Pack of cigarettes will cost $40 by 2020 in Australia

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Make it $400. Does anyone have any sympathy for these idiots?

$40 cigarettes after laws pass parliament

sep 14 2016 Smokers will soon be slugged $40 for a packet of cigarettes.
Bipartisan legislation to increase the tax on cigarettes over four years cleared parliament on Wednesday night.
The excise will increase by 12.5 per cent each year to 2020.
Labor backed the legislation, having announced similar measures before the July 2 election.
Debate on the tax hike in the Senate sparked calls for a rethink of Australia's ban on nicotine e-cigarettes, with Liberal backbencher James Paterson arguing the healthier alternative should be available.

That's the whole point of a black market.

it only works half as well there because they're somewhat isolated.

you're right, here in the US the shit would just be smuggled in through Mexico.

same is true with their gun control laws.

and, no, I have no sympathy for smokers. I think it's borderline crazy to be inhaling that shit on a regular basis, but this sort of control of people's behavior through taxation I am not in favor of. by this method they can tax anything they want out of reach, which I think is overreach by the government....

Make it $400. Does anyone have any sympathy for these idiots?

$40 cigarettes after laws pass parliament

sep 14 2016 Smokers will soon be slugged $40 for a packet of cigarettes.
Bipartisan legislation to increase the tax on cigarettes over four years cleared parliament on Wednesday night.
The excise will increase by 12.5 per cent each year to 2020.
Labor backed the legislation, having announced similar measures before the July 2 election.
Debate on the tax hike in the Senate sparked calls for a rethink of Australia's ban on nicotine e-cigarettes, with Liberal backbencher James Paterson arguing the healthier alternative should be available.

Quit smoking if you can't afford it

If you smoke, you pay for your own private health care or out of pocket for tobacco related health issues.

Some people can live to a hundred, smoke all their lives and not have a problem.

Smoke at your own risk. Alcohol abuse/excesses are as bad if not worse.

What next fatty foods? Sugar? Wheat or grain?

Why don't they require alternatives to pesticides and artificial additives in foods?

What of car pollution? Pollution from forest fires? Water pollution?

Should be more money. They ban weed but cancer sticks stay legal. Cigarette smokers are nasty. I remember I dated this guy in college who was a smoker. Kissing him was like kissing an astray. That was the first and last time I dated a smoker.

Then you have people smoking outside buildings and you wind up walking into a cloud of cancer smoke.

Meanwhile, beer will still get those college kids in to the cool parties and the guys that drink a certain brand will get the pretty chicks and DUI's will continue to rise and people will still kill because they have no brains when it comes to drinking and driving. I'll have my cigs, thanks, until I am damn ready to stop.

Should be more money. They ban weed but cancer sticks stay legal. Cigarette smokers are nasty. I remember I dated this guy in college who was a smoker. Kissing him was like kissing an astray. That was the first and last time I dated a smoker.

Then you have people smoking outside buildings and you wind up walking into a cloud of cancer smoke.

Weed kills several types of cancer.

With regular check ups and early treatment, many of the risks of cigarettes can be treated without the extensive and expensive treatments used now and with better probability of cure.

Tobacco companies denied the public the cure for the ails of smoking for decades. They also kept creating strains with higher levels of nicotine to keep people addicted.

With the medical and recreational laws now and soon to be voted on, it will seem to keep those who get sick, to be "trapped" in those states while trying to get cards for use in other states that also will permit use. Parents can only live in certain states for their kids to be treated, not where their work might take them, or have two household expenses.

And here in America the slack jawed jesuland states have the most smokers

The 10 States Most Addicted to Smoking
And here in America, the slack jawed faggot-filled, Democrat-run major cities have the most AIDS.

The 25 U.S. Cities With the Highest Rates of HIV Infection

HIV came from deforestation in central africa. Monkeys carried it.

Africa still has the highest rate of HIV
I'm not talking about Africa. I'm talking about America and where most of the AIDS is in America.

I recall a few times my dad mentioning he quit when the cost of a pack went up to 20¢ and he had better use of that money.

I also recall him telling me he'd kill me if I ever smoked after overhearing me tell my brother, "When I grow up I'm going to smoke Winstons just like Fred Flintstone." Looking back I now understand his emotional state, it had to be around the time his dad had recently lost a lung to cancer.

And here in America the slack jawed jesuland states have the most smokers

The 10 States Most Addicted to Smoking
And here in America, the slack jawed faggot-filled, Democrat-run major cities have the most AIDS.

The 25 U.S. Cities With the Highest Rates of HIV Infection

HIV came from deforestation in central africa. Monkeys carried it.

Africa still has the highest rate of HIV
I'm not talking about Africa. I'm talking about America and where most of the AIDS is in America.

Drug abuse and prostitution is up there

In africa is mostly passed between heterosexuals

Problem is not homosexuality, it is the lack of monogamy ................ and dirty needles, among many in those groups

I recall a few times my dad mentioning he quit when the cost of a pack went up to 20¢ and he had better use of that money.

I also recall him telling me he'd kill me if I ever smoked after overhearing me tell my brother, "When I grow up I'm going to smoke Winstons just like Fred Flintstone." Looking back I now understand his emotional state, it had to be around the time his dad had recently lost a lung to cancer.

It's a morality tax, regardless.

Forum List

Back