Our problem is how we're raising our kids

Faux conservatives are always inventing fixes for problems theyve imagined in their brains because when things are "different" from what their "hardships" were, its super spooky.

This is the epitome of the nosey neighbor who sits in a glass house. Bitch you did NOT walk anywhere barefoot, let alone to school in the snow let alone am I even convinced you've got a diploma at all.

Kids today are fine. They are more well rounded, more in touch with their world, more involved with their communities and more empathetic toward those less fortunate.
Says someone who leaves the house.

To folks who only watch tv and roll their eyes at it? The world is melting.

The strangest thing I heard from a friend in his 30's who has kids in preschool is that they don't keep score in the kids' sports anymore they just play for fun.
That's how it was done the first couple of years when my daughter played softball.

The funny thing was, all the kids kept score themselves, and so did we parents in the stands.

:laugh:

The strangest thing I heard from a friend in his 30's who has kids in preschool is that they don't keep score in the kids' sports anymore they just play for fun.
That's how it was done the first couple of years when my daughter played softball.

The funny thing was, all the kids kept score themselves, and so did we parents in the stands.

No offense but I knew you were a soccer mom type, Mac.

From people like you, no offense could be taken!

:rock:

From people like you, no offense could be taken!

:rock:
We aren't acquainted, nosey neighbor.

Every generation has a complaint.

People in the 1920s complained about the youth because they were going to clubs and dancing the charleston and women were wearing short hair cuts and knee length skirts.

In the 60's old geezers complained about youth having sex and smoking weed.

In the 80s and 90s they complained about gen x being

Now folks are complaining about discipline.

Older generations will never be satisfied with younger ones.
You couldn't hit the side of a barn from the inside. It isn't just a matter of complaining about the newest generation, there is a marked lack of discipline, self reliance and self control these days. Many kids are not taught the work ethic or even right or wrong. Moral relativity has taken over moral character. Independence has given way to dependence and group think.

I'll trot out the post election snowflake meltdown as exhibit A. Exhibit B is college safe spaces. Previous generations would be shocked, horrified or greatly amused at the necessity of finding a place where disagreeable thought was not allowed.

Kids do have a work ethic. I am 28 years old. Everyone my age has a job working full time. Of course there are some bums, but you'll find bums in every age group.

What does safe spaces have to do independence? Talking about your feelings is the right thing to do. Older generations winded up being drunks and druggies because they didn't talk about their issues.

It also goes back to who raise them? The good ole days like you admire generated a generation of youth that were rebellious because of their uber strict parenting. Baby boomers are closer to their kids than they were with their parents.
28 years old and you're still a kid? Just like all liberals really. Many don't leave home until they are 26 these days. Used to be at 18 you were on your own. Talking about your feelings? What a pussy. You proved my point!

Right. The first couple of years. While 5-9 year olds are learning the game, score is kept but not emphasized. By age 8....there are competitive TRAVEL TEAMS for softball, baseball,basketball and soccer. If your kid is any good and wants to play the best competition, he or she will be RECRUITED. Practice three times per week....tournaments on weekends and holidays. Hotel stays....the works. He or she will then compete for playing time with other kids. And for some, that takes precedence over he score of the game.

The rec ball rules ( 5 runs per inning per side ) and not emphasizing the score are put in place to allow kids the chance to love the game without crazed parents fucking up the fun.

Learn, then type.

Faux conservatives are always inventing fixes for problems theyve imagined in their brains because when things are "different" from what their "hardships" were, its super spooky.

This is the epitome of the nosey neighbor who sits in a glass house. Bitch you did NOT walk anywhere barefoot, let alone to school in the snow let alone am I even convinced you've got a diploma at all.

What an ironic statement coming from someone on the left. You fuckwits are cultural fascists! You want to sit there and tell everybody what's wrong with them and how society ought to be, what "normal" is and anyone who disagrees is attacked, hooted down, beaten up, called names and denigrated.

The liberal left have become the new "puritans" seeking to define what is and isn't "acceptable" for the rest of society. You want control over the dialogue, the information, the news. You want to indoctrinate our children in schools through to the universities. When someone on the right attempts to engage you in civil debate, you start chanting "SHAME..SHAME...SHAME!" like a bunch of cultists.

So no, sorry... you don't get to lob your weak "nosey neighbor" complaint.

