Pagan roots of Valentines (Lupercalia) Day Exposed

You ask: So to be clear, The God of Christianity is the only God in existence, correct?

The only God. Yes. He is One true God as in 1 x 1 x 1 =1 He is the Father, the Word (Jesus Christ), and the Holy Spirit. We are created in His image. We are a trichotomy. 1 x 1 x 1 = 1 We are a spirit, we live in a body and we have a soul. We are created after His likeness, we are created in the image of God. God is the creator of heaven and earth, all that is seen and unseen He has created. He created us in our mother's womb. He is God Almighty and He does not share his power with other gods. There are many different gods that people worship, Baal gods but in reality these gods are fallen angels, demons, they are not gods in that they have no power over God. They have no power over me either because I'm God's child and he has given me all authority over the power of Satan (Luke 10:19).

It is written:
“Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.” Isaiah 44:8

ding. Just so you know, ding, this is why I mock, and ridicule Christians. You act as if Christians are just poor victims who just want to live their lives, and be left alone, so why can't us mean ole atheists just live, and let live. But that isn't what you do, now is it? You feel the need to proselytise, and force everyone into your little pigeon holes. That, in and of itself, would be bad enough, as annoying as it is, but you don't even stop there. Oh no! You attempt to infect our secular government with your religious, magical thinking, and create laws that dictat3e that everyone behave as if they agree with your inane, little beliefs, whether we actually do, or not.
Stop rationalizing why you do it. You do it because you are a fucking asshole.
Sure...notwithstanding the evidence to the contrary in this very thread.

I want to respond to you on each of your replies so I am adding your 1st response here:
Really? You do realise that you just implied that you get 100% of everything you ever pray for, right? If you are really claiming that, the that would make you unique among Christians. How do you explain, then, the good Christians who pray for their children who have been striken with some disease, or another, and those children still die. Your prayers are no more effective than my spells. - end quote

There are different types of prayers, Cern. As I pray God's will be done, I can tell you that many times it would not have been my choice and it was only that I wanted God's will over my own will that I was able to accept the outcome. Sometimes that was very difficult. God has always answered my prayers even though there were times that I found out much later the answer to that prayer. I have been led to pray for my own child (who is grown) before only to get a phone call in the middle of the night (same day I prayed for him) that his boss hit a telephone pole which went right through the windshield and in front of his face (he was on the passenger side) and he didn't have a scratch on him. They were going about 50 mph they told me when they hit that telephone pole. My son didn't have his seat belt on. He couldn't explain it but something held him in the seat on impact. I know what it was. It was the Lord's holy angel that kept him in that seat.

I have so many answers to prayers that I have received in my life that I do not believe I would be able to tell you all of them if I had a week to do it. I've got prayers I've prayed the past several months that I know Jesus has answered but I do not know how it is being answered because it is for other people and sometimes I find out a long time afterward. Most of my prayers are for other people so it is an ongoing answer coming in and so you may wonder how do I know that Jesus has answered all my prayers? Because he is in eternity where there is no time. I know he hears me. I know I am his child and he hears my prayers. The Word of God is full of God's promises, Cern. I know that God always keeps his promises to me. He has never let me down. Not once!

Why do good Christians who pray for their children to be healed still die? Each case is unique and we do not know the details of those situations but as the Lord knows all things He could see that that there was something coming ahead that would have devastated his life and shipwrecked his faith. We have to trust God because it is God who holds our times in his hands. He is a very loving God and comforts those parents when they lose their child too, you know. He does not abandon them. He is near to the broken hearted, Cern.
So, when you claim that God "always answers prayers", you don't mean that every person's prayer has a positive outcome, only that "God heard them, and answered them, and, sometimes, the answer is no", correct?

You said: So, when you claim that God "always answers prayers", you don't mean that every person's prayer has a positive outcome, only that "God heard them, and answered them, and, sometimes, the answer is no", correct? - end quote

Well, Cern, I can only speak for myself because I don't know about another person's walk with God and whether they have done something wicked to someone (God won't hear their prayer until they repent) or have unforgiveness in their heart (that will hinder prayer too). For myself, sometimes God's answer has been wait.. Sometimes God's answer has been the exact opposite of what I had hoped for and my heart felt as if it were in a vice being crushed over the matter but later on I could clearly see that God was looking at the bigger picture down the road and a greater testimony for his glory.

