Outrage grows after South Carolina officer throws student in classroom

I don't know what the rules are/were for the officer. If he broke rules, then that's it, he pays the appropriate price.

Sadly though, the PC Police are doing what they always do: Largely ignoring all the several rules broken by the student, painting her as an innocent, helpless abuse victim, and continuing the cynical and vile tradition of effectively enabling poor behavior by (especially) young blacks.

American Blacks continue to be victimized by the PC Police.
Thats called false equivalence. Its a logical fallacy based in the belief that her actions were the same as the feral chimp cop..

I don't know what the rules are/were for the officer. If he broke rules, then that's it, he pays the appropriate price.

Sadly though, the PC Police are doing what they always do: Largely ignoring all the several rules broken by the student, painting her as an innocent, helpless abuse victim, and continuing the cynical and vile tradition of effectively enabling poor behavior by (especially) young blacks.

No. We are saying you don't have to resort to beating up a child when the child is being a brat. You are one unimaginative person. There are a lot of other tools in the toolbox beside truncheons and jackboots.

PLEASE...detail "lots of other tools" that can be used every day...probably several times a day...by cops in these...um...diverse high schools to remove students who are determined not to be removed?
You tell the kid to turn over the phone. If she doesn't turn over the phone, you tell the brat to go to the office. If she doesn't go to the office, you give her detention. If she doesn't show up for detention, you suspend her.

DONE! No cops needed.

They did all that.

Nope. They did not assign detention. They did not suspend her. They called a cop instead.

You don't need her ass out of the building immediately. It's not like she's plugging in a clock bomb...

'Outrage grows after South Carolina officer throws student in classroom'
- LINK: Outrage grows after South Carolina officer tosses student - CNN.com

SUMMARY:
Girl disrupts the class and refuses to leave when told to by the teacher. She continues. The teacher calls the office to have the uniformed officer there at school come remove her. The officer tells her to stand up. She refuses. He tells her again. She refuses. He asks her if she is going to get up, or is she going to make him get her up. She refuses. He grabs the girl - she starts fighting the officer, refusing to stand up (DISOBEYING A POLICE OFFICER'S ORDERS). In the ensuing tussle her desk flips backwards, and she and the desk fall to the floor with the officer still holding on to her and the desk. He then grabs her by the collar/shirt, pulls her towards the front of the room as she is face down, and 'throws'/'tosses her towards the front. He then steps up and demands she give him her hands so he can place handcuffs on her and explains she is now under arrest. She refuses. He orders her to do this 9 (NINE) times with her refusing - disobeying him and fighting him the whole time - until he finally grabs her arms behind her back, puts the cuffs on her, and takes her out of the class room.

Many people have gone nuts over this.
The policeman has been placed on administration duty, meaning he doesn't get to go back to the school (or any school) but is still being allowed to sit a desk and work.

SO WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Here are MY thoughts, looking at this as if I were the girl's father:
She was completely in the wrong for disrupting the class.

She should have obeyed the teacher and gone to the principal's office.

He was right in calling for the cop since she refused to stop and refused to obey.

I have no problem with the policeman trying to remove her from the chair as she disobeyed a policeman's orders...repeatedly.

She fought with him and in getting her out of the chair it flipped over - I still have no problem with it. SHE caused that to happen, not him, because of her disobedience.

I do have a problem with him dragging and tossing her by the collar. I understand he was very mad at this point - I would be, too - but still, that was 'excessive'.

I have no problem with him cuffing her and arresting her.

As a parent I would not have immediately rushed to condemn the policeman because it is more than obvious that this girl was being unruly, disruptive, belligerent, un-cooperative, disrespectful, refused to obey her elder/teacher, refused to comply with a police officer's orders - repeatedly, and fought (with) the officer, also known as 'resisting arrest'.

Putting the cop on administrative duty, maybe even never allowing him to pull duty at schools (maybe), is a great idea; however, I would have to admit as a parent 90% of this entire episode was 'my daughter's fault. I would be whoopin' her arse at home and going over EVERYTHING she did wrong to ensure it never happened again. Her behavior was embarrassing / pathetic / inexcusable.

...but that's just me.

Don't see what the big deal is. An idiot teenager thinks her shit don't stink.
Princess found out if you continue to disobey an officer you will be forcibly restrained. A headlock is not the same as being choked. She wasn't injured at all which means the officer did exactly what he was supposed to.

Just another shit stirring attempt by the race baiters because it's a white cop.

