Oregon Judge Strikes Down Governor’s Coronavirus Restrictions on Religious Gatherings

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
That's the second judge within a week or who has ruled against the state and for the people. I'm somewhat shocked because our judicial system hasn't really given a shit about the people since the mid 20th century.

Interesting ruling. I am also surprised of it coming out of Oregon however Baker County is Eastern Oregon and they tend to be a lot more conservative and are pro constitution.

That's the second judge within a week or who has ruled against the state and for the people. I'm somewhat shocked because our judicial system hasn't really given a shit about the people since the mid 20th century.

The legislature had enough time to come up with something. Their lack of legislation should mean the Governor has executive authority to continue in the best interest of the State.

The legislature had enough time to come up with something. Their lack of legislation should mean the Governor has executive authority to continue in the best interest of the State.

The legislature did nothing, they had plenty of time, they had 28 days and according to the Constitution they were responsible for extending the governor’s order, they did not, so as per the Constitution the order expired. Seems like the governor thought she was above the Constitution, apparently not.

The Left: That judge must have been a gang rapist back in college!

The state Supreme Court has issued a stay, so unfortunately the lock down remains until the high court makes a final ruling.

Forum List

Back