He heard my prayer, he answered it but not at all how I had wanted it to be and yet? I knew his will before I ever prayed about the matter! I just had a very difficult time accepting it. It was my hope that some how his will could be changed on the matter and he could do something different and I did go back to him a few times as I recall and remind him I need for this to be Your Will God, not mine! Because I knew that I'm not an exceptionally smart person, I do not see far ahead on matters and felt very deep agony over the matter it was far better for me to keep in mind that my heavenly Father knew best about it. So yes, I'm telling you that His answers were sometimes not what I wanted them to be but I can also tell you that I know that they are bringing about a far greater outcome - a far better, far more positive outcome than if I had been granted the desire of my heart on the matter.
Well, magick is exactly the same. The point of magick is not to give us what we want - it isn't like shopping. It is to give us what we need. In fact, the laws of magick are very specific. When you attempt spells rom "the wrong perspective", not only will you not get what you were hoping for, but you will, likely, get something else entirely; not because "the gods" are capricious, but because the universe works in balance, and when one attempts to upset that balance, the universe defends itself. So, my spells, and rituals work just as accurately as do your prayers. I have never once had a ritual that did not work, although I have had rituals that did not produce the outcome that I expected. So, tell me how your God is any different from my magick?
You write:
Well, magick is exactly the same. The point of magick is not to give us what we want - it isn't like shopping. It is to give us what we need. In fact, the laws of magick are very specific. When you attempt spells rom "the wrong perspective", not only will you not get what you were hoping for, but you will, likely, get something else entirely; not because "the gods" are capricious, but because the universe works in balance, and when one attempts to upset that balance, the universe defends itself. So, my spells, and rituals work just as accurately as do your prayers. I have never once had a ritual that did not work, although I have had rituals that did not produce the outcome that I expected. So, tell me how your God is any different from my magick?

Have you ever heard the story about Moses when he went before Pharoah? My God is more powerful than the gods you speak of are. My God proved this when He sent Moses before Pharoah to tell him to let his people go. Do you know the story?
You are certainly entitled to your opinion.[/QUOTE]
It's not my opinion, Cern. It is the Written Word of God. God is not a man that he should lie. The Word of God is true. I am referencing an actual event. Moses was operating in the power of God. That was God's power that defeated Pharoah's magicians. Their magic was no match for the power of God. You know the story, don't you?

You ask: So to be clear, The God of Christianity is the only God in existence, correct?

The only God. Yes. He is One true God as in 1 x 1 x 1 =1 He is the Father, the Word (Jesus Christ), and the Holy Spirit. We are created in His image. We are a trichotomy. 1 x 1 x 1 = 1 We are a spirit, we live in a body and we have a soul. We are created after His likeness, we are created in the image of God. God is the creator of heaven and earth, all that is seen and unseen He has created. He created us in our mother's womb. He is God Almighty and He does not share his power with other gods. There are many different gods that people worship, Baal gods but in reality these gods are fallen angels, demons, they are not gods in that they have no power over God. They have no power over me either because I'm God's child and he has given me all authority over the power of Satan (Luke 10:19).

It is written:
“Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.” Isaiah 44:8
Then please explain the first commandment...

ding. Just so you know, ding, this is why I mock, and ridicule Christians. You act as if Christians are just poor victims who just want to live their lives, and be left alone, so why can't us mean ole atheists just live, and let live. But that isn't what you do, now is it? You feel the need to proselytise, and force everyone into your little pigeon holes. That, in and of itself, would be bad enough, as annoying as it is, but you don't even stop there. Oh no! You attempt to infect our secular government with your religious, magical thinking, and create laws that dictat3e that everyone behave as if they agree with your inane, little beliefs, whether we actually do, or not.
Cern, not everyone that tells you that they are a Christian (on this board) is a Christian. I believe I told you before that there are people who come here claiming to be a Christian but they are really servants of Satan and are looking to shipwreck the faith of others or keep people from coming to Jesus. I apologize for this person Ding cursing at you like that on my thread. That should not be happening and I would like for him to leave my threads alone. I'm terribly sorry for someone speaking such abusive language like that to you on my thread!

