landing on your local beach?

Speaking of you freedom to carry, does anyone consider the restrictions? Where do you put it when you go to the beach? There are no gun lockers as there are for LE when entering a jail.
Haveyou ever seen a police officer working a desk who didnt have his gun either on him or immediately in reach? You'd think a police station would be about the safest place around. Why do they need guns?
I mean except the men's room when you're lurking there.

Many agencies require a police officer to have his service weapon on his person at all times, on and off duty (s/he is technically on duty at all times). I understand this has changed in the first agency where I worked; going out to a bar in my 20's with a gun seemed as stupid to me then as it does today.

My grandfather lost three fingers and his typewriter in the police station when a shotgun discharged accidently. Times change and agencies adapt. Fools do not.

I suspect some pro-gun folks long for "wild west shoot outs".

There weren't all that many shoot outs in the old west. Most towns had gun restrictions. When you came into town, you had to check in your guns at the sheriff's office. If you did not, they would arrest you.

"Most towns" can you positively confirm that ? i will not say that is a lie...., at least not until i see some proof, personally i doubt it.

years ago i read many stories of the "Old West" in magazines dedicated to the "Old West", rarely was there a mention of checking guns at the sheriffs office

The Salt Lake Tribune

1) Your link doesnt work

The willfully ignorant can never be disabused of their beliefs, no matter how probative the evidence.

If a would-be shooter knows that he will be shot as soon as he pulls his gun,
he will think twice about it. people with guns keep them holstered unless their lives are threatened. I have carried for years and never had to pull it out, hope I never have to, but I know how to use it if it ever becomes necessary.

Another one of those bad muttafooker gun nutters that surprise doesn't work on. He is so fast that if someone has a gun pointed at his head, he will pull his weapon and shoot that dude before the criminal even knows that he has pulled his gun. Now that's fast.

well, he might get off one shot, but he would be taken down before he killed several people---------thats the point, asshole.

You need a link to shootings in restaurants, movie theaters, schools and shopping malls?

You must be conservative

I think he was asking for you to prove that open carry makes it easier----got a link for that?

Who needs a link?

You want to shoot up a movie theater in Aurora Colorado? Just march right in with your AR-15 and 50 round magazine....nobody can say a word

You want to massacre school children in Newton Mass? Just walk into the school carrying your AR-15 and backpack full of ammunition. It is your second amendment right

That is not easier?

Forum List

Back