Over 1 million people lose their health insurance in California to Obamacare!

Yes this is going on all over the nation. Americans were promised by Obama 32 times that they could keep their insurance if they liked it, and nothing would change. IT WAS A LIE: Now they're being forced into polices that are much more expensive and into coverage they will never use--like maternity coverage. 50-60 year old's with maternity coverage. It's ridiculous.

Obama needed those in the individual insurance market to pay for Obamacare. They continually lied about it--and now the pain is here. In 2014 this virus moves into the employer mandate--and we will see millions of others get these cancellation notices.

Liar--Liar--Pants on fire:

139993_600.jpg

federal law requires policies to offer minimum levels of coverage

Republicans love LESS than minimum. They love mediocre. They love failure. Such pitiful people.

I also loved not paying for prenatal care, considering I'm a man and not real likely to carry a baby to term. That substandard plans you love trotting out for soundbites meant not being charged for a boat load of services I will never use. But it's not like facts really matter when you can just twist the truth and go for the gotcha moment.

Republicans love LESS than minimum. They love mediocre. They love failure. Such pitiful people.

Yes... the same people that passed ACA (Federal Law!) by just 7 votes ALSO LIKE YOU still believe there were 46 million "uninsured" that needed ACA!
This total ignorance of the FACT that:
of the 46 million 10 million are according to the Census NOT CITIZENS... and Obama assures us THEY should not be counted.. but they were!
That leaves 36 million.
Of the 36 million there are 14 million that when asked by the Census "are you insured?" said no! BUT they were at the poverty level that all they need do is register with Medicaid! BAM... Covered. So subtract those 14 million from 36 million..leaves 22 million!
Now the most egregious falsehood was counting 18 million people THAT didn't want health insurance as they are under 34! That could afford their employers' plans as they make over $50,000 but spend less then $1,000 a year on health services while most had inexpensive catastrophic insurance!
YET they were FALSELY included in the 46 million number that was gigantic hoax put on Congress and evidently idiots like YOU!
Subtract that 18 million from the 22 million leaves 4 million!

AND NOW we will have millions more BECAUSE they were happy with not paying for birth control or other stupid services that says ONE SIZE FITS ALL!

4 million and idiots like you think ACA is an improvement? If you can't even do simple arithmetic how in the hell can you understand health insurance, medical liability ratios,
risk assessments all the nuances that have for many years been refined and NOW completely thrown out the window!
Stupid inclusive smokers/non-smokers for example are causing premiums to rise!
It has to if anyone understands and that is simply due to banning "pre-existing conditions"!
Do you understand! These stupid people write a law that has spawned over 34,000 pages of rules and regulations all with the objective of destroying
$100 billion a year in federal/state/local tax paying businesses and putting 400,000 people out of work!
Is that smart especially when you Obama et.al. can't even subtract 42 million from 46 million???

Mine is being cancelled December 15.

Wait until the news hits all 57 states. There's going to be a shitstorm.

It appears that Democrats on the hill have pushed the panic button. Obama's approval rating has fallen off of a cliff in the last month--and most noteworthy--52% don't trust him anymore.
Obamacare Arrives 3 Years Later, Little Understood and Not Well-Liked - ABC News

Anyway according to rumors on the hill top democrats--who are getting thousands of complaint calls from constituents about losing their insurance--have now given Obama 72 hours to DO SOMETHING.

If he doesn't they are going to cross isle to house republicans to fix this bill where Americans can keep their insurance as promised. BUT house republicans are going to want more fixes to Obamacare--most likely in the employer mandate--so millions more don't lose their current insurance.

Obama doesn't want any changes. He was depending on the individual market to help pay for Obamacare--and if they're allowed to keep their insurance--just how is he going to pay for Obamacare--that doesn't add "a dime to the deficit" promise he also made many times.

So this is going to get real interesting over the next several weeks.

Democrats DEFECTING and trying to distance themselves from Obamacare even though they voted for it.

ship_obama_dems_jumping_overboard_cartoon_xlarge.jpeg

Statistism sickens me. Why people actually WANT more government intervening in their lives is an enigma. But that's beside the point.

The point is, good. Millions of people are losing INSURANCE (a device to manage risk) and the blame falls squarely on the Democrat (statist) Party. That party is fucked for a decade if the Repubs can sell Rubio or Cruz to the Hispanics.

Americans love choices. Me being 60 years old--I really don't need maternity insurance. Me being healthy--I can choose for a higher deductible with doctor co-pays and making a choice to pay for my own prescription drugs. I can make a choice for higher deductibles--for a lower premiums if I dam well please.

Therefore--because of Obamacare the policy of my choosing is being cancelled--(after Obama promised me and the entire country--that if we liked our policy we could keep it--and nothing would change.) HE LIED and HE LIED 32 times.

Americans that get on these state run web-sites for Obamacare are horrified at the cost. They're outrageous--there is nothing affordable about the "Affordable Health Care Act."

