P.C. - R.I.P.

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
With provocative and occasional unrestrained rhetoric, Trump can be polarizing -- sometimes inviting a raucous response. But the real problem that gave rise to Trump is intolerance and the soft tyranny of humorless political correctness that envelopes communication and culture in America.

No one wants to admit it, but the seeds of ideological control characteristic of totalitarian political regimes reside predominantly in the Democrat Party and in its liberal constituencies that dominate the knowledge, information and entertainment industries -- the media, the universities, and Hollywood. And because of their leverage, these institutions have a disproportionately large effect on the population at large. Slowly, over the last few decades, but with accelerating pace in the Obama years, the soul of America has been silenced by political correctness. And the nation is weaker and more divided than ever.

It’s time to connect the dots on the growing intolerance of the political left in America.

There can be no doubt that political correctness puts lives in danger. The wonder is that PC has been in ascendance for so long, and it is an irony of history that it took an unconventional presidential candidate, Donald Trump, to break the PC glass ceiling.

Regardless of who becomes the Republican nominee, if the shield of political correctness protecting the Democrat Party can continue to be exposed and shattered, the GOP is likely to broaden its base, widen its majority, gain influence in the culture, and be more successful in foreign policy and defeating ISIS and radical Islamist jihad.

Articles: P.C. – R.I.P.

I'm sorry . Are you saying the right is tolerant !? Lol! Since when ?

With provocative and occasional unrestrained rhetoric, Trump can be polarizing -- sometimes inviting a raucous response. But the real problem that gave rise to Trump is intolerance and the soft tyranny of humorless political correctness that envelopes communication and culture in America.

No one wants to admit it, but the seeds of ideological control characteristic of totalitarian political regimes reside predominantly in the Democrat Party and in its liberal constituencies that dominate the knowledge, information and entertainment industries -- the media, the universities, and Hollywood. And because of their leverage, these institutions have a disproportionately large effect on the population at large. Slowly, over the last few decades, but with accelerating pace in the Obama years, the soul of America has been silenced by political correctness. And the nation is weaker and more divided than ever.

It’s time to connect the dots on the growing intolerance of the political left in America.

There can be no doubt that political correctness puts lives in danger. The wonder is that PC has been in ascendance for so long, and it is an irony of history that it took an unconventional presidential candidate, Donald Trump, to break the PC glass ceiling.

Regardless of who becomes the Republican nominee, if the shield of political correctness protecting the Democrat Party can continue to be exposed and shattered, the GOP is likely to broaden its base, widen its majority, gain influence in the culture, and be more successful in foreign policy and defeating ISIS and radical Islamist jihad.

the PC shield exists on this board, don't give me the Democrat bs.

what Dem bs?

I'm sorry . Are you saying the right is tolerant !? Lol! Since when ?
Americans have been tolerant long enough with the leftie PC bullshit....

Lol. Right was their PC issues too.
what do you mean?

We'll generally it revolves around police, patriotism, military .

Every year u have a republican pushing for a flag burning law , even though it's been settled free speech .

Even that fight at the trump rally was over flag desecration .

If Donald Trump is the reason PC is dead...or even gravely wounded...he is now one of my heroes - for this reason only.

In this country we have many rights...but the 'right' NOT to be offended is NOT one of them. 'PC' was designed to silence people / freedom of speech. It has been a political tool with which to attack and silence people. It has been harmful to this nation. It has needed to die for a LONG time.

Great thread! As for tolerance, recent events speak volumes which vehemently repudiate the progressive liberal contention and position as champions of tolerance. As for tolerance, the conservative movement has demonstrated no ill will toward one living their life as they so choose just that they appose laws that force them, conservatives, to accept positions they deem repulsive or strip away the freedoms provided within the frame work of the constitution. I find it offensive that one should be denied their freedom of choice, yet those of the progressive liberal persuasion continually demand compliance to their political and social philosophy and viewpoints.

The Author really only knows PC in theoretical terms.

People like myself, who've battled it personally, should be put in charge of ordering the new-nuremberg trials.

what Dem bs?

I quoted you ...

so I'll quote you again

Trump and his supporters are using PC to attempt to take away the traditional freedom to protest at political rallies or use civil disobedience as a valid protest tactic. Mostly because he does not have the temperament and experience to control himself in front of large crowds.

When someone says

"I'm not PC"

what they mean is

"I'm a total asshole, but I'm also a wimp, so instead of acting like a grownup when I get called out on my assholishness, I'll evade responsibility by squealing how everyone else is just PC".

Trump fans? It's not about PC. It's about you being the sewage of humanity. And we will keep delighting in pointing that out, no matter how loudly you cry about it, and then we'll mock you further for crying at us.

PC is where most of us live now. For backward bigots its still about 10 years down the track.

Trump and his supporters are using PC to attempt to take away the traditional freedom to protest at political rallies or use civil disobedience as a valid protest tactic. Mostly because he does not have the temperament and experience to control himself in front of large crowds.
what fricking bullshit....!

Alinsky's followers...meaning the Democrap commie scum that are disrupting the Trump rallies.....are stepping over the line by preventing free speech by actions meant to shut down the republican rallies....

When someone says

"I'm not PC"

what they mean is

"I'm a total asshole, but I'm also a wimp, so instead of acting like a grownup when I get called out on my assholishness, I'll evade responsibility by squealing how everyone else is just PC".

Trump fans? It's not about PC. It's about you being the sewage of humanity. And we will keep delighting in pointing that out, no matter how loudly you cry about it, and then we'll mock you further for crying at us.
when you lefties say "I'm PC" what you mean is you are a pansyassed commie....

Forum List

Back