Our Government can't even run a whore house...

Lest we forget....

Do we really want the government running businesses and medical care too?
The ONLY thing the government ever ran that was profitable and successful, was helium operations. Clinton made sure that blemish would no longer be on the government's record, by shutting it down in the early 90s.

Doesn't Alaska send money to its citizens every year because its so umm, profitable?

Lest we forget....

Our Government can't even run a whore house....
Posted February 18th, 2009 by Tessie101

Back in 1990, the Government seized the Mustang Ranch brothel in Nevada for tax evasion and, as required by law, tried to run it. They failed and it closed. Now we are trusting the economy of our country to a pack of nit-wits who couldn't make money running a whore house and selling booze?

Apparently so...or they wouldn't have voted for the man. He was VERY clear on his intentions.

Well, governments do well in some areas, and badly in others. Customer service is not an area the government excels in. (DMV anyone?)

If you want something really badly damaged, there is nothing better than the US military for destroying things. that is what Governments do well at, and there is none better than ours.

If you want to extract money from the population, than there is no agency in the world better at squeezing blood from stones than the IRS

But you move beyond your area of knowledge and expertise, then quality falls apart. And running a whorehouse is all about doing if for the customer.

And some people want gov. run healthcare??? What a disaster! It takes an arm and a leg and about 4 hours of standing in lines just to get a drivers license renewed...I can't even imagine what will happen in gov. run healthcare if you need a Kidney!!!

Apparently you do need to be dishonest about it, since you were here. I'm not defending anyone, asswipe, I'm pointing out a LIE made by you.
You are saying I lied. Exactly what are you referring to?

That would be the claim that the government couldn't run a brothel and it failed.

Uh... Shortshank...

Again, lets go over the facts...

PROFITABLE BUSINESS IS SEIZED BY THE GOVERNMENT: PROFITS CEASE... BUSINESS CLOSES...

Anything there which you're leaning on the show that the GOVERNMENT CAN OPERATE THAT BUSINESS?

Now while we're on the issue... can you point to a SINGLE BUSINESS which the GOVERNMENT HAS A HAND IN THAT IS PROFITABLE?

Pick one... Not the USPO... Not AM-Track... No government agency runs at a profit...

Ya see dip-stick, every single element of government falls under what we like to call: LIABILITY... because they do not bring ANYTHING IN... they do not PRODUCE ANYTHING... all the government does is TAKE... and without exception. As the government doesn't produce anything to GIVE... for it to give it must TAKE from someone FIRST.

Thus government took a profitable business and KILLED IT.

Now those are FACTS sis... Facts of the INDISTUABLE Variety...

PROFITABLE BUSINESS... the most base business IMAGINABLE... the product WAS THE EMPLOYEES... the costs were negligible... and the profits SKY HIGH... yet EVEN THAT was not an enterprise which the government could sustain; ALL THE GOVERNMENT COULD DO WAS TO KILL IT.

Now the hysterical thing here is that the government was BANKING MILLIONS IN PROFITS FROM THIS BUSINESS EVERY YEAR!

They just didn't think that they were getting ENOUGH... and understand... the government received MILLIONS OF DOLLARS A YEAR from a few acres of ground in the middle of the Nevada desert... but they couldn't be satisified with what they were getting... which was a 100% profit to the government... so what did they do?

THEY KILLED hundreds of millions of dollars in steady streaming revenue because the owners and their accountants disagreed with the government over what the government had coming...

BRILLIANT!

So the OP is correct in everyway... the government took a profitable business and KILLED IT... as it's done to thousands of Car dealerships around the nation; and as they'll do to tens of thousands of smaller businesses, once they position themselves to create a CRISIS that requires such... and this imbecile will be CELEBRATING ALL THE WAY DOWN THE ROAD right along with the government, until they get to his house or business...

Whereupon it will be too late... because the power is already entrenched and there's nothing lef to do but bitch, cry and complain and ask "How could it ever have come to this...?"

Lest we forget....

Back in 1990, the Government seized the Mustang Ranch brothel in Nevada for tax evasion and, as required by law, tried to run it. They failed and it closed. Now we are trusting the economy of our country to a pack of nit-wits who couldn't make money running a whore house and selling booze?

Apparently so...or they wouldn't have voted for the man. He was VERY clear on his intentions.
exactly! In my state alone people who are uninsured is up 21% in the last year.

You are saying I lied. Exactly what are you referring to?

That would be the claim that the government couldn't run a brothel and it failed.

Uh... Shortshank...

