Over 1 million people lose their health insurance in California to Obamacare!

In short, this is all an Insurance Industry Scam to gouge their customers, blame Obamacare for it, and prevent them from taking advantage of improved coverage and savings that the ACA actually provides.

Daily Kos: How "ObamaCare Cancelled Your Plan" is really an Insurance Co Scam to Rip You Off

^^^debunked^^^​

Sneaky, huh?

No, not sneaky at all!

It's the law of the land!

To your assertion in bold---

Who gave permission for the "Insurance Industry Scam to gouge their customers"?
Who wrote and passed the ACA?

savings?

:rofl:

:lmao:

Last edited:
Hello,
We have to remember that these people are politicians first and foremost. There really are no statesmen left, only politicians and it's damn sad for America no matter which side of the aisle you're on.

Did anyone really believe Obama when he repeatedly told us about keeping our healthcare coverage. I know I didn't. He's just a politician, after all.

The Democrats I think are great at winning elections, but that doesn't help the country. The ACA is the single most destructive piece of legislation in American history, in my opinion. History will tell the story eventually

It's almost too late for me, but I'm worried about my kids, and their kids. This is not the country I grew up in, far from it, and I think both parties have a hand in that. They base their decisions on whether or not they'll get re-elected, not what's good for the country.

Anyone should be able to see that the ACA is terrible for this country and will not work.

federal law requires policies to offer minimum levels of coverage

Republicans love LESS than minimum. They love mediocre. They love failure. Such pitiful people.

Democrats love taking away freedom of choice and forcing people to do things their way. They simply can't mind their own business, such pitiful fascists.....

Keep in mind that the insurance companies are canceling policy's, not the government, when the policy's can easily be revised.

Right, it's a conspiracy by the insurance companies, not because of Obammycare regulations.....:cuckoo:

Loyal Obama Supporters, Canceled by Obamacare

Update Nov. 7: More About Why Two Obama Loyalists Lost Their Health Policies

San Francisco architect Lee Hammack says he and his wife, JoEllen Brothers, are “cradle Democrats.” They have donated to the liberal group Organizing for America and worked the phone banks a year ago for President Obama’s re-election.

Since 1995, Hammack and Brothers have received their health coverage from Kaiser Permanente, where Brothers worked until 2009 as a dietitian and diabetes educator. “We’ve both been in very good health all of our lives – exercise, don’t smoke, drink lightly, healthy weight, no health issues, and so on,” Hammack told me.

The couple — Lee, 60, and JoEllen, 59 — have been paying $550 a month for their health coverage — a plan that offers solid coverage, not one of the skimpy plans Obama has criticized. But recently, Kaiser informed them the plan would be canceled at the end of the year because it did not meet the requirements of the Affordable Care Act. The couple would need to find another one. The cost would be around double what they pay now, but the benefits would be worse.

“From all of the sob stories I’ve heard and read, ours is the most extreme,” Lee told me in an email last week.

Read more here: Loyal Obama Supporters, Canceled by Obamacare - ProPublica

federal law requires policies to offer minimum levels of coverage

Republicans love LESS than minimum. They love mediocre. They love failure. Such pitiful people.

This is the primary argument used by the apologists. The government has come up with "minimum standards", and in the eyes of the apologists, those standards are therefore immediately sacrosanct. Because the government came up with them. So any plan that does not meet those standards should be shunned and mocked.

Their intense devotion to and affection for government is simply amazing to watch.

Last edited:
In short, this is all an Insurance Industry Scam to gouge their customers, blame Obamacare for it, and prevent them from taking advantage of improved coverage and savings that the ACA actually provides.

Daily Kos: How "ObamaCare Cancelled Your Plan" is really an Insurance Co Scam to Rip You Off

^^^debunked^^^​

Sneaky, huh?

No, not sneaky at all!

savings?

I'm not sure, do you have a theory?

Congress, the same as for most laws.

^^^debunked^^^​

Sneaky, huh?

No, not sneaky at all!

savings?

Fine ~ Which 'party' controlled the house, senate and Presidency?