You have no idea how this works. He's going to be just fine. I know you Leftists want to DESTROY anyone you don't like, but it's not going to happen. Then you can moan about how racist America is when he gets an even higher paying police job after winning a lawsuit.
There is no limit to the number of police agencies lining up to hire a guaranteed lawsuit generator. Wouldn't you want to be the police commander who hires this guy -- so you can explain it to the Mayor when the known violence-prone loose-cannon beats some drunk to death for public urination?

I feel sorry for this cop because the little bitch he did his Hulk Hogan number on deserved every bit of it. The problem is that's not what kids are supposed to see, and it's not what a lot of ordinary Americans want to see. They don't want cops who behave that way when it is not necessary. That recalcitrant girl could have been removed in a much less spectacular manner.

HOW? She was determined to keep her ass in that desk in that room. Any attempt to remove her was gonna get ugly. They wanted the bitch out...gone...immediately.

So....how?

You have no idea how this works. He's going to be just fine. I know you Leftists want to DESTROY anyone you don't like, but it's not going to happen. Then you can moan about how racist America is when he gets an even higher paying police job after winning a lawsuit.
There is no limit to the number of police agencies lining up to hire a guaranteed lawsuit generator. Wouldn't you want to be the police commander who hires this guy -- so you can explain it to the Mayor when the known violence-prone loose-cannon beats some drunk to death for public urination?

I feel sorry for this cop because the little bitch he did his Hulk Hogan number on deserved every bit of it. The problem is that's not what kids are supposed to see, and it's not what a lot of ordinary Americans want to see. They don't want cops who behave that way when it is not necessary. That recalcitrant girl could have been removed in a much less spectacular manner.
I'm glad you said that. If true, then the lawyer will ask for a judgment that covers an entire law enforcement career including promotions and pension pay.

I don't think it's true though. Since this officer is clearly in the right and even has support in the law enforcement community, I'm sure he'll find work.

No. We are saying you don't have to resort to beating up a child when the child is being a brat. You are one unimaginative person.
Perfect example, thanks.
There are other tools in the toolbox beside truncheons and jackboots, you idiot.

You tell the kid to turn over the phone. If she doesn't turn over the phone, you tell the brat to go to the office. If she doesn't go to the office, you give her detention. If she doesn't show up for detention, you suspend her.

DONE!

THEY DID ALL THAT YOU MORON. None of it worked.

They were kicking her bitch ass OUT OF CLASS. Gone. Bye. Get out.

And she was determined NOT TO GET UP.

How do you handle it???

No, they did not do all that.

DONE!

They never used detention or suspension. They called the cop instead.

Hey moron....IMMEDIATE suspension. As in...get up...NOW...and leave.

Oh wait...if a student is disrupting class...you think they should be allowed to stay??? Detention?? What if she doesn't show up??

You libs are so retarded it's actually entertaining.
Let us know when that is a crime. A resource officer cannot touch her unless she commits a crime.

You're on record saying you don't give a damn about the genocide of Native Americans. That's why I nicknamed you Chief Sellout.

No, I never said that. Now you're lying.
Nope, I remember it well, even if you do not. That's why I came up with the nickname.
I told you my position. I've been very clear.

Stop lying, Leftists!
I never lie here, it's unnecessary. If I cared I could probably find your quote, but I don't.

I can sympathize with not being able to find a quote, but I never advocated for the genocide of Native Americans. My position is very complex but very clear, but, as you said, you don't care what it actually is. You're right, you are being honest....about not caring about the truth.
On this thanksgiving day - Thank a White Male | Page 3 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

I didn't say you advocated for it, I said you didn't fucking care and are an apologist for Whitey, who slaughtered your kind.

No. We are saying you don't have to resort to beating up a child when the child is being a brat. You are one unimaginative person.
Perfect example, thanks.
There are other tools in the toolbox beside truncheons and jackboots, you idiot.

DONE!

How do you handle it???

DONE!

Oh wait...if a student is disrupting class...you think they should be allowed to stay??? Detention?? What if she doesn't show up??

Wow. I enlarged and bolded it, and you STILL don't see it. Let's try that again:

If she doesn't show up for detention, you suspend her.

HOW? She was determined to keep her ass in that desk in that room. Any attempt to remove her was gonna get ugly. They wanted the bitch out...gone...immediately.

So....how?
Drag the desk into the hallway you idiot.

No. We are saying you don't have to resort to beating up a child when the child is being a brat. You are one unimaginative person. There are a lot of other tools in the toolbox beside truncheons and jackboots.

PLEASE...detail "lots of other tools" that can be used every day...probably several times a day...by cops in these...um...diverse high schools to remove students who are determined not to be removed?

DONE! No cops needed.

They did all that.

