Openly gay Republican seeks to make history in congressional race

Yurt

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2004

The Republican calls it his "Fix Congress First" plan, which focuses on ending what he calls the nauseating practice of passing bills that exempt lawmakers from the rules they've created.

It's a hit with this audience. "They should get no more than what we get," one lady fumed.

The 39-year-old DeMaio is hardly the first person running for Congress on a platform to change Washington. But he could make history.

If elected, DeMaio would be the first openly gay Republican to take over a seat in Congress.

Openly gay Republican seeks to make history in congressional race | Fox News

i would vote for him.

where is your evidence his own party will shred him?

me thinks you're just two ignorant pods of liberalism

There will be detractor in his party,but as sure as shit stinks,it will be the left that is sharping their knives.

The Republican calls it his "Fix Congress First" plan, which focuses on ending what he calls the nauseating practice of passing bills that exempt lawmakers from the rules they've created.

It's a hit with this audience. "They should get no more than what we get," one lady fumed.

The 39-year-old DeMaio is hardly the first person running for Congress on a platform to change Washington. But he could make history.

If elected, DeMaio would be the first openly gay Republican to take over a seat in Congress.

i would vote for him.

I would too - but I think it's a mistake to make his sexuality the main issue.

...focuses on ending what he calls the nauseating practice of passing bills that exempt lawmakers from the rules they've created.

That's his "focus"?

How many laws do you guys think exist that Congress has exempt themselves from?

...focuses on ending what he calls the nauseating practice of passing bills that exempt lawmakers from the rules they've created.

That's his "focus"?

How many laws do you guys think exist that Congress has exempt themselves from?

too many

even 1 would be too many

i would vote for him.

I would too - but I think it's a mistake to make his sexuality the main issue.

i agree. it is an issue because the gop is largely against homosexuals having equal rights. this shows that the gop can indeed embrace homosexuality and still be 'conservative'.

Forum List

Back