Palestine Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
MuslimGirl's Amani Al-Khatahtbeh Won't Accept Revlon's Changemaker Award

lede.jpg

When Revlon recently announced Wonder Woman's Gal Gadot as brand ambassador for its newest "Live Boldly" campaign, it emphasized her message of empowerment. To celebrate the initiative further, the beauty brand recently gave MuslimGirl's Amani Al-Khatahtbeh the Changemaker Award, in recognition of her inspirational advocacy for Muslim women. However, Amani took to social media to share her thoughts with her followers, as she explained why she had decided not to accept and why her values don't align with Gal's ambassadorship."I cannot accept this award from Revlon with Gal Gadot as the ambassador," Amani wrote in an Instagram. "Her vocal support of the Israeli Defense Forces' actions in Palestine goes against MuslimGirl.com’s morals and values. I can't, in good conscience, accept this award from the brand and celebrate Gal's ambassadorship after the IDF imprisoned a 16-year-old girl named Ahed Tamimi last month, an activist who is currently still incarcerated."

Revlon's Latest Award Is Causing Controversy on Social Media

Hmmmm. She states that "Gal Gadot's support of the IDF's actions goes against MuslimGirl.com's morals and values.

According to the website:

MuslimGirl.net was launched from the bedroom of a high school girl that was fed up with the misleading misconceptions surrounding Islam — the way the news coverage and media outlets kept skewing the image of Muslims into a nasty one; the mistrust, racism, and flat-out hatred that the inaccuracies flamed; the muting of young Muslim voices from mainstream society; and the resulting disillusionment that young Muslims suffer about their religion in the tornado of it all.

Here at MuslimGirl we like ... to bridge the gap between different religions through the spirit of sisterhood, and to host interfaith discussion to combat growing stereotypes within our society.

Seems to me that Amani is the one who working against MuslimGirl.com's morals and values. Where's the sisterhood? Specifically, where is the sisterhood about "mistrust, racism, flat-out hatred that the inaccuracies flamed and the muting of young ... voices?"
It is a protest against the IDF. Understandable for a Palestinian.

How does protesting the IDF support the stated values of MuslimGirl.com of religious sisterhood and the reduction of mistrust, racism, flat-out hatred that the inaccuracies flamed and the muting of voices? I see this protest against Gal Gadot as being in direct contradiction to these stated values.
I don't see where the support of a criminal organization falls within moral values.

Yet, You flail your Pom Poms for Islamic terrorist franchises.

Intro:
Hamas TV Host Iyad Abu Fanun, a lecturer at Gaza University, said that "our entire people loves Jihad and the resistance. It's intrinsic to its nature. Our very genes love these operations." He was speaking on Al-Aqsa TV on January 4, 2018

lede.jpg

When Revlon recently announced Wonder Woman's Gal Gadot as brand ambassador for its newest "Live Boldly" campaign, it emphasized her message of empowerment. To celebrate the initiative further, the beauty brand recently gave MuslimGirl's Amani Al-Khatahtbeh the Changemaker Award, in recognition of her inspirational advocacy for Muslim women. However, Amani took to social media to share her thoughts with her followers, as she explained why she had decided not to accept and why her values don't align with Gal's ambassadorship."I cannot accept this award from Revlon with Gal Gadot as the ambassador," Amani wrote in an Instagram. "Her vocal support of the Israeli Defense Forces' actions in Palestine goes against MuslimGirl.com’s morals and values. I can't, in good conscience, accept this award from the brand and celebrate Gal's ambassadorship after the IDF imprisoned a 16-year-old girl named Ahed Tamimi last month, an activist who is currently still incarcerated."

Yes, just like Israeli athletes can't compete in Arab or Muslim countries. Great role models for sportsmanship and toleration.
It is about moral values. A concept that escapes you.

Yes, please lecture on the moral values of Islamic terrorism / Islamic fascism.
Off topic. :offtopic:

Fatah Official Muhammad Al-Laham Extols Terrorist Dalal Al-Mughrabi, Suicide Bomber Ayat Al-Akhras: The Martyrs Are More Honorable Than All of Us.

Why, yes because Islamic mass murder / suicide is “honorable”. I’m sure the dead and wounded Islamics across Iraq and Syria are honored to be victims of Islamic degenerate martyrs.

lede.jpg

Yes, just like Israeli athletes can't compete in Arab or Muslim countries. Great role models for sportsmanship and toleration.
It is about moral values. A concept that escapes you.

Yes, please lecture on the moral values of Islamic terrorism / Islamic fascism.

Actually, no.

lede.jpg

Hmmmm. She states that "Gal Gadot's support of the IDF's actions goes against MuslimGirl.com's morals and values.

MuslimGirl.net was launched from the bedroom of a high school girl that was fed up with the misleading misconceptions surrounding Islam — the way the news coverage and media outlets kept skewing the image of Muslims into a nasty one; the mistrust, racism, and flat-out hatred that the inaccuracies flamed; the muting of young Muslim voices from mainstream society; and the resulting disillusionment that young Muslims suffer about their religion in the tornado of it all.