Nope. They did not assign detention. They did not suspend her. They called a cop instead.

You don't need her ass out of the building immediately. It's not like she's plugging in a clock bomb...

Hey fucktard....it's an IMMEDIATE suspension when you get the cops called on you to have you removed.

As a parent...how would you like knowing your kids class is disrupted daily because brats can't be removed??

She was being KICKED OUT. Immediately. That's why they called cops.

So...how?

Perfect example, thanks.

DONE!

How do you handle it???

DONE!

Wow. I enlarged and bolded it, and you STILL don't see it. Let's try that again:

So....your stance is she is not to be removed from class. Right?? Even if she's disrupting it?

I'm glad you said that. If true, then the lawyer will ask for a judgment that covers an entire law enforcement career including promotions and pension pay.

I don't think it's true though. Since this officer is clearly in the right and even has support in the law enforcement community, I'm sure he'll find work.
No one is going to hire this pig, with all that hanging over his head and this viral video. He's fucked, and anyone with common sense knows it.

DONE! No cops needed.

They did all that.

Hey fucktard....it's an IMMEDIATE suspension when you get the cops called on you to have you removed.

As a parent...how would you like knowing your kids class is disrupted daily because brats can't be removed??

She was being KICKED OUT. Immediately. That's why they called cops.

So...how?
No wonder you never got promoted past beat cop. You have trouble deescalating situations.

Nope. She acted like a little bitch. Not innocent. She was wrong. She deserved some form of discipline.

However, she did not deserve to be assaulted by the cop.

Earmuffs, bitch.

DONE!

How do you handle it???

DONE!

So....your stance is she is not to be removed from class. Right?? Even if she's disrupting it?

Right.

If a teacher cannot figure out how to handle a disruptive student, she shouldn't be a teacher.

So, no. Having a cell phone is not worthy of immediate ejection. You tell the kid to shut it off and put it away or you confiscate it. If you have established your authority over the children prior to this event, 99 percent of them will obey.

If the kid continues to resist, you tell them to go to the office.

If they refuse, you assign them detention, and then proceed to teach whatever is on the agenda for the day.

Later, if the kid does not show up for detention, you suspend them.

DONE! No cops needed.

I'm still wrestling with the (non)actions of the other kids in the class around the incident. None of them that are visible even move a muscle in reaction to what's going down, with the exception of the girl sitting behind the fracas whose desk took the force of the flying furniture and was nearly impaled, and even in her case the reaction is minimal, mostly from the shock wave. But she and everybody else sits perfectly still, they don't even look at what's going on except surreptitiously.

Grappling with what that means, I'm guessing that (a) they see this kind of abuse so often it becomes a "here we go again" moment, and', mostly it means (b) that they're trying to stay as inconspicuous as possible, knowing that to get noticed is to get put next in line for a beatdown. That's why they avoid eye contact with the thug.

That's my best guess, and if it's accurate it speaks volumes.

DONE!

How do you handle it???

DONE!

DONE!

How do you handle it???

DONE!

Airline rules backed by federal laws allow crews to turn a plane back to the gate and toss passengers off flights to prevent disputes in the air.

Teachers all over America deal with cell phones in the classroom every day. They don't call the cops and have the kid beaten.

Teachers all over America deal with disruptive students in the classroom every day. They don't call the cops and have the kid beaten.

They HANDLE it.

I'm still wrestling with the (non)actions of the other kids in the class around the incident. None of them that are visible even move a muscle in reaction to what's going down, with the exception of the girl sitting behind the fracas whose desk took the force of the flying furniture and was nearly impaled, and even in her case the reaction is minimal, mostly from the shock wave. But she and everybody else sits perfectly still, doesn't even look at what's going on except surreptitiously.

Grappling with what that means, I'm guessing that (a) they see this kind of abuse so often it becomes a "here we go again", and (b) mostly that they're trying to stay as inconspicuous as possible, knowing that to get noticed is to get next in line. That's why they avoid eye contact with the thug.

That's my best guess, and if it's accurate it speaks volumes.
Fear response. He was known as "Officer Slam". It was known he was a violent dangerous man. With the ease at which cops get off assaulting people in the Black community I'm pretty sure none of them wanted to take a bullet. For this one cave monkey there are probably 40 more that get away with the same crap on a daily basis. I know I witnessed this type of behavior from cops daily where I grew up.

How do you handle it???

DONE!

How do you handle it???

DONE!

Airline rules backed by federal laws allow crews to turn a plane back to the gate and toss passengers off flights to prevent disputes in the air.
A classroom is not a heavily laden aircraft at 30,000 feet.

Forum List

Back