It's not my opinion, Cern. It is the Written Word of God. God is not a man that he should lie. The Word of God is true. I am referencing an actual event. Moses was operating in the power of God. That was God's power that defeated Pharaoh's magicians. Their magic was no match for the power of God. You know the story, don't you?
Except that the only evidence of any of that is the Bible. There is absolutely zero archeological evidence that Israelites were ever even in Egypt, let alone were ever slaves. it should be noted, incidentally, that the Egyptians were meticulous record keepers. There are extensive records of their slaves - Mesopotamians, Chaldeans, Babylonians (no Philistines - that seems to be another wholly imaginary race created by the Bible for which there is no actual record), but no Jews. No Moses. There simply is no collaboration of anything in the entire account of Moses, and the Egyptians, outside of the Bible. So, you'll forgive me if I find the account to be more than a little dubious.

ding I would appreciate it if you would please leave my thread immediately. I do not want you talking to people on my threads like this ever again! Do you understand?

Cern, not everyone that tells you that they are a Christian (on this board) is a Christian. I believe I told you before that there are people who come here claiming to be a Christian but they are really servants of Satan and are looking to shipwreck the faith of others or keep people from coming to Jesus. I apologize for this person Ding cursing at you like that on my thread. That should not be happening and I would like for him to leave my threads alone. I'm terribly sorry for someone speaking such abusive language like that to you on my thread!
Jeremiah, I have heard worse. Fuck, I say worse. I'm 50 years old. A little coarse language certainly isn't going to make my "poor virgin ears" curls. :)

It is written:
Do you know what a god is? It is an idol. Do you know that many people who think they serve God are actually serving another god? Do you know what the name of that god is? Self. Many people are serving themselves. They are their own gods. Some people have turned their stomach into their god. They are focused on their flesh. Some people have turned their spouse into a god. They put them ahead of God in everything they do. Then there are the other gods such as one would find names of in Greek mythology and such..... But are they God? No! So what can we say then? Is God contradicting himself? No, God isn't contradicting himself. We need to rightly divide the Word of God to understand what God is telling us.

ding I would appreciate it if you would please leave my thread immediately. I do not want you talking to people on my threads like this ever again! Do you understand?
LOL! Oh, I like you! I disagree with your theology, but that's okay. I still like you.
I like you too! I'm glad we are having this discussion! You are a very interesting person, Cern!

It's not my opinion, Cern. It is the Written Word of God. God is not a man that he should lie. The Word of God is true. I am referencing an actual event. Moses was operating in the power of God. That was God's power that defeated Pharaoh's magicians. Their magic was no match for the power of God. You know the story, don't you?
Except that the only evidence of any of that is the Bible. There is absolutely zero archeological evidence that Israelites were ever even in Egypt, let alone were ever slaves. it should be noted, incidentally, that the Egyptians were meticulous record keepers. There are extensive records of their slaves - Mesopotamians, Chaldeans, Babylonians (no Philistines - that seems to be another wholly imaginary race created by the Bible for which there is no actual record), but no Jews. No Moses. There simply is no collaboration of anything in the entire account of Moses, and the Egyptians, outside of the Bible. So, you'll forgive me if I find the account to be more than a little dubious.
I do have some videos that present archaelogical evidence such as the memorial altar Moses built to God on his journey leading the Hebrews out of Egypt and also the rock that was split where water gushed out. I can find that video and show it to you.

It is written:
Do you know what a god is? It is an idol. Do you know that many people who think they serve God are actually serving another god? Do you know what the name of that god is? Self. Many people are serving themselves. They are their own gods. Some people have turned their stomach into their god. They are focused on their flesh. Some people have turned their spouse into a god. They put them ahead of God in everything they do. Then there are the other gods such as one would find names of in Greek mythology and such..... But are the God? No! So what can we say then? Is God contradicting himself? No, God isn't contradicting himself. We need to rightly divide the Word of God to understand what God is telling us.
Nope. This is what I mean about understanding the original text. the second commandment was about idolatry. The First commandment deals specifically with divine beings: I am הָיָה (Yehovah) your אֱלֹהִים (Elohim). I brought you out of the land of Egypt, and the house of bondage. You shall אַחֵר (follow after) no other אֱלֹהִים (Elohim) except me". The only time that the word Elohim appears in the bible to describe god, or gods, is here, and in the passage referring to the nephelim. Thus, there can be no ambiguity concerning the original language: I am Yehovah, your divine being, who led you out of Egypt, and slavery; you will worship no other divine being except me.

If Yehovah; God, is the only divine being in existence, then why would he need to deliver a command to not worship any other divine beings. Again, you can not fall back on idol worship; that is covered in the second commandment.

Jeremiah, I have heard worse. Fuck, I say worse. I'm 50 years old. A little coarse language certainly isn't going to make my "poor virgin ears" curls. :)
Alright.