Here at MuslimGirl we like ... to bridge the gap between different religions through the spirit of sisterhood, and to host interfaith discussion to combat growing stereotypes within our society.

Seems to me that Amani is the one who working against MuslimGirl.com's morals and values. Where's the sisterhood? Specifically, where is the sisterhood about "mistrust, racism, flat-out hatred that the inaccuracies flamed and the muting of young ... voices?"

How does protesting the IDF support the stated values of MuslimGirl.com of religious sisterhood and the reduction of mistrust, racism, flat-out hatred that the inaccuracies flamed and the muting of voices? I see this protest against Gal Gadot as being in direct contradiction to these stated values.
I don't see where the support of a criminal organization falls within moral values.

Is calling names all you have?

Sad.

Fatah Official Muhammad Al-Laham Extols Terrorist Dalal Al-Mughrabi, Suicide Bomber Ayat Al-Akhras: The Martyrs Are More Honorable Than All of Us.

Why, yes because Islamic mass murder / suicide is “honorable”. I’m sure the dead and wounded Islamics across Iraq and Syria are honored to be victims of Islamic degenerate martyrs.

Actually, no.

Jerusalem Friday Sermon by Sheikh "Abu Qusay" to Trump: We Will Storm Your White House, Stomp on Your Head, Kill Your Soldiers, Capture Your Land.

Is calling names all you have?

Sad.

Off topic.

Actually, no.

What is the relevance?

Hamas Official Fathi Hammad to Trump: Palestine Will Be Your Graveyard

Actually, no.

What is the relevance?

You’re off topic.

Al-Aqsa Mosque Address by Sheikh Muhammad Ayed "Abu Abdallah": We Need a Caliph with His Finger on a Nuclear Button, Like Kim Jong-un

Oh, yeah. That’s what the world needs, “nukular” gee-had.

Jerusalem Friday Sermon by Sheikh "Abu Qusay" to Trump: We Will Storm Your White House, Stomp on Your Head, Kill Your Soldiers, Capture Your Land

Thank you for the entertainment, Sheik Abu “whack job” Qusay. But really, shouldn’t you be out boinking nine year old girls?

Mahmoud Abbas: The PLO Should Reexamine Its Agreements with Israel; We Will No Longer Accept the U.S. as Mediator

Good call, Mahmoud. The Great Satan™️ will gladly set aside and end our welfare check contributions to your Islamic terrorist program.

Thanks.

A Female Cry

Dareen Tatoour
180108040545261~dareen.png

O my life, nestled in the heart of paper
Look here:

Our sorrows have slammed shut the door of hope
Their ghosts embracing our color
Until we appeared like them
The ink in poems of worry.

Look at them, how they sink their teeth
In my side
Wolfing down my blossoms and sweet scents.

They killed my spring in its entirety
Stole my very life from the world
Unleashed the season of sleeplessness.

O my life, I have grown tired.
Let me depart to live out my life
Secluded forever in the silence of my land
Let me, for I cannot overpower them
Charged as they are by rays of daylight and twilight alike

My chains won’t be broken by you, O Fate,
While the trees of my oppression go unwatered by hope
I will go on living by withdrawing inwards
I feed off the fires of time, and burn up
So long as I am imprisoned by silence
So long as I am occupied by sadness.
How long have I lived on the ground of hope
Beset by the flowers of life
I water them from the spring of struggle
Raise them up through the resolve of youth
I play… sing for existence itself,
Look forward to the birth of peace.

I reveal every light with my eyes
Yet these sorrows, O life of mine,
Follow me like my own name in the heart of this place
Like echoes

O my silent letters in the drowning sea:
Let me struggle on in nothingness
Alone with these sorrows, with tears of regret
I will always be inhabited by pain
As long as I accept being silenced.

O my dream, kidnapped from my younger years
Silence has ravaged us
Our tears have become a sea
Our patience has bored of us
Together, we rise up for sure
Whatever it was we wanted to be.

So let’s go
Raise up a cry
In the face of those shadowy ghosts.
For how long, O fire within,
Will you scorch my breast with tears?
And how long, O scream,
Will you remain in the hearts of women!

A Poem by Dareen Tatour

Targeted for nonviolent resistance: Israel seeks imprisonment of Palestinian activist Munther Amira

Bethlehem — The Israeli military court at Ofer, which has over a 99% conviction rate, ruled on Tuesday to extend the detention of Palestinian activist Munther Amira until next Sunday pending further interrogation.

Amira, 47, the head of the Coordinator of the Popular Struggle Coordination Committee (PSCC) in the occupied West Bank, is well known and highly respected across the Palestinian territory and his home, the Aida refugee camp, for his nonviolent activism against the Israeli occupation.

Amira was arrested by Israeli forces on December 27 during a routine protest in front of Israel’s illegal separation wall in northern Bethlehem city, in the southern occupied West Bank.

Video of Amira’s arrest shows the activist standing at the front of protests, holding a sign in support of Ahed al-Tamimi, when a group of Israeli officers ran out from the military base and grabbed him.

Targeted for nonviolent resistance: Israel seeks imprisonment of Palestinian activist Munther Amira

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back