Outrageous: Federal Appeals Court Says New Orleans Can Remove Patriotic Confederate Statues

After the war, however, Beauregard advocated reconciliation between Democrats and Republicans in city and state politics, a move many former Confederates saw as a betrayal of “the Cause.” Though a proud and loyal southerner, the Times-Picayune declared, “in peace, he forgot he hated Yankees.” After the Civil War ended, Beauregard became president of the Jackson and Great Northern Railroad, and was perhaps the most prosperous of the eight Confederate full generals as well as the most easily adapted to life in the New South. General Beauregard Statue - Stop 1 of 13 in the City Park tourStop 4 of 4 in the Confederate Monuments in New Orleans tour | New Orleans Historical BTW anyone claining theyve been to New Orleans several times and never saw any of these is either blind, lying, or camped in their hotels immediate area.

Or we don't go to New Orleans to look at statues. The architecture catches my eye far more than statues.

The only reason I know where the Lee statue is is that I needed to know where "Lee Circle" is to get places. Never actually looked at it.

As I read your post I remembered that the Hotel Modern was on Lee Circle. So I have seen the statue. I just didn't pay much attention to it. Seemed to be quite a few bums and shady looking characters handing around it. But the hotel was nice enough. Stayed there my last trip down for Xmas in Nawlins.

Who said anything about going to see it intentionally. Lee Statue is very prominent on the trolly line i believe headed out of CBD towards Superdome. Around it were the WWII museum and a Civil war museum.

Yeah, I mentioned that I remembered seeing it in the middle of Lee Circle. I can't say I paid much attention. And it certainly would not have changed my trip at all if it was removed.

Let the people of New Orleans decide.

Statues upset the tender delicacies of dumbfuck leftist snowflakes.

Morons
Funny no one has mentioned his reconciliation stance......something we could use now and blacks continue to act as though they were just freed

It's just more whining and moaning by the whining and moaning left loons. You can't erase history

Is anyone talking about erasing history? Or are they just removing a few statues? I think if they remove the statues, there will still be museums and history texts will still have a chapter on the Civil War.

After the war, however, Beauregard advocated reconciliation between Democrats and Republicans in city and state politics, a move many former Confederates saw as a betrayal of “the Cause.” Though a proud and loyal southerner, the Times-Picayune declared, “in peace, he forgot he hated Yankees.” After the Civil War ended, Beauregard became president of the Jackson and Great Northern Railroad, and was perhaps the most prosperous of the eight Confederate full generals as well as the most easily adapted to life in the New South. General Beauregard Statue - Stop 1 of 13 in the City Park tourStop 4 of 4 in the Confederate Monuments in New Orleans tour | New Orleans Historical BTW anyone claining theyve been to New Orleans several times and never saw any of these is either blind, lying, or camped in their hotels immediate area.

Or we don't go to New Orleans to look at statues. The architecture catches my eye far more than statues.

The only reason I know where the Lee statue is is that I needed to know where "Lee Circle" is to get places. Never actually looked at it.

As I read your post I remembered that the Hotel Modern was on Lee Circle. So I have seen the statue. I just didn't pay much attention to it. Seemed to be quite a few bums and shady looking characters handing around it. But the hotel was nice enough. Stayed there my last trip down for Xmas in Nawlins.
We were in town once just before Katrina at the Windsor Court. Wife didnt get to sample as much of the cuisine as she wanted due to the need to make sure wherever we ate there was something on the menu the daughters would eat....who were very young. Beauty of the city is so much to see on foot.....think we used the car once while we were there.

Yep, I've stayed in that hotel too even though I was a resident (work perk). Very strange out-of-character place for N'awlins I thought. But yeah, what the statue looks like ---- couldn't say.

We were in town once just before Katrina at the Windsor Court. Wife didnt get to sample as much of the cuisine as she wanted due to the need to make sure wherever we ate there was something on the menu the daughters would eat....who were very young. Beauty of the city is so much to see on foot.....think we used the car once while we were there.

We went there for Xmas a couple of years ago. Parked the car after we unloaded luggage at the hotel, and didn't get back in it until it was time to go.

FYI, there is a bar at the edge of the French Quarter called Rosie's. On Thanksgiving and Xmas they have a covered dish event. People (mostly locals) bring food. If you bring something you eat for free. One of the best meals I have had in New Orleans, and that is saying something. Plus, we walked into a bar full of strangers, and in 15 minutes we were eating and drinking with a whole bunch of new friends. Good times.

Yep, I've stayed in that hotel too even though I was a resident (work perk). Very strange out-of-character place for N'awlins I thought. But yeah, what the statue looks like ---- couldn't say.

It certainly didn't seem very New Orleansish. But it was a nice enough place, and pet friendly.

Morons
Funny no one has mentioned his reconciliation stance......something we could use now and blacks continue to act as though they were just freed

It's just more whining and moaning by the whining and moaning left loons. You can't erase history

Is anyone talking about erasing history? Or are they just removing a few statues? I think if they remove the statues, there will still be museums and history texts will still have a chapter on the Civil War.

What's so upsetting about a statue you leftist morons feel it needs to be removed?