I do have some videos that present archaelogical evidence such as the memorial altar Moses built to God on his journey leading the Hebrews out of Egypt and also the rock that was split where water gushed out. I can find that video and show it to you.
Really? and the source of those videos? And the peer reviewed confirmation of those claims would be...?

It is written:
Do you know what a god is? It is an idol. Do you know that many people who think they serve God are actually serving another god? Do you know what the name of that god is? Self. Many people are serving themselves. They are their own gods. Some people have turned their stomach into their god. They are focused on their flesh. Some people have turned their spouse into a god. They put them ahead of God in everything they do. Then there are the other gods such as one would find names of in Greek mythology and such..... But are the God? No! So what can we say then? Is God contradicting himself? No, God isn't contradicting himself. We need to rightly divide the Word of God to understand what God is telling us.
Nope. This is what I mean about understanding the original text. the second commandment was about idolatry. The First commandment deals specifically with divine beings: I am הָיָה (Yehovah) your אֱלֹהִים (Elohim). I brought you out of the land of Egypt, and the house of bondage. You shall אַחֵר (follow after) no other אֱלֹהִים (Elohim) except me". The only time that the word Elohim appears in the bible to describe god, or gods, is here, and in the passage referring to the nephelim. Thus, there cab be no ambiguity of the original language: I am Yehovah, your divine being, who led you out of Egypt, and slavery; you will worship no other divine being except me.

If Yehovah; God, is the only divine being in existence, then why would he need to deliver a command to not worship any other divine beings. Again, you can not fall back on idol worship; that is covered in the second commandment.
I never said there wasn't angelic beings, Cern. Even Satan can come as an angel of light. I said that there wasn't any other god but God because He alone is God! He is the Great I am! Now it is recorded that the Israelites did fall into the sin of worshipping other gods. We know this because it is recorded in the Scriptures. But are those gods God? Not according to God they are not God, he alone is God!

It is written:
Nope. This is what I mean about understanding the original text. the second commandment was about idolatry. The First commandment deals specifically with divine beings: I am הָיָה (Yehovah) your אֱלֹהִים (Elohim). I brought you out of the land of Egypt, and the house of bondage. You shall אַחֵר (follow after) no other אֱלֹהִים (Elohim) except me". The only time that the word Elohim appears in the bible to describe god, or gods, is here, and in the passage referring to the nephelim. Thus, there cab be no ambiguity of the original language: I am Yehovah, your divine being, who led you out of Egypt, and slavery; you will worship no other divine being except me.

I never said there wasn't angelic beings, Cern. I said that there wasn't any other god but God because He alone is God! He is the Great I am! Now it is recorded that the Israelites did fall into the sin of worshipping other gods. We know this because it is recorded in the Scriptures. But are those gods God? Not according to God they are not God, he alone is God!
Nope. The Hebrew language had entirely different words (אַבִּיר abbiyir, מֲלְאָךְ malak, or שִׁנְאָן shin'an) for celestial (angelic) beings. Elohim specifically refers to divine beings. Care to try again?

Cern, do you see Tammuz in Ezekiel 8:14 below? We see the photos presented by the RCC of Semiramus and her son, Tammuz, she was also called the Queen of heaven and we see that name mentioned in the scriptures too, but she was a witch who was the wife of Nimrod and joined him in human sacrifice of babies. Yet in those photos she is depicted as Mary and Tammuz is depicted as Baby Jesus. It's a deception. This goes all the way back to the time of Noah and his sons because Shem (Noah's son) is the one that put Nimrod to death. The Israelites knew very well about the occult because they had encountered it and some had fallen into it.

8747 FALSE GODS

Any gods other than the Lord himself. Some of these divinities took the form of images, others were mythical. Some Israelites became involved in idolatrous worship of such gods. The book of Acts records attempts to deify human beings.

