Palestine Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stupid idea. A transportation hub for Gaza that is 100% controlled by Israel.

What would be different from now?

As a single move, I agree it's meaningless. That's why I asked whether this could be just one of the many new directions being discussed now, between the US, Israel, Egypt, Qatar and members of UAE.

Maybe the difference will be the choice between Hamas with their tunnels and Iran, versus some kind of more sensible sovereignty for the people on the ground, with gas and an airport etc., under patrontage of key Arab representatives.
A wealthy Gaza Emirate with indirect, leveraged agreement with Israel through a 3rd party that the people on the ground can recognize as their patrons instead of Hamas.

Speculating.

Hamas has already proposed a similar hub in Greece or Cyprus to be monitored by the international community.

Too far away, all they want is a base near or in Turkey.
Erdogan is already training their police and army.

Gaza is now up for sale - Iran or Ankara. Hamas tries to merry the bride twice.

The data of latest Palestinian Demographics:

DZOztl4XUAEVEI0

Twitter

Apparently many Palestinians are 141 years old...?

Last edited:
P F Tinmore show me what Hamas proposed.
Every time I post something you don't know anything about it.

You need to keep up.
good one Tinnie, now can You actually elaborate?
Sure, it was one of the proposals by Hamas to have shipments monitored by international observers.

You wrote:
"Hamas has already proposed a similar hub in Greece or Cyprus to be monitored by the international community."

I want to see the plan for that hub that includes an airport, gas deal, and direct connection to Gaza itself.
Or did You just invent that on the go?

You need to keep up.
Sure, it was one of the proposals by Hamas to have shipments monitored by international observers.

You wrote:
"Hamas has already proposed a similar hub in Greece or Cyprus to be monitored by the international community."

I want to see the plan for that hub that includes an airport, gas deal, and direct connection to Gaza itself.
It wasn't a big infrastructure deal. It was for off site monitoring.

You need to keep up.

You wrote:

In my view, Gaza is better as a wealthy modern emirate, and their own international infrastructure monitored in coordination with Egypt, Israel and Arab patrons.
International community will have full access once Gaza becomes more and more open to the world economically and technologically. Hamas will have to change strategy and focus on civil development if it wants to survive.

You need to keep up.

You wrote:

In my view, Gaza is better as a wealthy modern emirate, and their own international infrastructure monitored in coordination with Egypt, Israel and Arab patrons.
International community will have full access once Gaza becomes more and more open to the world economically and technologically. Hamas will have to change strategy and focus on civil development if it wants to survive.
It is Israel that will not allow civil development.

You wrote:

You do remember that we're still discussing a project coming from an Israeli minister?

You wrote:

You do remember that we're still discussing a project coming from an Israeli minister?
Do you mean the one where Israel controls everything like it has been doing since 2006?

Why propose something that changes nothing?

You wrote:

Do you mean the one where Israel controls everything like it has been doing since 2006?

You're running in circles, I already told You - only as a part of a bigger regional arrangement.
I'm actually in favor of distancing Israel from Gazans in any further agreements by indirect deals.
Israel and Egypt will be neighbor observers, with others from the Arab world. It aligns with Your suggestion for international monitoring.

Are You now trying to negotiate LESS for Gazans? Funny how positions flip-flop :)

You're running in circles, I already told You - only as a part of a bigger regional arrangement.
I'm actually in favor of distancing Israel from Gazans in any further agreements by indirect deals.
Israel and Egypt will be neighbor observers, with others from the Arab world. It aligns with Your suggestion for international monitoring.

Are You now trying to negotiate LESS for Gazans? Funny how positions flip-flop :)
Israel will still control everything. Everyone else will just be fluff.

I disagree, Israel has no interests but to distance itself from Gaza and secure its' borders.
But even so, still not a reason NOT to give Gazans a better economy, don't You think?

I disagree, Israel has no interests but to distance itself from Gaza and secure its' borders.
But even so, still not a reason NOT to give Gazans a better economy, don't You think?
I don't see how anything would be better. I heard that the Island would actually be in Israeli international waters so Israel would maintain 100% control. Permanent suck.

I don't see how anything would be better. I heard that the Island would actually be in Israeli international waters so Israel would maintain 100% control. Permanent suck.

Israel, Egypt, Jordan and other Arab states including the international community.
I don't understand how something proposed by Hamas X times 10 more advanced- is worse??

You do realize that what Hamas proposed would still have to be coordinated with Gaza's neighbors, namely Israel and Egypt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back