What was the vote among party line to pass this law?

Again ~ Who wrote and passed the ACA?

No 'theory' only fact.

No, not sneaky at all!

savings?

No 'theory' only fact.

It doesn't matter what the numbers were...it passed through Congress using the constitutional process.

Do you scrutinise every law for validity based on the numbers it passed by?
If so, what do you consider the ratio of support/opposition after which you consider a law to be invalid?

No 'theory' only fact.

It doesn't matter what the numbers were...it passed through Congress using the constitutional process.

If so, what do you consider the ratio of support/opposition after which you consider a law to be invalid?

Disagree with the bold.
The law was rammed through the Dem controlled House, through the Dem controlled Senate and signed into law by President Obama.

Not a single Rep voted for it.
Doesn't that fact give you pause for concern?

No 'theory' only fact.

Disagree with the bold.
The law was rammed through the Dem controlled House, through the Dem controlled Senate and signed into law by President Obama.

Ya know what, since the Reps have embarked on a policy of obstructionism and disinformation from the first day of the presidency, it's really hard to take any position they take as anything other than 'more of the same'.
In other words, how can you tell if their lack of support for the ACA is genuine concern or part of the strategy of destruction of Obama's presidency?

Disagree with the bold.

Ya know what, since the Reps have embarked on a policy of obstructionism and disinformation from the first day of the presidency, it's really hard to take any position they take as anything other than 'more of the same'.
In other words, how can you tell if their lack of support for the ACA is genuine concern or part of the strategy of destruction of Obama's presidency?

Obama has the market cornered in the destruction of his presidency.

Republicans need not apply

-Geaux

Disagree with the bold.

Excellent segue!

Ya know what, since the Reps have embarked on a policy of obstructionism and disinformation from the first day of the presidency,

Haven't heard about that. Can you find this claim for me please?

it's really hard to take any position they take as anything other than 'more of the same'.

I can totally agree with that statement, IF it's true!

For me it's not about 'tell' it's about KNOW on several aspects.

Last edited:

Disagree with the bold.

Excellent segue!

it's really hard to take any position they take as anything other than 'more of the same'.

I can totally agree with that statement, IF it's true!

For me it's not about 'tell' it's about KNOW on several aspects.

Haven't you?
Where have you been?
Democrats have rounded on revelations about a private dinner of House Republicans on inauguration day in 2009 in which they plotted a campaign of obstruction against newly installed president Barack Obama.

During a lengthy discussion, the senior GOP members worked out a plan to repeatedly block Obama over the coming four years to try to ensure he would not be re-elected.
Democrats condemn GOP's plot to obstruct Obama as 'appalling and sad' | World news | theguardian.com

San Francisco architect Lee Hammack says he and his wife, JoEllen Brothers, are “cradle Democrats.” They have donated to the liberal group Organizing for America and worked the phone banks a year ago for President Obama’s re-election.

Since 1995, Hammack and Brothers have received their health coverage from Kaiser Permanente, where Brothers worked until 2009 as a dietitian and diabetes educator. “We’ve both been in very good health all of our lives – exercise, don’t smoke, drink lightly, healthy weight, no health issues, and so on,” Hammack told me.

The couple — Lee, 60, and JoEllen, 59 — have been paying $550 a month for their health coverage — a plan that offers solid coverage, not one of the skimpy plans Obama has criticized. But recently, Kaiser informed them the plan would be canceled at the end of the year because it did not meet the requirements of the Affordable Care Act. The couple would need to find another one. The cost would be around double what they pay now, but the benefits would be worse.

“From all of the sob stories I’ve heard and read, ours is the most extreme,” Lee told me in an email last week.

The guy is self-employed which means that 100% of the cost is subsidized. But of course the story doesn't list the effective cost.

The guy is self-employed which means that 100% of the cost is subsidized. But of course the story doesn't list the effective cost.

What? So before he was paying the full load, now is forced to a subsidized plan? :cuckoo:

-Geaux

What? So before he was paying the full load, now is forced to a subsidized plan? :cuckoo:

-Geaux

isnt that just peachy

Forum List

Back