Oregon rancher receives government request to survey his property – read his brilliant response

I caption telephone calls for the hearing impaired, which means my company has to have coverage 24/7, including weekends, holidays, whatever. I prefer to work weekends, because the call volume is typically lower and it's less stressful than some other days. You could not pay me enough to get me to work on Mondays.
So that's what monitoring phone conversations is called...cool

No, we don't monitor anything. We CAPTION them. I don't give a damn what people talk about, as long as they do it in a clear voice with a modicum of enunciation. You can plan a murder over the phone if you want to. As long as I can understand what you're saying, I will caption it and move on with my life. In fact, FCC regulations forbid me doing anything else.

This is a must read. It's absolutely hilarious:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/markmeckler/2016/06/oregon-rancher-receives-government-request-to-survey-his-property-read-his-brilliant-response/

So many people cave in and bend over backwards to accommodate the most ridiculous requests of federal and state governments, but this story is a reminder of how we all should respond when bureaucrats come knocking at our doors.

Recently, Oregon ranchers Larry and Amanda Anderson received a letter by the Oregon Department of Fish & Wildlife asking for permission to survey their land in order to track a nearly endangered species. The letter requested use of the landowners’ creek to document the amphibian life represented, specifically the foothill yellow-legged frog which is noted to have recently declined in population. If the Anderson’s agreed to give the department access, they were ensured as being responsible for “the conservation of this important species.”

But the Andersons weren’t exactly interested and noticed an opportunity to turn the tables on the request and apply a little “Golden Rule” justice, or at least doing unto the government as is so often done unto them.

The Andersons constructed one of the best come-back letters of all time. The only way to truly appreciate it is to read it in its entirety:

Dear Mr. Niemela:

Thank you for your inquiry regarding accessing our property to survey for the yellow-legged frog. We may be able to help you out with this matter.

We have divided our 2.26 acres into 75 equal survey units with a draw tag for each unit. Application fees are only $8.00 per unit after you purchase the “Frog Survey License” ($120.00 resident / $180.00 Non-Resident). You will also need to obtain a “Frog Habitat” parking permit ($10.00 per vehicle). You will also need an “Invasive Species” stamp ($15.00 for the first vehicle and $5.00 for each add’l vehicle) You will also want to register at the Check Station to have your vehicle inspected for non-native plant life prior to entering our property. There is also a Day Use fee, $5.00 per vehicle.

What a dick.

Probably sucks them too like bripat.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/markmeckler/2016/06/oregon-rancher-receives-government-request-to-survey-his-property-read-his-brilliant-response/

So many people cave in and bend over backwards to accommodate the most ridiculous requests of federal and state governments, but this story is a reminder of how we all should respond when bureaucrats come knocking at our doors.

Recently, Oregon ranchers Larry and Amanda Anderson received a letter by the Oregon Department of Fish & Wildlife asking for permission to survey their land in order to track a nearly endangered species. The letter requested use of the landowners’ creek to document the amphibian life represented, specifically the foothill yellow-legged frog which is noted to have recently declined in population. If the Anderson’s agreed to give the department access, they were ensured as being responsible for “the conservation of this important species.”

But the Andersons weren’t exactly interested and noticed an opportunity to turn the tables on the request and apply a little “Golden Rule” justice, or at least doing unto the government as is so often done unto them.

The Andersons constructed one of the best come-back letters of all time. The only way to truly appreciate it is to read it in its entirety:

Dear Mr. Niemela:

Thank you for your inquiry regarding accessing our property to survey for the yellow-legged frog. We may be able to help you out with this matter.

We have divided our 2.26 acres into 75 equal survey units with a draw tag for each unit. Application fees are only $8.00 per unit after you purchase the “Frog Survey License” ($120.00 resident / $180.00 Non-Resident). You will also need to obtain a “Frog Habitat” parking permit ($10.00 per vehicle). You will also need an “Invasive Species” stamp ($15.00 for the first vehicle and $5.00 for each add’l vehicle) You will also want to register at the Check Station to have your vehicle inspected for non-native plant life prior to entering our property. There is also a Day Use fee, $5.00 per vehicle.

What a dick.

He's a dick? Really? Do you know what happens when the EPA finds an endangered specie on your property?

Dear Mr. Niemela:

What a dick.

He's a dick? Really? Do you know what happens when the EPA finds an endangered specie on your property?

Hazlnut is a fucking commie that sucks the cock of his beloved gubermint and willingly bends over for them.....

Forum List

Back