Palestine Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

From the article:

Rights groups have questioned the fairness of trials under the Hamas system.

“The death penalty is a barbaric practice that has no place in a modern state,” Sarah Leah Whitson, executive director of the Middle East division of Human Rights Watch, said.

“The abhorrent executions by Hamas authorities of three men in Gaza deemed to be collaborators project weakness, not strength,” she said. “Hamas authorities will never achieve true security or stability through firing squads or by the gallows, but rather through respect for international norms and the rule of law.”

Hamas also killed 23 people without trials during its 2014 war with Israel

Twenty three people were murdered without trials. At least that woman arrested by PA is alive and has rights to due process.
“Hamas authorities will never achieve true security or stability through firing squads or by the gallows, but rather through respect for international norms and the rule of law.”
Is it an international norm for spies to point people out for Israel so that Israel can kill them?
How can you be sure they were spies without a trial?
Spies are a big problem in Palestine. Just killing people at random does nothing to solve that problem. There must be some evidence. And what about trials? Hamas, the PA, and Israel all have kangaroo courts.

Gaza: Palestinians tortured, summarily killed by Hamas forces during 2014 conflict

Hamas forces carried out a brutal campaign of abductions, torture and unlawful killings against Palestinians accused of “collaborating” with Israel and others during Israel’s military offensive against Gaza in July and August 2014, according to a new report by Amnesty International.

...Many of these unlawful killings were publicly billed as attacks against people assisting Israel during the July and August 2014 conflict as part of an operation, codenamed “Strangling Necks”, to target “collaborators”. However, in reality, at least 16 of those executed had been in Hamas custody since before the conflict broke out. Many had been awaiting the outcome of their trials when they were taken away from prison and summarily executed.

Hamas forces also abducted, tortured or attacked members and supporters of Fatah, their main rival political organization within Gaza, including former members of the Palestinian Authority security forces.

Your claim is the boy was "murdered". Another of your baseless claims.
Oh sure, Israel had to kill him because they feared for their lives.

Stupid post.

Murder is a specific charge with burdens of proof, at least in kuffar law.

It's just a shame that you ignore the motivations that drive the Islamist gee-had.

Speaking of murder...have the IDF finished investigating the murder of the journalist Murtaja?

:dunno: I don't know anything about that one.

He was a promising talented Palestinian photo journalist shot by a sniper in the recent violence at the border. The
Your claim is the boy was "murdered". Another of your baseless claims.

Stupid post.

It's just a shame that you ignore the motivations that drive the Islamist gee-had.

Speaking of murder...have the IDF finished investigating the murder of the journalist Murtaja?

Yaser Murtaja - Wikipedia

Ah, I remember. Surely Israel will duck.

Stupid post.

I have no knowledge about the status of that investigation. I think you will find that it is not uncommon for journalists in war zones to come under fire. Conspiracy theories notwithstanding, there are risks that must be assumed for being in areas of live fire.

Please post a link then.

A link to what?

my mistake...I misread what you wrote and though you said you did have knowledge...I missed "not"

Collaborators kill and Palestine is crawling with them.
Collaborators kill and Palestine is crawling with them.

From the article:

“The death penalty is a barbaric practice that has no place in a modern state,” Sarah Leah Whitson, executive director of the Middle East division of Human Rights Watch, said.

“The abhorrent executions by Hamas authorities of three men in Gaza deemed to be collaborators project weakness, not strength,” she said. “Hamas authorities will never achieve true security or stability through firing squads or by the gallows, but rather through respect for international norms and the rule of law.”

Twenty three people were murdered without trials. At least that woman arrested by PA is alive and has rights to due process.
“Hamas authorities will never achieve true security or stability through firing squads or by the gallows, but rather through respect for international norms and the rule of law.”
Is it an international norm for spies to point people out for Israel so that Israel can kill them?
Spies are a big problem in Palestine. Just killing people at random does nothing to solve that problem. There must be some evidence. And what about trials? Hamas, the PA, and Israel all have kangaroo courts.

Gaza: Palestinians tortured, summarily killed by Hamas forces during 2014 conflict

Hamas forces carried out a brutal campaign of abductions, torture and unlawful killings against Palestinians accused of “collaborating” with Israel and others during Israel’s military offensive against Gaza in July and August 2014, according to a new report by Amnesty International.

...Many of these unlawful killings were publicly billed as attacks against people assisting Israel during the July and August 2014 conflict as part of an operation, codenamed “Strangling Necks”, to target “collaborators”. However, in reality, at least 16 of those executed had been in Hamas custody since before the conflict broke out. Many had been awaiting the outcome of their trials when they were taken away from prison and summarily executed.

Hamas forces also abducted, tortured or attacked members and supporters of Fatah, their main rival political organization within Gaza, including former members of the Palestinian Authority security forces.
Now we are getting into Fatah's coup against the PA. That is a book in itself. I had a thread about that years ago.

From the article:

Now we are getting into Fatah's coup against the PA. That is a book in itself. I had a thread about that years ago.
It doesnt justify extrajudicial murder.

Stupid post.

He was a promising talented Palestinian photo journalist shot by a sniper in the recent violence at the border. The

Stupid post.

The expectation is that you will presume Israeli forces targeted the journalist. There is no obvious indication of that. Arabs-Moslems created the equivalent of a war zone. With thousands of people moving around in a dynamic environment, everyone is at risk to catch a bullet, even children brought to the festivities. Are you comfortable with people bringing children to an environment where live rounds are loaded?

The expectation is that you will presume Israeli forces targeted the journalist. There is no obvious indication of that. Arabs-Moslems created the equivalent of a war zone. With thousands of people moving around in a dynamic environment, everyone is at risk to catch a bullet, even children brought to the festivities. Are you comfortable with people bringing children to an environment where live rounds are loaded?

Actually...untill an investigation says otherwise...it looks as if he was targeted.

Actually...untill an investigation says otherwise...it looks as if he was targeted.

That’s possible. I certainly can’t offer facts positively or negatively. My opinion is that through clouds of black smoke and in that environment of fires burning and all the confusion, anyone who drew attention to themselves by being visible against the background would be at greater risk of being a target.

Indeed, but it would not be an issue if Gaza was not crawling with Israeli spies.

Arabs-Moslems created the equivalent of a war zone.
I haven't seen any guns there.

Indeed, but it would not be an issue if Gaza was not crawling with Israeli spies.
Good grief...the lengths you will go to to excuse bloody murder is unreal!

I am not excusing anything. It is Israel's war, not mine.

I

It is HAMAS murdering people without due process or for political reasons!

I
That whole place is politics over legalities.

I
That whole place is politics over legalities.
These particular examples shows a complete lack of legalities.

Khaled Al Sabawi - TABO: Every Palestinian Needs a Title | TEDx Talk – Palestine

47574743_2250377711863798_3921251741919608832_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back