Right. The first couple of years. While 5-9 year olds are learning the game, score is kept but not emphasized. By age 8....there are competitive TRAVEL TEAMS for softball, baseball,basketball and soccer. If your kid is any good and wants to play the best competition, he or she will be RECRUITED. Practice three times per week....tournaments on weekends and holidays. Hotel stays....the works. He or she will then compete for playing time with other kids. And for some, that takes precedence over he score of the game.

The rec ball rules ( 5 runs per inning per side ) and not emphasizing the score are put in place to allow kids the chance to love the game without crazed parents fucking up the fun.

Learn, then type.
Score was not kept.

Hardcore partisan ideologues are a HOOT.

"If I can't defend it, it doesn't exist."

Stop lying, then type. If you can.

What an ironic statement coming from someone on the left. You fuckwits are cultural fascists! You want to sit there and tell everybody what's wrong with them and how society ought to be, what "normal" is and anyone who disagrees is attacked, hooted down, beaten up, called names and denigrated.

The liberal left have become the new "puritans" seeking to define what is and isn't "acceptable" for the rest of society. You want control over the dialogue, the information, the news. You want to indoctrinate our children in schools through to the universities. When someone on the right attempts to engage you in civil debate, you start chanting "SHAME..SHAME...SHAME!" like a bunch of cultists.

Weird I havent done anything you described. Cool story dude.

Kids today are fine. They are more well rounded, more in touch with their world, more involved with their communities and more empathetic toward those less fortunate.
Says someone who leaves the house.

To folks who only watch tv and roll their eyes at it? The world is melting.
Exactly. This is why I don't go out of my way to watch the news because most of it is only going to be about things that are negative. Not enough good is ever put out there to at least try to keep the scale leveled.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Learn, then type.
Score was not kept.

Score was kept. You said as much yourself. Did the fact that you had to keep it detract from your kids' experience?

Did your kid turn out to be a loser due to this horrible PC culture infecting her tee ball career?

Learn, then type.
Score was not kept.

Score was kept. You said as much yourself. Did the fact that you had to keep it detract from your kids' experience?

Did your kid turn out to be a loser due to this horrible PC culture infecting her tee ball career?
No, we all laughed at it.

Better yet, more and more people are laughing at it, every day.

:itsok:

Learn, then type.
Score was not kept.

No, we all laughed at it.

Better yet, more and more people are laughing at it, every day.

:itsok:

Right. You never gave it a moment's serious thought! Yiu just bitch about it years later because it was so cute and funny. I believe you.

Check this out. My daughter is home for the holidays. She's 20 and went through that travel ball experience with softball. She's as tough as nails and extremely competitive. Well....the other day, I presented her with a very nice folding pocket knife ( ask G.T. , he has one ) for her to give to one of her guy friends. Well....she scoffed at me and said dismissively..."or one of my girl friends, right?" She was reprimanding me for being a sexist.

The horror!!!! I immediately went into a furor over this terrible affront to my character!!!!

No....that's what you might have done. I thought about it and determined that she was right. She had exposed my implicit bias. And....I'm still alive!!!!!

• Thanks
Reactions: GT
Just remember that these are not traditional liberals, they're zealots.

Traditional liberals aren't like this. Unfortunately, the zealots are currently the voice of the party.

When has anyone chanted "Shame!" at you?

Why do you think you represent civil discourse?

Every generation has a complaint.

People in the 1920s complained about the youth because they were going to clubs and dancing the charleston and women were wearing short hair cuts and knee length skirts.

In the 60's old geezers complained about youth having sex and smoking weed.

In the 80s and 90s they complained about gen x being

Now folks are complaining about discipline.

Older generations will never be satisfied with younger ones.
You couldn't hit the side of a barn from the inside. It isn't just a matter of complaining about the newest generation, there is a marked lack of discipline, self reliance and self control these days. Many kids are not taught the work ethic or even right or wrong. Moral relativity has taken over moral character. Independence has given way to dependence and group think.

I'll trot out the post election snowflake meltdown as exhibit A. Exhibit B is college safe spaces. Previous generations would be shocked, horrified or greatly amused at the necessity of finding a place where disagreeable thought was not allowed.

Kids do have a work ethic. I am 28 years old. Everyone my age has a job working full time. Of course there are some bums, but you'll find bums in every age group.

What does safe spaces have to do independence? Talking about your feelings is the right thing to do. Older generations winded up being drunks and druggies because they didn't talk about their issues.

It also goes back to who raise them? The good ole days like you admire generated a generation of youth that were rebellious because of their uber strict parenting. Baby boomers are closer to their kids than they were with their parents.

Someone proving the OP's point...^^^^^^^

Forum List

Back