🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Our Kennedy.

I am old enough to remember JFK. He was a conservative--and he would have killed his younger brother Teddy Kennedy for his statements and polices. Yes--The Democrat party of those years where the hawks when it came to defense of this country--and they really didn't like welfare, or government handouts.

Ya mad bro?

Why would i be mad? Reagan stands on his own and Kennedy? Not much there really.

Reagan stands on his own as a lying treacherous traitor that lead this country into financial cataclysm.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHXq8TRejow]Telling Lies - YouTube[/ame]

He was a fucking embarrassment.

"You mad bro" calm down man "take a Pill" or something. Like i said Reagan's record Stands on it's own. Reagan made us strong again after the debacle of Jimmi Carter also couple of 100 million people freed from Soviet Tyranny also love Reagan:cool:

Kennedy would never make it past the media today. Not the way he and his brothers bed hopped.

Back when he ran the media would never have put his womanizing on the front page. Different story today though. Hell. He'd be front page 24/7.

Wonder how much of an embarrassment Kennedy would have been to the DNC if the media had publicized his womanizing??

I will let JFK's good friend answer that one...

"If everybody in this town connected with politics had to leave town because of chasing women and drinking, you would have no government."
Barry Goldwater

I am old enough to remember JFK. He was a conservative--and he would have killed his younger brother Teddy Kennedy for his statements and polices. Yes--The Democrat party of those years where the hawks when it came to defense of this country--and they really didn't like welfare, or government handouts.

You are totally wrong. The irony is you quote the father of the British welfare state, Winston Churchill.

One thing i can say is JFK was a patriot his brother a traitor

Ted Kennedy's Soviet Gambit

Picking his way through the Soviet archives that Boris Yeltsin had just thrown open, in 1991 Tim Sebastian, a reporter for the London Times, came across an arresting memorandum. Composed in 1983 by Victor Chebrikov, the top man at the KGB, the memorandum was addressed to Yuri Andropov, the top man in the entire USSR. The subject: Sen. Edward Kennedy.

“On 9-10 May of this year,” the May 14 memorandum explained, “Sen. Edward Kennedy’s close friend and trusted confidant [John] Tunney was in Moscow.” (Tunney was Kennedy’s law school roommate and a former Democratic senator from California.) “The senator charged Tunney to convey the following message, through confidential contacts, to the General Secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, Y. Andropov.”

Kennedy’s message was simple. He proposed an unabashed quid pro quo. Kennedy would lend Andropov a hand in dealing with President Reagan. In return, the Soviet leader would lend the Democratic Party a hand in challenging Reagan in the 1984 presidential election. “The only real potential threats to Reagan are problems of war and peace and Soviet-American relations,” the memorandum stated. “These issues, according to the senator, will without a doubt become the most important of the election campaign.”

Kennedy made Andropov a couple of specific offers.

First he offered to visit Moscow. “The main purpose of the meeting, according to the senator, would be to arm Soviet officials with explanations regarding problems of nuclear disarmament so they may be better prepared and more convincing during appearances in the USA.” Kennedy would help the Soviets deal with Reagan by telling them how to brush up their propaganda.

Then he offered to make it possible for Andropov to sit down for a few interviews on American television. “A direct appeal … to the American people will, without a doubt, attract a great deal of attention and interest in the country. … If the proposal is recognized as worthy, then Kennedy and his friends will bring about suitable steps to have representatives of the largest television companies in the USA contact Y.V. Andropov for an invitation to Moscow for the interviews. … The senator underlined the importance that this initiative should be seen as coming from the American side

Ted Kennedy's Soviet Gambit - Forbes

I wish kennedy would of lived :(

1. Moon base
2. asteroid mining
3. Mars outpost
4. NO Vietnam war with tens of thousands of dead troops...

= better world

Kennedy was an anti communist- HE is the one who became engaged in Vietnam. HE is the one who encouraged what eventually became the Vietnam War. How do you justify saying there would have been "no Vietnam War" had he lived?

JFK is great because he led America to do something great.

Something you morons would scream and bitch about today...

JFK is "great" because he died.

LBJ took up his mantle and made things happen. If JFK hadn't died, could what LBJ accomplished have happened?

Maybe JFK had to die to get done what got done.

Now who the heck took over Matthew's USMB account?

