OSHA to expand COVID mandate?

Long Court fight ahead.
Yeah, most likely. I suspect an injunction will be asked for until the courts eventually decide what is constitutional and what isn't. It seems to me to be very important about how far an unelected executive branch agency can go as far as interpreting what the limits are for creating directives.

The argument is slightly different but they have ruled against police officer, nurses and others also.

Public schools (government) can force people to get vaccinated.

You miss the point.
With police, nurses, teachers, etc., the government employer was the one mandating.
The lawsuits were the individual employees, against their government employers.
Which then was bound to fail.
But these new lawsuits are going to be not just the individual employees, but their private employers as well, against a distant government that has no authority.

When the employer was government, the government did not need any authority, but as an employer, could do what they wanted.
No with this, the government wants to force the employers, so than need legal authority it does not have.

So, in essence you believe that the ends justifies the means, illegal as they might be. It is fine with you for the Dems to use whatever coercive force is necessary to reach their goals, even if it tramples all over anyone's right to self-determination because they have decided what is best for the rest of us. That's pretty high-handed, don't you think?

I just said I think it is wrong as well, so no I do not think the ends justifies the means. I think that they think that.

I have said 100 times on here that I do not agree with the Govt mandate for private employers.

You miss the point.
With police, nurses, teachers, etc., the government employer was the one mandating.
[/QUOTE]

No.

Houston Methodist Hospital

Judge dismisses lawsuit by Houston hospital employees over Covid-19 vaccinations

Now that was a requirement by the employer not the government. That is a legitimate distinction but I don't think the courts are going to make it. Again, I'm simply discussing the issue and my opinion.

The lawsuits were the individual employees, against their government employers.
Which then was bound to fail.
But these new lawsuits are going to be not just the individual employees, but their private employers as well, against a distant government that has no authority.

When the employer was government, the government did not need any authority, but as an employer, could do what they wanted.
No with this, the government wants to force the employers, so than need legal authority it does not have.

The problem is also that Congress has ceded all sorts of it's power over the years. I'd have to look more into the laws or more likely wait for the arguments.

I just said I think it is wrong as well, so no I do not think the ends justifies the means. I think that they think that.

I have said 100 times on here that I do not agree with the Govt mandate for private employers.

It's too bad that one can not simply discuss something and what they think will happen without people deciding your positions for you.

I also DO NOT believe in mandates here but I simply think the courts will allow it.

The Biden administration’s emergency COVID-19 vaccination requirement released today could be expanded in the future to employers who have fewer than 100 workers.

The emergency temporary standard, issued by the Labor Department’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and scheduled to go into effect on Friday, is presented as only applying to firms that have 100 or more employees.

But OSHA is seeking public comments on that aspect of the standard, and it may be ultimately expanded to include smaller businesses, the agency said in the 490-page document.

OSHA said it is “soliciting stakeholder comment and additional information to determine whether to adjust the scope of the ETS,” or emergency standard, “to address smaller employers in the future.”

The agency is seeking perspectives from employers, it indicated (pdf).

“OSHA seeks information about the ability of employers with fewer than 100 employees to implement COVID-19 vaccination and/or testing programs,” it said.

This isn't a done deal, they haven't done this yet, but I think they will. Interesting to see how the courts rule on this, does the federal gov't have the power to decide what is good for you against your own wishes?
The Dimtards are trying really hard to destroy "My body, my choice".

Can't wait till it bites them in the ass.

Good. Plague rats should stay home. They probably generally cause other problems as well in the workplace. So win/win.
You do know vaccinated people are infecting other vaccinated people, right?

So tell us Fidel, who exactly will you allow out of their homes?

Biden isn't giving anyone anything and 2022 will be kinda late to stop something in January.
Actually, the people have already given Dictator Biden the middle finger. See Southwest Airlines.

They can and employees will have choices. Get the vaccine. Take weekly tests or quit.

When I worked my company could force me to take drug tests.
Drug tests don't require you to take an injection, Dumbass.

Try again.

I keep on forgetting that you can't reply as an adult.
Your whining aside, tell us how it is the same to piss in a cup VS have someone inject a new drug into your body.

I'm guessing you can't.

Also, everyone knows before they go to work with a company if they require a drug test. The Dictator's mandates are after the fact.

Last edited:
This is what happens when Congress abdicates it’s responsibility and powers to huge bureaucracies managed by the executive branch.

Forum List

Back