Oregon rancher receives government request to survey his property – read his brilliant response

This is a must read. It's absolutely hilarious:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/markmeckler/2016/06/oregon-rancher-receives-government-request-to-survey-his-property-read-his-brilliant-response/

So many people cave in and bend over backwards to accommodate the most ridiculous requests of federal and state governments, but this story is a reminder of how we all should respond when bureaucrats come knocking at our doors.

Recently, Oregon ranchers Larry and Amanda Anderson received a letter by the Oregon Department of Fish & Wildlife asking for permission to survey their land in order to track a nearly endangered species. The letter requested use of the landowners’ creek to document the amphibian life represented, specifically the foothill yellow-legged frog which is noted to have recently declined in population. If the Anderson’s agreed to give the department access, they were ensured as being responsible for “the conservation of this important species.”

But the Andersons weren’t exactly interested and noticed an opportunity to turn the tables on the request and apply a little “Golden Rule” justice, or at least doing unto the government as is so often done unto them.

The Andersons constructed one of the best come-back letters of all time. The only way to truly appreciate it is to read it in its entirety:

Dear Mr. Niemela:

Thank you for your inquiry regarding accessing our property to survey for the yellow-legged frog. We may be able to help you out with this matter.

We have divided our 2.26 acres into 75 equal survey units with a draw tag for each unit. Application fees are only $8.00 per unit after you purchase the “Frog Survey License” ($120.00 resident / $180.00 Non-Resident). You will also need to obtain a “Frog Habitat” parking permit ($10.00 per vehicle). You will also need an “Invasive Species” stamp ($15.00 for the first vehicle and $5.00 for each add’l vehicle) You will also want to register at the Check Station to have your vehicle inspected for non-native plant life prior to entering our property. There is also a Day Use fee, $5.00 per vehicle.

Unfortunately, the Oregon Department of Fish & Wildlife will find marihuana plants in the property which will authorize the state to confiscate the land.

This is all about Agenda 21 and the BLM confiscating the land of property owners under the guise of conservation and sustainable development This shit has happened to thousands of land owners that allowed themselves to be bullied and intimidated into allowing these disgusting piles of shit onto their property.
Please cite a case of this.

The Hammond family is the biggest example of this...at least the most widely known due to the Wildlife stand-off and then we have the Bundy ranch stand-off.

Just the unwanted parts..
whats the starting bids? $2.43?
Depends if it has grass or not...
i think if Pelosi was on ebay, the bid would start at .03 cents and no one would ever bid.
I would gladly push the "Buy Now" button and pay the .03 cent (Actually I would pay one whole cent since it is the smallest unit)....then use her for scaring kids at Halloween...or shark bait... maybe the latter....
There is a lot of ranch property available for sale in the real estate listings for Malheur county, where the nut case cowboys roam.

I don't remember any of it being for free.

So, I'm not sure why anyone would give it away.

You must be really butthurt that no one accused in the stand-off was found guilty....and you obviously have no fucking clue as to why the stand-off even occurred...do you?

This is all about Agenda 21 and the BLM confiscating the land of property owners under the guise of conservation and sustainable development This shit has happened to thousands of land owners that allowed themselves to be bullied and intimidated into allowing these disgusting piles of shit onto their property.
Can they force you to let them on your land?

Nope, not without probable cause and a warrant.
What would constitute "probable cause?"

Anything without proof such as an "informant" was snitching about a meth lab or something.

Anything without proof such as an "informant" was snitching about a meth lab or something.
Why would the EPA be investigating a meth lab?

Oregon is infested with liberals and these agencies are largely run by liberals. They hate ranchers and farmers who are predominately Christian conservatives.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/markmeckler/2016/06/oregon-rancher-receives-government-request-to-survey-his-property-read-his-brilliant-response/

So many people cave in and bend over backwards to accommodate the most ridiculous requests of federal and state governments, but this story is a reminder of how we all should respond when bureaucrats come knocking at our doors.

Recently, Oregon ranchers Larry and Amanda Anderson received a letter by the Oregon Department of Fish & Wildlife asking for permission to survey their land in order to track a nearly endangered species. The letter requested use of the landowners’ creek to document the amphibian life represented, specifically the foothill yellow-legged frog which is noted to have recently declined in population. If the Anderson’s agreed to give the department access, they were ensured as being responsible for “the conservation of this important species.”

But the Andersons weren’t exactly interested and noticed an opportunity to turn the tables on the request and apply a little “Golden Rule” justice, or at least doing unto the government as is so often done unto them.

The Andersons constructed one of the best come-back letters of all time. The only way to truly appreciate it is to read it in its entirety:

Dear Mr. Niemela:

Thank you for your inquiry regarding accessing our property to survey for the yellow-legged frog. We may be able to help you out with this matter.

We have divided our 2.26 acres into 75 equal survey units with a draw tag for each unit. Application fees are only $8.00 per unit after you purchase the “Frog Survey License” ($120.00 resident / $180.00 Non-Resident). You will also need to obtain a “Frog Habitat” parking permit ($10.00 per vehicle). You will also need an “Invasive Species” stamp ($15.00 for the first vehicle and $5.00 for each add’l vehicle) You will also want to register at the Check Station to have your vehicle inspected for non-native plant life prior to entering our property. There is also a Day Use fee, $5.00 per vehicle.

I laughed out loud. My co-workers are looking at me funny now.

Stick it to the man...
i thought oregon went for sale on ebay
Just the unwanted parts..
whats the starting bids? $2.43?
Depends if it has grass or not...
i think if Pelosi was on ebay, the bid would start at .03 cents and no one would ever bid.

You'd have to pay me to take her, AND provide the kennel to keep her in.

Um, depends on the circumstances, I think. God knows, they have no shortage of regulations to twist and manipulate to their ends.

I think they have to have a warrant.

Um, that's the cops.

It's the Bureau of Land Management, not the FBI.

Dear Mr. Niemela:

Working on Sunday?

Dear Mr. Niemela:

Working on Sunday?

I caption telephone calls for the hearing impaired, which means my company has to have coverage 24/7, including weekends, holidays, whatever. I prefer to work weekends, because the call volume is typically lower and it's less stressful than some other days. You could not pay me enough to get me to work on Mondays.

I caption telephone calls for the hearing impaired, which means my company has to have coverage 24/7, including weekends, holidays, whatever. I prefer to work weekends, because the call volume is typically lower and it's less stressful than some other days. You could not pay me enough to get me to work on Mondays.
So that's what monitoring phone conversations is called...cool

Forum List

Back