PURPOSE OF OBAMACARE: To insure the uninsured. EFFECT OF OBAMACARE: Unisuring the insured.

139880_600.jpg

Last edited:

One by one so many of these stories are being debunked.
I happened to turn on the Hannity show on Fox News last Friday evening. “Average Americans are feeling the pain of Obamacare and the healthcare overhaul train wreck,” Hannity announced, “and six of them are here tonight to tell us their stories.” Three married couples were neatly arranged in his studio, the wives seated and the men standing behind them, like game show contestants.

As Hannity called on each of them, the guests recounted their “Obamacare” horror stories: canceled policies, premium hikes, restrictions on the freedom to see a doctor of their choice, financial burdens upon their small businesses and so on.

“These are the stories that the media refuses to cover,” Hannity interjected.

But none of it smelled right to me. Nothing these folks were saying jibed with the basic facts of the Affordable Care Act as I understand them. I understand them fairly well; I have worked as a senior adviser to a governor and helped him deal with the new federal rules.
I don’t doubt that these six individuals believe that Obamacare is a disaster; but none of them had even visited the insurance exchange. And some of them appear to have taken actions (Paul Cox, for example) based on a general pessimistic belief about Obamacare. He’s certainly entitled to do so, but Hannity is not entitled to point to Paul’s behavior as an “Obamacare train wreck story” and maintain any credibility that he might have as a journalist.
Inside the Fox News lie machine: I fact-checked Sean Hannity on Obamacare - Salon.com

Keep in mind that the insurance companies are canceling policy's, not the government, when the policy's can easily be revised.

Keep in mind that the insurance companies are canceling policy's, not the government, when the policy's can easily be revised.

And then they're offering their clients a new policy...which may or may not be more expensive...

Well, if you think it's bad in California, there are 400,000 people here who lost their insurance, I came across a picture one of my Facebook feeds posted:

1425772_265803933569607_2084000393_n.jpg

If this doesn't prove how much of a failure Obamacare is, nothing will.

Last edited:

And then they're offering their clients a new policy...which may or may not be more expensive...

Why a new policy when the existing policy can be amended?

What if they don't want it amended? Perhaps they like it the way it is? Did that ever occur to you? The law is giving the insurance companies no options. So to blame insurance companies for cancelling insurance out of spite or ill will is dishonest. Why not make a law giving people their healthcare plans back?

Why a new policy when the existing policy can be amended?

It's so they can con more money out of policy holders.
They rely on the client having heard all the horror stories and not having the nous to go to the exchange to check out new prices.
We're all now quite familiar with the reported claims by hundreds of people that they've received letters from their health insurance company that their plans have been "Cancelled Due to ObamaCare". We all know that this wasn't supposed to happen, that the President promised it wouldn't happen and even though many of these plans are only cancelled because they're essentially useless due to their exorbitant co-pays and deductibles that argument hasn't yet been entirely convincing.
Because it hasn't, that is A LIE - Obamacare didn't Cancel their plan.

Plans that were in place since March of 2010 (prior to the Affordable Care Act) were "Grandfathered" and excluded from many of the laws requirements so that they wouldn't be cancelled. ObamaCare doesn't FORCE those plans to remain, but it doesn't FORCE them to be cancelled either. TPM reports now that the Insurance Companies themselves have deliberately sent out these cancellation notices, along with automatic renewals into higher rate plans before Oct 1st as a means of preventing people from Shopping on the Exchange and finding better, cheaper plans.

In short, this is all an Insurance Industry Scam to gouge their customers, blame Obamacare for it, and prevent them from taking advantage of improved coverage and savings that the ACA actually provides.
Daily Kos: How "ObamaCare Cancelled Your Plan" is really an Insurance Co Scam to Rip You Off

Sneaky, huh?

BS!

Policies are being cancelled because..

wait for it...

wait for it...

It's the law of the land!​

Many policies were made illegal under ACA.

BUT there is some good news!
To do that, they would have to open it up to everyone to purchase any type of plan they want. Purchasing a plan that contains all the provisions of the ACA would easily double in cost. This may actually end up being what happens at some point, but it would be very difficult to change it immediately. Even if they did that, many policies would still increase in cost.

It CAN be done!!!

During a press conference on Tuesday, California Insurance Commissioner Dave Jones (D) is scheduled to announce a required delay in the cancellation of about 104,000 Anthem Blue Cross health plans that do not meet the Affordable Care Act's requirements, the San Francisco Business Times' "Bay Area BizTalk" reports (Rauber, "Bay Area BizTalk," San Francisco Business Times, 11/11).
Calif. Requires Anthem Blue Cross To Delay Cancellation of Plans - California Healthline

The move follows a similar state order issued to Blue Shield of California last week.

Calif. Officials Require Blue Shield To Delay Policy Cancellations - California Healthline

I think they love having something that they can afford that meets their personal standards. Not some standard set by suits in a dark room somewhere

-Geaux

Forum List

Back