Out like Flynn - National Security Advisor countdown

In this case Trumps approval would make Trump a co-conspirator to commit a federal felony. And as was often talked about when it came to Bill Clinton, the president can't pardon himself.
lol If you're not trying to be funny, get some help, quick!

18 U.S.C. § 371 : US Code - Section 371: Conspiracy to commit offense or to defraud United States -

If two or more persons conspire either to commit any offense against the United States, or to defraud the United States, or any agency thereof in any manner or for any purpose, and one or more of such persons do any act to effect the object of the conspiracy, each shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both.

In this case Trumps approval would make Trump a co-conspirator to commit a federal felony. And as was often talked about when it came to Bill Clinton, the president can't pardon himself.

18 U.S.C. § 371 : US Code - Section 371: Conspiracy to commit offense or to defraud United States -

If two or more persons conspire either to commit any offense against the United States, or to defraud the United States, or any agency thereof in any manner or for any purpose, and one or more of such persons do any act to effect the object of the conspiracy, each shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both.

Instead of going through all these bizarre machinations to try to discredit the President, next time the Democrats might consider nominating some one who is electable.

So your point is only a jackass would take the Logan Act seriously?

It was last amended in 1994.
That's terrific.

It means somebody in the house and the senate took it seriously.
No one ever took it seriously. Logan embarrassed the Adams administration by doing a better job negotiating with France than the government was able to do and Adams took revenge on him by supporting this Act.

Flynn's son had to bow out first, because he was retweeting fake news on Twitter. His old man is just as skeevey and slimy.

Flynn told the Russian ambassador to calm down, that the sanctions would be lifted once Trump got into office. That's nearly word for word, what a private citizen can't do.

Never happened...you're a lying sack of shit.

Maybe planning sanction relief and other initiatives to be implemented if Trump were to be elected. IOW, working to undermine the current administration.
Basically just what the law states.

You mean like in 2012 when Obozo leaned over to the russian Medvedev and said "Tell Vlad after my election I'll have more flexibility"? President Medvedev: "I understand. I will transmit this information to Vladimir, and I stand with you."

Obama to Russia: ‘After My Election I Have More Flexibility’

Maybe planning sanction relief and other initiatives to be implemented if Trump were to be elected. IOW, working to undermine the current administration.

You mean like in 2012 when Obozo leaned over to the russian Medvedev and said "Tell Vlad after my election I'll have more flexibility"? President Medvedev: "I understand. I will transmit this information to Vladimir, and I stand with you."

Obama to Russia: ‘After My Election I Have More Flexibility’

Maybe it may be a shock to you. but in 2012 Obama was the president and constitutionally authorized to negotiate with foreign governments.

Maybe it may be a shock to you. but in 2012 Obama was the president and constitutionally authorized to negotiate with foreign governments.

Maybe it will come as a shock to you that it was a deceitful and duplicitous attempt to mislead the American public and should have led to his impeachment. You've lied all day about Flynn, tried to represent you knew something about the NSA (you don't) and even suggested Trump could be replaced in a coup. You came into USMB on a shovel and you'll go out on one as soon as I relay my suspicions to a mod that you're a sock of a banned poster.

Flynn told the Russian ambassador to calm down, that the sanctions would be lifted once Trump got into office. That's nearly word for word, what a private citizen can't do.

Never happened...you're a lying sack of shit.

There weren't any negotiations. Flynn advised the Russians not to retaliate against Obama's provocations because Trump would take a new attitude if he gets elected. Trump didn't want to inherit an angry Russia, just a wait-and-see one.

Interesting.... how many people from opposite sides of the aisle have to say the same thing,?

18 USC 953 for one, and 18 USC 1001 for the other.

18 USC 953
Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

how does that apply to Flynn?

same with 18 USC 1001

The first word in your post says it all...

'MAYBE'

Nothing to say about the rest of it?

Get some facts, not I heard from a friend of mine, who heard it from a friend of his, who got it from the a member of the White House kitchen helps cousin that....

I got tired of anonymous sources decades ago

What I posted is exactly what's being reported. Get a clue.

The latest is that Flynn has apologized to Pence for "misleading him".

Flynn is on borrowed time.
What will you say when he's canned. Oops?

Maybe it will come as a shock to you that it was a deceitful and duplicitous attempt to mislead the American public and should have led to his impeachment. You've lied all day about Flynn, tried to represent you knew something about the NSA (you don't) and even suggested Trump could be replaced in a coup. You came into USMB on a shovel and you'll go out on one as soon as I relay my suspicions to a mod that you're a sock of a banned poster.

Lying to the people isn't a crime. Or everyone from "read my lips" to "in my heart Ii didn't trade arms for hostages" would have been gone.

18 USC 953
Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

same with 18 USC 1001

'MAYBE'

Get some facts, not I heard from a friend of mine, who heard it from a friend of his, who got it from the a member of the White House kitchen helps cousin that....

Goodbye

If I even say that.

18 USC 953

same with 18 USC 1001

'MAYBE'

Drip drip drip

Forum List

Back