CDZ Opinions on worldwide anti-smoking laws..?

peacefan

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2018
Anti-smoking laws in my country (The Netherlands) are going to reach new and incredibly high heights, resulting in my opinion the demonization and economic (slow) strangulation of all smokers who want to remain smokers.

What do people here think of this?

Last edited:
Maybe an example of the laws would be a good idea.

Aside from that if people want to smoke that's their business
In the Netherlands they want to raise the price of tobacco by four-hundred percent or so in less than 18 years from now. And I doubt social- diabilities- and elderly-welfare income level are going to compensate that, let alone to a level that would make these lifestyles more affordable again.

In the Netherlands they want to raise the price of tobacco by four-hundred percent or so in less than 18 years from now. And I doubt social- diabilities- and elderly-welfare income level are going to compensate that, let alone to a level that would make these lifestyles more affordable again.
That does seem draconian.

The black market for tobacco will do well

it's one thing to prohibit smoking in public places and quite another to try to control people's behavior in their own home by taxation
While true, i never really felt 2nd hand smoke to be much of a threat Blues, now some of what i've heard come outta their pieholes.......well.... :eek:~S~

Anti-smoking laws in my country (The Netherlands) are going to reach new and incredibly high heights, resulting in my opinion the demonization and economic (slow) strangulation of all smokers who want to remain smokers.

Get used to it. America went through this two decades ago, and now that we ALL know that you can get cancer from looking at a picture of a cigarette, we're all marching in tight lockstep.

I am against using the tax code for social engineering, either as a deterrent or a incentive to change behavior.

Trying to ban tobacco while at the same time promoting or allowing pot is one of the things I could never figure out.

Of course we also see a situation where they invented the better cigarette, i.e. vaping, and now for some reason all the people who hated smoking now are also going after vaping.

The biggest issue with cigarette use was never the nicotine, it was the combustion products, and vaping removes the combustion process from the whole situation.

Trying to ban tobacco while at the same time promoting or allowing pot is one of the things I could never figure out.

Of course we also see a situation where they invented the better cigarette, i.e. vaping, and now for some reason all the people who hated smoking now are also going after vaping.

The biggest issue with cigarette use was never the nicotine, it was the combustion products, and vaping removes the combustion process from the whole situation.
But the prejudice is deep. At least in Washington, the places that do not allow smoking -- everywhere -- also do not allow vaping. I have even seen the stupid argument that vaping is harmful to society because it looks like smoking!

But the prejudice is deep. At least in Washington, the places that do not allow smoking -- everywhere -- also do not allow vaping. I have even seen the stupid argument that vaping is harmful to society because it looks like smoking!

You also get the "think of the children!!!!" argument.

Some people you just can't please, they invent a better cigarette, and it's still not good enough for some people.

You also get the "think of the children!!!!" argument.

Some people you just can't please, they invent a better cigarette, and it's still not good enough for some people.
Oh, yeah! I ripped into someone who tried that line on me -- didn't want her child seeing someone doing something so vile. I let her have it -- reminding her that it was perfectly legal for me to be vaping outside, on the street, and that her child's little mind was her responsibility, not mine, and until I started getting the welfare checks for the purpose of taking care of that child, it was never going to be my responsibility -- until she walked away in tears, dragging her young behind her.

I absolutely detest those mindless drones who swallowed the "It takes a village" bullshit hook, line and sinker and feel they have the right to demand that we all buy the bullshit too.

The problem is the edible high is completely different than the smoking high

Smoking it makes me mellow, eating it makes me paranoid.

I have not used it in any form since before I joined the Corps.

I know many people that do in different forms, as they all want something different from it.

My wife would like to use the gummies for relief from the arthritis in her knee but she works for the VA and would get fired if she did so and then had to be drug tested for whatever reason

So you cant smoke a fag because it causes cancer but you can smoke dope, which is supposed to be medical, but is as cancerous as the fag.

Forum List

Back