Palestine Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
26cd561dd79eb8fc03ab9cf3bbd8-D6F3DD88-336B-443A-9650-1BD110CDEB56.jpg
How many suicide bombings have there been in the last ten years?

Also 348 in 2017 alone, killing more than 4300 people and wounding 6700. That's worldwide.

Wrong question. The right question would be how many suicide bombings have been prevented by Israel's defensive actions.
It isn't the wrong question. You are just ducking.

No. The narrative you are trying to draw is that suicide bombing in Israel and in areas under her control have reduced and the reason for that reduction is because suicide bombers have, I don't know, suddenly seen the light and decided suicide bombing was bad?! The reason for the reduction of suicide bombings in Israel is because Israel has gotten damn good at preventing them.

Also 348 in 2017 alone, killing more than 4300 people and wounding 6700. That's worldwide.
This is the Israel and Palestine forum.

I am well aware of that. My point is that suicide bombings occur near daily in the world. Committed almost exclusively by extremist Muslims. They are common.

The question, then, is why they are not common in Israel any longer.

Wrong question. The right question would be how many suicide bombings have been prevented by Israel's defensive actions.

No. The narrative you are trying to draw is that suicide bombing in Israel and in areas under her control have reduced and the reason for that reduction is because suicide bombers have, I don't know, suddenly seen the light and decided suicide bombing was bad?! The reason for the reduction of suicide bombings in Israel is because Israel has gotten damn good at preventing them.
the reason for that reduction is because suicide bombers have, I don't know, suddenly seen the light and decided suicide bombing was bad?
Indeed.

Hamas is to abandon its use of suicide bombers, who have killed almost 300 Israelis, in any future confrontations with Israel, its activists have told The Observer.

The Islamic group, which leads the Palestinian Authority, says, however, that it may resort to other forms of violence if there is no progress towards Palestinian statehood.

Yihiyeh Musa, a Hamas member of the Palestinian Legislative Council, said Hamas had moved into a 'new era' which did not require suicide attacks.

'The suicide bombings happened in an exceptional period and they have now stopped,' he said. 'They came to an end as a change of belief.'

Hamas in call to end suicide bombings

the reason for that reduction is because suicide bombers have, I don't know, suddenly seen the light and decided suicide bombing was bad?
Indeed.

Hamas is to abandon its use of suicide bombers, who have killed almost 300 Israelis, in any future confrontations with Israel, its activists have told The Observer.

The Islamic group, which leads the Palestinian Authority, says, however, that it may resort to other forms of violence if there is no progress towards Palestinian statehood.

Yihiyeh Musa, a Hamas member of the Palestinian Legislative Council, said Hamas had moved into a 'new era' which did not require suicide attacks.

'The suicide bombings happened in an exceptional period and they have now stopped,' he said. 'They came to an end as a change of belief.'

Dude, do you hear yourself?!

Its NOT ACTUALLY progress when you switch out suicide bombings for "other forms of violence". Its not like Jews are saying, "Oh wow, SO MUCH BETTER getting murdered by insertions of metal blades to the neck and body than it is by shrapnel from nails and metal pellets. So much more peaceful."

Indeed.

Dude, do you hear yourself?!

Its NOT ACTUALLY progress when you switch out suicide bombings for "other forms of violence". Its not like Jews are saying, "Oh wow, SO MUCH BETTER getting murdered by insertions of metal blades to the neck and body than it is by shrapnel from nails and metal pellets. So much more peaceful."
Israel attacks and kills Palestinians all of the time. Why don't you mention those?

Defense is not aggression.

I'm sorry, but who is attacking whom across the fence between Gaza and Israel?!

It sounds awfully much like you are saying that if the "defender" uses suicide bombers that is TOTALLY fine, but if the "aggressor" does, not so much. Which destroys your own argument about Hamas being the "good guys" because they no longer use suicide bombers.

It sounds awfully much like you are saying that if the "defender" uses suicide bombers that is TOTALLY fine, but if the "aggressor" does, not so much. Which destroys your own argument about Hamas being the "good guys" because they no longer use suicide bombers.
Israel shoots at people in Gaza all the time. Even during ceasefires. And there are other attacks like the destruction of property.

Israel shoots at people in Gaza all the time. Even during ceasefires. And there are other attacks like the destruction of property.

Israel shoots people who are, as best as they can determine through all the smoke (literal and figurative) posing a threat. That's what defense IS.

Israel shoots people who are, as best as they can determine through all the smoke (literal and figurative) posing a threat. That's what defense IS.
More Israeli bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back