OSHA to expand COVID mandate?

OSHA isn't a law making body. Its unconstitutional, no matter what the courts say.

Lots of stuff is as far as I believe but that is irrelevant to how we operate. You are still going to get arrested if you are caught with an unregistered, unlicensed automatic weapon.

The Biden administration’s emergency COVID-19 vaccination requirement released today could be expanded in the future to employers who have fewer than 100 workers.

The emergency temporary standard, issued by the Labor Department’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and scheduled to go into effect on Friday, is presented as only applying to firms that have 100 or more employees.

But OSHA is seeking public comments on that aspect of the standard, and it may be ultimately expanded to include smaller businesses, the agency said in the 490-page document.

OSHA said it is “soliciting stakeholder comment and additional information to determine whether to adjust the scope of the ETS,” or emergency standard, “to address smaller employers in the future.”

The agency is seeking perspectives from employers, it indicated (pdf).

“OSHA seeks information about the ability of employers with fewer than 100 employees to implement COVID-19 vaccination and/or testing programs,” it said.

This isn't a done deal, they haven't done this yet, but I think they will. Interesting to see how the courts rule on this, does the federal gov't have the power to decide what is good for you against your own wishes?
Certainly not though some "Emergency" OSHA bullshit.

100 employees? Although it varies by industry, the SBA's definition of a small business averages out to 500 or fewer employees. This bullshit will further devastate already hurting small businesses.

1636061229365.png

There's no way a small business could comply with restrictions on getting their employees tested and vaccinated then keep the prices cost effective.

Just another "let's put Mom & Pop" shops out of business being pushed by the progressive Democrats.

*****SAD SMILE*****

:)

There hasn't been a challenge to the federal mandate. State and local mandates have been upheld going back a century, but there is no precedent in American history of the federal government pushing such a policy, nor nothing I can see in the Constitution that gives them the right to do so.
Biden will totally ruin the economy through mandates and overspending

OSHA isn't a law making body. Its unconstitutional, no matter what the courts say.

Actually the courts have a tendency to go croaching tiger hidden dragon on OSHA ETS's which is why you seldom ever hear of one. They generally find the statute authorizing OSHA to issue these orders too vague and the terms like "grave danger" so ill-defined that it becomes an impossible burden for OSHA lawyers to prove the danger and the necessity of an ETS over going through the normal rules making process.

Is every OSHA standard unconstitutional?

No, only the ones that exceed the laws that the OSHA standards are based on. IOW, are they creating new rules that the laws did not intend. I'm no constitutional lawyer, but should this mandate allowed under the premise of an emergency? It's being ongoing for close to 2 years, so does that qualify as an emergency? My guess is no, but again what do I know?

My guess is that Biden and the democrats are throwing all kinds of shit against the wall to see what the courts will allow them to get away with. If something is denied, they can still go to their voters and say we tried but the Supreme Court is against us and we have to do something about that. But maybe what they are casually dismissing is the fact that all this crap they're trying to do will not be forgotten come Nov 2022, even if what they tried to do doesn't actually happen. And in view of what happened in Virginia and New Jersey, even those democrats in blue districts and states may not be as safe as they thought.

The Biden administration’s emergency COVID-19 vaccination requirement released today could be expanded in the future to employers who have fewer than 100 workers.

The emergency temporary standard, issued by the Labor Department’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and scheduled to go into effect on Friday, is presented as only applying to firms that have 100 or more employees.

But OSHA is seeking public comments on that aspect of the standard, and it may be ultimately expanded to include smaller businesses, the agency said in the 490-page document.

OSHA said it is “soliciting stakeholder comment and additional information to determine whether to adjust the scope of the ETS,” or emergency standard, “to address smaller employers in the future.”

The agency is seeking perspectives from employers, it indicated (pdf).

“OSHA seeks information about the ability of employers with fewer than 100 employees to implement COVID-19 vaccination and/or testing programs,” it said.

This isn't a done deal, they haven't done this yet, but I think they will. Interesting to see how the courts rule on this, does the federal gov't have the power to decide what is good for you against your own wishes?

Another Neo-Marxist attack on the middle class!
They have no back-up under these mandates along with the burden of spending their own money to satisfy them.

No, only the ones that exceed the laws that the OSHA standards are based on. IOW, are they creating new rules that the laws did not intend. I'm no constitutional lawyer, but should this mandate allowed under the premise of an emergency? It's being ongoing for close to 2 years, so does that qualify as an emergency? My guess is no, but again what do I know?

My guess is that Biden and the democrats are throwing all kinds of shit against the wall to see what the courts will allow them to get away with. If something is denied, they can still go to their voters and say we tried but the Supreme Court is against us and we have to do something about that. But maybe what they are casually dismissing is the fact that all this crap they're trying to do will not be forgotten come Nov 2022, even if what they tried to do doesn't actually happen. And in view of what happened in Virginia and New Jersey, even those democrats in blue districts and states may not be as safe as they thought.

I pretty much agree with all of this minus the 2022 part, too far till then.

I also think the idea is that the mandates will cause people to get it that may not have until they are thrown out in the courts, thus they are still reaching their goals.

Wrong as hell, but that is what I think is happening

Forum List

Back