1. Moon base
2. asteroid mining
3. Mars outpost

= better world

Kennedy was an anti communist- HE is the one who became engaged in Vietnam. HE is the one who encouraged what eventually became the Vietnam War. How do you justify saying there would have been "no Vietnam War" had he lived?

True believers should never be asked to 'justify' the wonders wrought by saints. The left has sanctified JFK, just as they did FDR and will, in the fullness of time, BHO.

Kennedy would never make it past the media today. Not the way he and his brothers bed hopped.

Back when he ran the media would never have put his womanizing on the front page. Different story today though. Hell. He'd be front page 24/7.

Wonder how much of an embarrassment Kennedy would have been to the DNC if the media had publicized his womanizing??

Probably not any more than Eisenhower's affair would have.

Seems you have a one-sided view of skanky.

I agree. FDR would never have made it either. In fact no one, from either party, would have made it to the WH if they were bed hoppers and if the media back then did what the media of today does.

Party don't matter when it comes to skanky.

The media of the 30's thru the 60's and mayby even the 70's would never have spoken or reported about a President or someone running for POTUS's extramarital affairs. Just wasn't done.

Today, however, the media would be salivating over such a story and taking every opportunity to air that story 24/7 over cable news.

As for JFK as a POTUS?

He did do some good things. Our space program thrived under him but mostly because he wanted to beat the Russians to the moon. The Space Program was a big competition. Apple pie and the American way vs. Communism. Communism the big boogie man back then. I remember it well.

He really didn't have time to do much as POTUS. Once he was assasinated they put him on a pedestal like he was God. He wasn't.

Last edited:

1. Moon base
2. asteroid mining
3. Mars outpost

= better world

Because after coming to the brink of Nuclear War with Russia over Cuba, Kennedy got a stark lesson in how things like these confrontations can spin out of control.

It's pretty clear Kennedy viewed Vietnam as a dead end. And he probably would have scaled down our involvement.

1. Moon base
2. asteroid mining
3. Mars outpost

= better world

Because after coming to the brink of Nuclear War with Russia over Cuba, Kennedy got a stark lesson in how things like these confrontations can spin out of control.

It's pretty clear Kennedy viewed Vietnam as a dead end. And he probably would have scaled down our involvement.

There is absolutely no historic proof that Kennedy viewed Vietnam in that way. Nor is there any indication that he was planning to scale down our involvement. John Kennedy was actively resisting Communism's spread around the globe.

There is absolutely no historic proof that Kennedy viewed Vietnam in that way. Nor is there any indication that he was planning to scale down our involvement. John Kennedy was actively resisting Communism's spread around the globe.

Funny that his brother Teddy seemed to embrace them......

Yeah..never mind the fact that we'd been in Vietnam since Eisenhower and there was only a very limited escalation until Johnson came into office.

Never mind the fact that Kennedy asked McNamara to draft a withdrawal plan.

Never mind that multiple reports were submitted to Kennedy illustrating what a mess the South Vietnamese government truly was..

There's no "historic" proof..

:lol:

I was alive when John Kennedy was President. He was NOT loved by every person in this country at the time as he was seen as soft on communism by allowing Cuba to remain under Castro. But he was a good President. He was a good President because he was a LEADER and he had an American vision. The only time that John Kennedy did not lead was during the Bay of Pigs invasion. And if you read what he wrote about it, he regretted not standing up to kill the entire thing from the beginning even though he thought it was a really bad idea. He let his 'advisors' push him into the thing and he swore he would never let it happen again. When he stood up to Kruschev, he told his advisers what they would do and by any measure, he won out. Yes, he gave up the missles in Turkey, but they were going away anyway and actually because of advancements in technology would have been redundant within a year.

Ronald Reagan was a good President because of the same thing. He was a LEADER and he had an American vision. Ronald Reagan stood up to Gorbachov and by any stretch of the imagination, he forced the former Soviet Union to its knees. So badly that they eventually disintegrated. Despite those that wanted to capitulate to the Soviets, he introduced missles into NATO to counter the SS-20's that the Soviets had deployed in the Warsaw Pact.

Bill Maher is pond scum. Goat piss is more valuable than his opinions and the goat is more intelligent. Both of those President's are to be honored, revered and respected. What we desperately NEED right now is another Democrat like Kennedy or another Republican like Reagan. I would work for and vote for either.

Bill Maher's thoughts are as vapid and as laughable as if they had come from an Angolan warlord. I put both in the same basket...

Forum List

Back