OSHA to expand COVID mandate?

Well as I predicited as soon as the order was released the lawsuits have been filed trying to stop it.

Lots of stuff is as far as I believe but that is irrelevant to how we operate. You are still going to get arrested if you are caught with an unregistered, unlicensed automatic weapon.
That doesn't change the fact that it's unconstitutional.

Unfortunately the courts decide that.
Actually, the people will. Wait until '22 and '24 when the Communist-Democrats get their asses spanked at the ballot box.

Biden is giving illegal aliens $450,000 per family. He's already voted out...lol

Actually, the people will. Wait until '22 and '24 when the Communist-Democrats get their asses spanked at the ballot box.

Biden is giving illegal aliens $450,000 per family. He's already voted out...lol

Biden isn't giving anyone anything and 2022 will be kinda late to stop something in January.

I imagine the lawsuits will fly but so far as far as I have seen they all have failed.

The only jobs effected so far have been government, so there was no protection.
Now we are talking about a federal mandate against both workers and employers, so lawsuit to stop it are much more likely to win.

Last edited:
The only jobs effected so far have been government, so there was no protection.
Now we are talking about a federal mandate against both workers and employers, so much more likely to win.

The argument is slightly different but they have ruled against police officer, nurses and others also.

Public schools (government) can force people to get vaccinated.

They have no obligation to follow it right now. As noted it gives businesses till Jan 4.

I DO NOT support mandates but that does not mean one can not discuss what is happening. What will happen is you will get vaccinated OR get tested weekly. It's up to your company whether or not they make you pay for that.

No, the feds won't be able to enforce not just because they do not have that authority, but because the feds will have no means of checking compliance.
Typically OSHA never has any means of knowing what is going on in any workplace until there is a complaint.
Unless employers turn themselves in, there is on way OSHA would know.

I pretty much agree with all of this minus the 2022 part, too far till then.

I also think the idea is that the mandates will cause people to get it that may not have until they are thrown out in the courts, thus they are still reaching their goals.

Wrong as hell, but that is what I think is happening

So, in essence you believe that the ends justifies the means, illegal as they might be. It is fine with you for the Dems to use whatever coercive force is necessary to reach their goals, even if it tramples all over anyone's right to self-determination because they have decided what is best for the rest of us. That's pretty high-handed, don't you think?

Last edited:
No, the feds won't be able to enforce not just because they do not have that authority, but because the feds will have no means of checking compliance.
Typically OSHA never has any means of knowing what is going on in any workplace until there is a complaint.
Unless employers turn themselves in, there is on way OSHA would know.

Passing something and enforcing it are two different things. It's not uncommon for things to go unforced.

The Biden administration’s emergency COVID-19 vaccination requirement released today could be expanded in the future to employers who have fewer than 100 workers.

The emergency temporary standard, issued by the Labor Department’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and scheduled to go into effect on Friday, is presented as only applying to firms that have 100 or more employees.

But OSHA is seeking public comments on that aspect of the standard, and it may be ultimately expanded to include smaller businesses, the agency said in the 490-page document.

OSHA said it is “soliciting stakeholder comment and additional information to determine whether to adjust the scope of the ETS,” or emergency standard, “to address smaller employers in the future.”

The agency is seeking perspectives from employers, it indicated (pdf).

“OSHA seeks information about the ability of employers with fewer than 100 employees to implement COVID-19 vaccination and/or testing programs,” it said.

This isn't a done deal, they haven't done this yet, but I think they will. Interesting to see how the courts rule on this, does the federal gov't have the power to decide what is good for you against your own wishes?

Long Court fight ahead.

How brave of you. Nobody has to follow any law or guideline. The businesses will just get fined off the planet.

No, because OSHA has no means of determining who is doing what.
OSHA normally acts only after a worker complains.
Workers are not going to complain.

Forum List

Back