Just more whining and moaning for some idiotic BS. Man up already

Morons

What's so upsetting about a statue you leftist morons feel it needs to be removed?

Just more whining and moaning for some idiotic BS. Man up already

You would have to ask the people (and the city council) of New Orleans.

A better question might be why people who do not live in New Orleans think they have a say in it.

Morons

Pretty ironic how you wanna talk about "whining and moaning" and then immediately make the leap to "erasing history".

Got zip to do with erasing history. It's got to do with what the city would like to project as an image, and what it wouldn't.

Here, read this plaque:

DSCF43162.jpg

Oh wait --- you can't read it. It was deliberately turned around backward.

Here's what it used to look like before that:

plaque1_6.gif

---- and yet...... I knew all this without the plaque. It's all over the history books.

Amazing that history wasn't "erased" huh?

We went there for Xmas a couple of years ago. Parked the car after we unloaded luggage at the hotel, and didn't get back in it until it was time to go.

FYI, there is a bar at the edge of the French Quarter called Rosie's. On Thanksgiving and Xmas they have a covered dish event. People (mostly locals) bring food. If you bring something you eat for free. One of the best meals I have had in New Orleans, and that is saying something. Plus, we walked into a bar full of strangers, and in 15 minutes we were eating and drinking with a whole bunch of new friends. Good times.
Customer of mine familiar with the area said we needed to hit O'Briens
which we were going to do the last night, hotel had free daycare but we either missed the 24hr notification rule or it it wasnt prominently posted so we missed it. Some day though....Its on the list to revisit

Morons

Pretty ironic how you wanna talk about "whining and moaning" and then immediately make the leap to "erasing history".

Got zip to do with erasing history. It's got to do with what the city would like to project as an image, and what it wouldn't.

Here, read this plaque:

DSCF43162.jpg

plaque1_6.gif

---- and yet...... I knew all this without the plaque. It's all over the history books.

Stop being an annoying troll.

You have to be pretty worthless and weak to let a goddamn statue cause you so much grief. But you're leftists and have to have something to bitch and moan about. It's what snowflakes do

This is highly outrageous and unacceptable. It is a teachable moment for whites that non-whites led by the Jews have every intention of erasing their existence from the face of the Earth. It is also a teachable moment about the dangers of Jewish supremacy in our own homelands, or anywhere else for that matter.

www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/03/07/518986603/new-orleans-can-remove-confederate-statues-federal-appeals-court-says

Any argument you had, as weak as it may be, went right out the window when you resulted to mental midget Jewish conspiracy!

This effort is being spearheaded by Mitch Landrieu. He is a Catholic, the judge that made the ruling is not Jewish either. Sorry to burst your bubble but blame Christians for this.

On merit the removal is a good thing. Robert Lee was a traitor who let a rebellion against the US. He doesn't deserve praise he deserve condemnation!

Why are you a traitor to this nation!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

This is highly outrageous and unacceptable. It is a teachable moment for whites that non-whites led by the Jews have every intention of erasing their existence from the face of the Earth. It is also a teachable moment about the dangers of Jewish supremacy in our own homelands, or anywhere else for that matter.

www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/03/07/518986603/new-orleans-can-remove-confederate-statues-federal-appeals-court-says

Any argument you had, as weak as it may be, went right out the window when you resulted to mental midget Jewish conspiracy!

This effort is being spearheaded by Mitch Landrieu. He is a Catholic, the judge that made the ruling is not Jewish either. Sorry to burst your bubble but blame Christians for this.

On merit the removal is a good thing. Robert Lee was a traitor who let a rebellion against the US. He doesn't deserve praise he deserve condemnation!

Robert E Lee was torn in which side he should fight on and ultimately ended up going with the Confederacy due to his home state of Virginia's stance

If people are going to comment on history they should at least have some clue of it

Morons

Here, read this plaque:

DSCF43162.jpg

plaque1_6.gif

You have to be pretty worthless and weak to let a goddamn statue cause you so much grief. But you're leftists and have to have something to bitch and moan about. It's what snowflakes do

Once again, it is up to the people and city council of New Orleans.

But having a statue that celebrates someone who fought to keep your ancestors enslaved might cause some ill will. Not up to me to say.

But I do find it amusing that you accuse us of being leftists, while we are saying let the people of the city decide. I was not aware that rightists believed in forcing people (and local gov'ts) to keep statues they don't want, when they don't even live there.

Morons

Here, read this plaque:

DSCF43162.jpg

plaque1_6.gif

Once again, Debbie Meltdowner --- I haven't even commented on "bitching and moaning about statues". It's not my city any more, so it's not my business what it does with ITS OWN LAND. I don't give a shit what the city does with 'em.

My point stands. Yours, about "erasing history, got shot down. Whine all you want but there ain't nuttin' you can do about it.

Robert E Lee was torn in which side he should fight on and ultimately ended up going with the Confederacy due to his home state of Virginia's stance

If people are going to comment on history they should at least have some clue of it

And removing a single statue of Robert E. Lee will remove his legacy forever and he will then be forgotten?

Forum List

Back