PROFITABLE BUSINESS IS SEIZED BY THE GOVERNMENT: PROFITS CEASE... BUSINESS CLOSES...

Anything there which you're leaning on the show that the GOVERNMENT CAN OPERATE THAT BUSINESS?

Now while we're on the issue... can you point to a SINGLE BUSINESS which the GOVERNMENT HAS A HAND IN THAT IS PROFITABLE?

Pick one... Not the USPO... Not AM-Track... No government agency runs at a profit...

Ya see dip-stick, every single element of government falls under what we like to call: LIABILITY... because they do not bring ANYTHING IN... they do not PRODUCE ANYTHING... all the government does is TAKE... and without exception. As the government doesn't produce anything to GIVE... for it to give it must TAKE from someone FIRST.

PROFITABLE BUSINESS... the most base business IMAGINABLE... the product WAS THE EMPLOYEES... the costs were negligible... and the profits SKY HIGH... yet EVEN THAT was not an enterprise which the government could sustain; ALL THE GOVERNMENT COULD DO WAS TO KILL IT.

Now the hysterical thing here is that the government was BANKING MILLIONS IN PROFITS FROM THIS BUSINESS EVERY YEAR!

They just didn't think that they were getting ENOUGH... and understand... the government received MILLIONS OF DOLLARS A YEAR from a few acres of ground in the middle of the Nevada desert... but they couldn't be satisified with what they were getting... which was a 100% profit to the government... so what did they do?

THEY KILLED hundreds of millions of dollars in steady streaming revenue because the owners and their accountants disagreed with the government over what the government had coming...

BRILLIANT!

So the OP is correct in everyway... the government took a profitable business and KILLED IT... as it's done to thousands of Car dealerships around the nation; and as they'll do to tens of thousands of smaller businesses, once they position themselves to create a CRISIS that requires such... and this imbecile will be CELEBRATING ALL THE WAY DOWN THE ROAD right along with the government, until they get to his house or business...

Whereupon it will be too late... because the power is already entrenched and there's nothing lef to do but bitch, cry and complain and ask "How could it ever have come to this...?"

Facts of the indistuable variety, eh?

Nothing said that the business stopped operating at a profit.

Lest we forget....

The ONLY thing the government ever ran that was profitable and successful, was helium operations. Clinton made sure that blemish would no longer be on the government's record, by shutting it down in the early 90s.

Doesn't Alaska send money to its citizens every year because its so umm, profitable?

ROFL... Alaska splits the sales of it's natural resources with each Alaskan Citizen... So yeah...

Are you wanting to equate the Alaskan State Government to the US Federal Government?

Last edited:
Well, governments do well in some areas, and badly in others. Customer service is not an area the government excels in. (DMV anyone?)

If you want something really badly damaged, there is nothing better than the US military for destroying things. that is what Governments do well at, and there is none better than ours.

If you want to extract money from the population, than there is no agency in the world better at squeezing blood from stones than the IRS

But you move beyond your area of knowledge and expertise, then quality falls apart. And running a whorehouse is all about doing if for the customer.

And some people want gov. run healthcare??? What a disaster! It takes an arm and a leg and about 4 hours of standing in lines just to get a drivers license renewed...I can't even imagine what will happen in gov. run healthcare if you need a Kidney!!!

I guess we'll all have kidney failure just like Rush...making Wanda Sykes laugh so hard that snot bubbles come out of her oversized comedic nose.

The company I work for has already put us on notice, that if healthcare requirements increase or taxes increase, we will be facing severe cutbacks...including job eliminations. I'm so glad to have Obama at the wheel. He's just making my life better and better!! So, since I am one of those in the "cut it and gut it" area, I'm pretty sure that I will be without both a job AND healthcare. My kids and my wife are going to love it too! Do you think they make a refridgerator box big enough to sleep 5?

Uh... Shortshank...

BRILLIANT!

ROFL...

Do whuh?

So the business is still operating at a profit is it? Now are you sure about that?

Huh... I got the impression that it had been shut down; and that the people that shut it down were the US Government...

Did I miss something there?

Uh... Shortshank...

BRILLIANT!

ROFL...

Do whuh?

So the business is still operating at a profit is it? Now are you sure about that?

Huh... I got the impression that it had been shut down; and that the people that shut it down were the US Government...

You think that maybe, just maybe, the federal government might shut down a whorehouse for reasons other than its not operating at a profit?

Mind boggling, isn't it?

Indeed. That Obama managed to hire 1.8 million people to go to work just for him in a mere four months is mind boggling.

