OSHA to expand COVID mandate?

I don't think it's too much to say that how this pans out will be one of the biggest, if not THE biggest, topics in the '22 Midterms. If it tanks ... yeah, you might have reason to celebrate.
Its going to tank, no matter what. Its unenforceable.

Neither does this one. Employees have the option to get tested weekly, and wear a mask all the time.
How is OSHA going to know who's vaxxed and who ain't? Medical records are private. Is OSHA going to get a warrant for every single employee?

These are just from the first page.

The Constitution gives Congress the right to make laws that regulate interstate commerce (Article I, Section 8, Clause 3).
Congress used that power to pass the Occupational Safety and Health Act in 1970 (signed by a GOP President).
That act established OSHA, and gave it the power to enact emergency measures, which this is.
Follow the path; there is the Constitutionality of this mandate.

But ...
It has to pass the inevitable court challenges, which could be:
1. "It's not an emergency."
2. "It's an undue burden on industry."
3. Something else out of left field.

I think it will pass, but these days, I underestimate nothing.
It won't pass the ballot box.

This is within OSHA's legal authority granted by the Occupational Safety and Health Act . There are at least 12 republicans states that will challenge the action. However, OSHA is acting under the emergency temporary standard (ETS) which gives the agency the to authority to mandate extraordinary health and safety requirements in an emergences. Certainly a health care emergency declare in January 2020 followed by a national emergency qualifies, both of which are still in effect.

This is what was discussed earlier. Legislators voting away their authority. They've done so in many areas to avoid responsibility themselves.

I do not support mandates, I believe in general they are not Constitutional but I'm betting the courts rule that OSHA has been ceded this power.

As an aside I was told where I retired from (a very, very large employer) sent out the notice this morning. This will be fun to watch.

I've had them on jobsites interviewing every employee I had. They have A LOT of power
They don't have the power to ask to see private medical records.

This would be a good time to question whether, or not they have too much power and that power should be reined in.

Man they keep on pushing it as far as they can, overstepping any line they can, always trying to grab more control. They set a goal for over 100, then decide to say fuck it and go after it all.

I'm still not getting that shit though.
These 'people' Are Nazis I Don't Believe What I am Seeing and Hearing..

The Biden administration’s emergency COVID-19 vaccination requirement released today could be expanded in the future to employers who have fewer than 100 workers.

The emergency temporary standard, issued by the Labor Department’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and scheduled to go into effect on Friday, is presented as only applying to firms that have 100 or more employees.

But OSHA is seeking public comments on that aspect of the standard, and it may be ultimately expanded to include smaller businesses, the agency said in the 490-page document.

OSHA said it is “soliciting stakeholder comment and additional information to determine whether to adjust the scope of the ETS,” or emergency standard, “to address smaller employers in the future.”

The agency is seeking perspectives from employers, it indicated (pdf).

“OSHA seeks information about the ability of employers with fewer than 100 employees to implement COVID-19 vaccination and/or testing programs,” it said.

This isn't a done deal, they haven't done this yet, but I think they will. Interesting to see how the courts rule on this, does the federal gov't have the power to decide what is good for you against your own wishes?

Good God.

Communists love them some government.

Hey lefties, you guys should probably create the Department of Proper Ass Wiping.

Hire a million people to monitor how people living in the US are wiping their asses. It is for the public health!

Last edited:
How is OSHA going to know who's vaxxed and who ain't? Medical records are private. Is OSHA going to get a warrant for every single employee?

Just noting.......you have to prove your kid has been vaccinated before they can get into school.

Sadly, corps are implementing plans to have every employee upload their vax card or submit that they are not vaccinated, I work for a company with 80k+ employees and we have to upload a pic of our vax card or submit that we're not vaxxed by 11/12.

Sadly, corps are implementing plans to have every employee upload their vax card or submit that they are not vaccinated, I work for a company with 80k+ employees and we have to upload a pic of our vax card or submit that we're not vaxxed by 11/12.
Thats illegal. I won't do it.

This is Not the u.s.a. Anymore

Just fucking unreal.

The communists are taking over.

Looks like the compliance to have a record of compliance by 12/5. Then all must either be vaccinated or getting weekly tests (which a company can force the employee to pay for) by 1/4.

Looks like the compliance to have a record of compliance by 12/5. Then all must either be vaccinated or getting weekly tests (which a company can force the employee to pay for) by 1/4.

And I'm holding the company partially responsible, but they would have never done this without the Idiot in the oval office making it a 'mandate'. 80 million people being forced or lose your livelihood, Dems will pay for this for years to come.

So I either do it or lose my job. Fascism, live and in color.

I worked under those requirements for years. Piss in a cup when told to or lose my job. While I did not get injected they would also take my blood.

And I'm holding the company partially responsible, but they would have never done this without the Idiot in the oval office making it a 'mandate'. 80 million people being forced or lose your livelihood, Dems will pay for this for years to come.
Likely not. Complying to regulations is expensive.

What will happen is Dems will lose in 2022 and 2024 and then the Republicans in 2026. It's not like we don't have a track record of this.

Forum List

Back