O'Reilly Backs Electric Cars. What An Idiot

Electric cars such as the Tesla are definitely not for snowbirds who drive 1,500+ miles to warmer climate in winter, or for anyone who drives similar long distances and time is of the essence.

An Average American drives 32.877 miles per day.

A fully charged Tesla Battery runs for 300 miles, or 912% higher than the average person is driving.

When the heat is on full blast, it will drop the battery's life by 25 miles over the 300 mile life, or 275 miles, or 836.45% more than an Average Citizen drives.

Hopefully that addresses your concerns why O'Reilly would endorse such a car.

Nope. I don't believe it.

I noticed you didn't bother to mention ambient temperature, or sub-zero temperatures in the equation, or provide a link.

He provided a link, it was right beside yours. Don't know how you missed it. :dunno:

he is a moron?

winter cold weather takes its toll

on performance

Winter chills limit range of the Tesla Model S electric car

In this article, the range still exceeds an average American's daily driving by:

a fuck ton*

*=(yes, fuck ton is a scientific term)

here's a tip - if youre a long range driver on a daily, don't buy one.

if youre an average American, it well surpasses your needs

Just hope you don't get caught in a traffic-jam during a blizzard.

why he going to panic like Atlanta did with 1 inch?

I noticed you didn't bother to mention ambient temperature, or sub-zero temperatures in the equation, or provide a link.

on performance

In this article, the range still exceeds an average American's daily driving by:

a fuck ton*

The only problem is the "average American" can't afford one. They are nice cars but you can buy two turbo diesels, that get 70mpg, for the money, and have cash left over.

on performance

a fuck ton*

average does not mean much in the real world

on performance

a fuck ton*

Just hope you don't get caught in a traffic-jam during a blizzard.

disregarding the loss do to the cold

loss from running lights and heater

the electric car does a little better with frequent braking

everything is a trade off with an electric car

in the "olden days" when the alternator in a car had its own belt

and you lost the belt or alternator

you could limp the car home my managing the battery power

No offense, but that seems like about the worst reason to oppose technological progress that I've ever heard.

Maybe if you researched electric cars you would find they are as old if not older than Gasoline powered cars.

I think it would be safe to say, 1884 is when the first electric car hit the streets. So the Electric motor that powers electric cars is a mature technology.

Battery technology is not mature, its in its infancy? Seems like duracel has been advertising advancements for decades, and correct me if I am wrong but batteries proceed gasoline engines by an easy 100 years, give or take a decade.

Electric motor and Battery technology is mature, not new.

That's like saying nothing new came out of the Manhattan Project, because bombs had been around for hundreds of years.

???? The Manhatten project?

Atomic research was brand new back then researched and developed with pencil and paper. Battery and electric motor research began over a hundred years prior. Now and for over fi try years the research is being done on super computers. The research is being done at taxpayers expense across dozens of universities. Billions of dollars. This dwarfs the manhatten project.

You characterize this as new and just the beginning when its old tired and tried and failing. Two hundred years of failure. How much more must we spend and waste when its not needed.

We have our solutions now. The USA led the world and became the greatest nation in the world, the richest nation in the worl. Now that source of wealth and power is taken away from us. We are dictated to.

The USA is being destroyed chasing the lies and promises of politicians and activists.

Battery powered cars are old tired technology.

Millions of batteries will require millions of literal gas stations. Almost two per electric car but that cost is not even considered.

People out here in California are paying hundreds of dollars a month for electricity and now our bills will be burdened with new demands driving inflation higher. Costs higher.

I honestly don't understand the staunch opposition to electric vehicles I'm seeing here, masquerading as some kind of scientifically based pessimistic certainty. Do any of you have a clue as to the mileage range of the first internal combustion automobiles? Electric automobiles are in their infancy, and already they're competing with centuries old, mature technology in all facets of function and performance. Is the electric vehicle ready to fully displace the combustion engine? Hell no. But it's going to happen eventually, whether any of you like it or not.

No one is opposing them. They just get pissed off when idiots make them out to be more than they are. And they tell everyone to buy one. But they don't have one themselves. Just like O'Reilly.

An Average American drives 32.877 miles per day.

A fully charged Tesla Battery runs for 300 miles, or 912% higher than the average person is driving.

When the heat is on full blast, it will drop the battery's life by 25 miles over the 300 mile life, or 275 miles, or 836.45% more than an Average Citizen drives.

Hopefully that addresses your concerns why O'Reilly would endorse such a car.

facts..they burn

Those aren't facts. The ambient temperature wasn't a consideration and must be taken into account.

Also the weight-load is never a consideration in these tests. Neither is road grade. How steep are the roads in the area and how does it effect battery life.

Forum List

Back