Got a breakdown of private vs. government jobs created?

And yes, mind boggling that the government can't even run a business that can run itself.

You missed my satire. Those 1.8 million people I mentioned were already employees of the United States Government. My point was to counter your not-so-subtle point that all of this nation's bureaucratic woes began when Obama took the oath of office four months ago. Which is hardly the case.

Uh... Shortshank...

BRILLIANT!

ROFL...

Do whuh?

it was shut down for three months because a judge would not allow the government to run the brothel, it was then sold to a corporation that was actually backed by the previous owner three months later and re opened. Ten years later when it was seized again it was sold along with everything in it for a profit just like the first time and the name was used on another brothel a few miles away.

Ironically, the DMV might be a bad example these days. In most states, you can do everything online without leaving your home and standing in line. I just renewed my car registration last Wednesday and got the hard copy in the mail today (3 business days lag time). If you buy a new or used car from a dealer, they will handle the entire DMV transaction for you online, and your new plates will arrive by another well-run quasi government operation, the USPS.

ROFL... Alaska splits the sales of it's natural resources with each Alaskan Citizen... So yeah...

Are you wanting to equate the Alaskan State Government to the US Federal Government?

I could turn a popular question around and ask why other people should help pay for the subsidies that Alaskan citizens get just because oil is extracted within their boundaries.

The company I work for has already put us on notice, that if healthcare requirements increase or taxes increase, we will be facing severe cutbacks...including job eliminations. I'm so glad to have Obama at the wheel. He's just making my life better and better!! So, since I am one of those in the "cut it and gut it" area, I'm pretty sure that I will be without both a job AND healthcare. My kids and my wife are going to love it too! Do you think they make a refridgerator box big enough to sleep 5?

Yeah... They're called 'Travel Trailers"...

Seven years ago, myself, wife, our youngest son; and two labs lived in a 33' Travel Trailer for two years, when the fiberbiz went south... after several years of mighty slim-pickens before that.

During which time we had no health-insurance and very little of anything else... So, it happens...

Just know that things will work out for ya... as long as the guy you look at in the mirror is the guy that you're trusting to get it done.

But you put your faith in The Lord of the Idiots and you are screwing yourself and everyone that depends on you; 'cause that ain't going to produce NOTHING but pain...

Ironically, the DMV might be a bad example these days. In most states, you can do everything online without leaving your home and standing in line. I just renewed my car registration last Wednesday and got the hard copy in the mail today (3 business days lag time). If you buy a new or used car from a dealer, they will handle the entire DMV transaction for you online, and your new plates will arrive by another well-run quasi government operation, the USPS.
I just bought a car and never had to go to the DOL, they called when my plates were in from the dealership I went down and they put them on for me. Last time I went to the DMV, was to get my licenes again. I think I had to wait ten minutes for them to come out to take the test and then probably ten minutes to take my picture. I don't think I have waited for then thirty minutes at the DMV in recent years.

Lest we forget something that never existed in the first place???

U.S. Gov't Tried (and Failed) to Run Mustang Ranch - Urban Legends

Check your sources before posting snippets you find on Ron Paul forums. Dumbass.

oh!! better to post things from Huffington, eh dumb fuck?

Did you find anything that directly refuted what I posted from Huffington? No? Then shut the fuck up, bitch.

And yes, Huffington is more reliable than a Ron Paul messageboard.

More reliable for dem's, eh dickmouth.

I could turn a popular question around and ask why other people should help pay for the subsidies that Alaskan citizens get just because oil is extracted within their boundaries.

Subsidy?

Alaskans, meaning each citizen in Alaska OWNS the natural resources under them... just as each American does...

The distinction is that the US Federal Government, has, since the onset of the leftist Progressive movement, taken on the impression that IT is a citizen which stands above the individual... and in contrast to the Alaskan model, retains the whole of such sales, unto itself... while Alaska continues to recognize the INDIVIDUAL CITIZEN for what it is: A single element of ALASKA.

Thus, there is no subsidy, per se... The Individual Alaskan is simply being given there INDIVIDUAL FAIR SHARE of the sale of THEIR natural resources...

So such a perspective, as that which yyou've advanced, is simply one wherein you demonstrate your inability to recognize the INDIVIDUAL for what they are... which is typical of the ideological leftists... OKA: the Statists... AKA: The Problem.

Last edited:
Lest we forget....

Mind boggling, isn't it?

Obviously private enterprise couldn't run it profitably either since they couldn't pay didn't pay the taxes, so this is really a poor example. Just saying....

Forum List

Back