Open Marriages

I never understood the reasoning behind these so called marriages. Any man that would agree to this is out of touch with reality. Why get married if you want to bang other people?
And yet you have no issue with Trump’s infidelity?

I never understood the reasoning behind these so called marriages. Any man that would agree to this is out of touch with reality. Why get married if you want to bang other people?
I’ve known several couples with in Open or Poly relationships. I’ve never been involved in any of them, but I’ve known the people.

For the most part it seems like there is something sexual that one of the partners in the original relationship can’t get from their partner. That second partner is trying to allow the first to get their needs met without dissolving the original relationship.

I prefer one person only. With my ex wife we did have a lot of threesomes and most of our married couple friends were swingers but i was not into having sex with friends like that. Call me old fashioned.. 😂😂

I’ve known several couples with in Open or Poly relationships. I’ve never been involved in any of them, but I’ve known the people.

For the most part it seems like there is something sexual that one of the partners in the original relationship can’t get from their partner. That second partner is trying to allow the first to get their needs met without dissolving the original relationship.
Then why be married?

Then why be married?
How about because sex isn’t the only, or even the main consideration in a large percentage of marriages.

In one example the two of them were totally “in love”, but once they found out she would have little to no chance of conceiving a child he lost all interest in sex. He wanted kids. She wasn’t really interested in kids but had a very high sex drive. So he gave her permission to seek sexual gratification outside the marriage under certain conditions.

How about because sex isn’t the only, or even the main consideration in a large percentage of marriages.

In one example the two of them were totally “in love”, but once they found out she would have little to no chance of conceiving a child he lost all interest in sex. He wanted kids. She wasn’t really interested in kids but had a very high sex drive. So he gave her permission to seek sexual gratification outside the marriage under certain conditions.
So that guy was a cuckold.

I agree, I know two couples that had an open marriage and both women got pregnant from another guy and that was the end of the marriage. But to each his/her own.

I agree, I know two couples that had an open marriage and both women got pregnant from another guy and that was the end of the marriage. But to each his/her own.
Open marriages have a 92% failure rate.

So that guy was a cuckold.
He never watched (that I’m aware of); but pretty much. He was an odd bird. I really think he sawed lying her sex with him as a ounishment for denying him kids.

I’ve seen similar arrangements reversing the genders, poly groups and a smorgasbord of other couplings over half century.

I've never participated in any of the craziness but so long as they keep things private and consenting I say let them do what they want.

Forum List

Back