False gods associated with foreign nations in the OT
Amon, the chief god of Egypt See also Jer 46:25

Asherah, a Canaanite goddess Ex 34:13-14 Asherah was the consort of El, the chief Canaanite god. Wooden poles, perhaps carved in her image, were often set up in her honour and placed near other pagan objects of worship. See also Dt 7:5; Jdg 6:25-30 Gideon destroys an Asherah pole; 1Ki 14:15,23; 1Ki 15:13; 1Ki 16:33; 1Ki 18:19 Elijah summons 400 prophets of Asherah to Mount Carmel. King Josiah’s reforms: 2Ki 23:4-7,13-16
Isa 27:9; Jer 17:2; Mic 5:14

Ashtoreth, a goddess of war and fertility Jdg 2:12-13 Ashtoreth, the consort of Baal, was associated with the evening star and was worshipped as Ishtar in Babylon and as Athtart in Aram. To the Greeks she was Astarte or Aphrodite and to the Romans, Venus. See also Jdg 10:6; 1Sa 7:3-4; 1Sa 12:10; 1Sa 31:10; 1Ki 11:5,33

Baal, a Canaanite and Phoenician god of fertility and rain Jdg 2:10-13 Baal, meaning “lord”, was pictured standing on a bull, a popular symbol of fertility and strength. Baal was associated with Asherah and Ashtoreth, goddesses of fertility.

Baal-Zebub, a popular deity of the Philistines Mt 12:24 pp Mk 3:22 pp Lk 11:15 Beelzebub is the Greek form of the Hebrew name “Baal-Zebub”, meaning “lord of the flies”. See also 2Ki 1:1-6,16-17

Bel, the chief deity of Babylon Isa 46:1 Bel was another name for the sun god, Marduk. Nebo, the god of learning and writing was the son of Marduk. See also Jer 50:2; Jer 51:44

Chemosh, the chief god of Moab 1Ki 11:7 See also Nu 21:29; 1Ki 11:33; 2Ki 23:13; Jer 48:7,13,46

Dagon, worshipped in Babylonia and Philistia Jdg 16:23 See also 1Sa 5:2-7; 1Ch 10:10

Molech, the chief deity of Ammon 1Ki 11:4-5 See also Lev 18:21 The practice of sacrificing children to Molech was common in Phoenicia and the region; Lev 20:2-5; 1Ki 11:7,33; 2Ki 23:10 Josiah destroyed the area where the altars for child sacrifice were located; 2Ki 23:13; Isa 57:9; Jer 32:35; Jer 49:1,3; Zep 1:5; Ac 7:43

Tammuz, a Babylonian fertility god Eze 8:14

The worship of false gods was a snare to God’s people
Their worship included disgusting rites 1Ki 14:23-24; 1Ki 19:18; Jer 7:31; Hos 13:2

Numerous attempts were made to stop the worship of Baal and other false gods Jdg 6:28-32; 1Ki 18:17-40 See also 2Ki 10:18-28; 2Ki 11:18; 2Ki 23:4-5,13

Attempts to stop false worship proved unsuccessful 2Ki 21:3 The word “Baal” was not orginally a proper name but came to be used as such. See also 2Ch 28:1-4; Hos 13:1-2

Warnings against and condemnation of, the worship of false gods
Ps 40:4; Da 3:29 Nebuchadnezzar came to realise the foolishness of worshipping false gods See also Ps 4:2; Jer 13:25; Jer 16:19; Am 2:4; Zep 1:4

The first Christians were confronted with the worship of Greek and Roman deities
Zeus and Hermes Ac 14:12 Zeus was the patron god of the city of Lystra and his temple was there. Paul was identified as the god Hermes (the Roman Mercury), Zeus’attendant and spokesman.

Artemis Ac 19:24-28 Artemis was the Greek name for the Roman goddess, Diana.

Castor and Pollux See also Ac 28:11 the two “sons of Zeus”, regarded as the guardian deities of sailors

Attempts to deify human beings

Ac 12:21-22; Ac 14:12-15; Ac 28:6

Back in the 1980's a Christian couple published a booklet on the true history of Valentines including information about the connection between Valentine hearts and the disease Lupus. There was a Christian couple who had almost lost their daughter due to systemic Lupus when they happened to find the booklet and contacted the ministry asking for prayer. After destroying all heart shaped possessions she owned including jewelry she received answer to that prayer and was completely healed of Lupus. The family did further research searching out encyclopedia books that were 120 years old and found the occult was deeply connected to the heart shape. It is a shame that so many people have no idea as to the connection between the heart shape symbol, Lupercalia and the occult. How many people are suffering from Lupus and have no idea of that disease and its connection to the occult / heart shaped items in possession of the victim, etc?

It would be wise to do a study on it for anyone who doesn't believe it. You should expect plenty of people involved in the occult to strongly object to this thread and the truth that is revealed here. After all, those in the occult do not like their secrets being exposed.
I'm sorry...but you are truly ill in the head.

Forum List

Back