Palestine Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Extraordinary measures are required to repel the Islamic terrorist tunnel rats.

Israel unveils details of new underground wall along Gaza Strip

Israel unveils details of new underground wall along Gaza Strip

Kissufim (Israel) (AFP) - The Israeli army on Thursday revealed details of a massive underground barrier being built along the border with the Gaza Strip in a bid to neutralise the threat of Palestinian attack tunnels.

Eventually stretching some 65 kilometres (41 miles), the concrete wall will be accompanied by motion sensors designed to detect tunnel digging and is expected to be completed by mid-2019.
Cool, make Israel spend more money.

Israel will do what is required to defend itself from Islamic terrorists. I suppose you’re OK with Arabs-Moslems spending their welfare checks on Islamic terrorist infrastructure as opposed to, you know, indoor plumbing?

MuslimGirl's Amani Al-Khatahtbeh Won't Accept Revlon's Changemaker Award

lede.jpg

When Revlon recently announced Wonder Woman's Gal Gadot as brand ambassador for its newest "Live Boldly" campaign, it emphasized her message of empowerment. To celebrate the initiative further, the beauty brand recently gave MuslimGirl's Amani Al-Khatahtbeh the Changemaker Award, in recognition of her inspirational advocacy for Muslim women. However, Amani took to social media to share her thoughts with her followers, as she explained why she had decided not to accept and why her values don't align with Gal's ambassadorship."I cannot accept this award from Revlon with Gal Gadot as the ambassador," Amani wrote in an Instagram. "Her vocal support of the Israeli Defense Forces' actions in Palestine goes against MuslimGirl.com’s morals and values. I can't, in good conscience, accept this award from the brand and celebrate Gal's ambassadorship after the IDF imprisoned a 16-year-old girl named Ahed Tamimi last month, an activist who is currently still incarcerated."

Revlon's Latest Award Is Causing Controversy on Social Media

Hmmmm. She states that "Gal Gadot's support of the IDF's actions goes against MuslimGirl.com's morals and values.

According to the website:

MuslimGirl.net was launched from the bedroom of a high school girl that was fed up with the misleading misconceptions surrounding Islam — the way the news coverage and media outlets kept skewing the image of Muslims into a nasty one; the mistrust, racism, and flat-out hatred that the inaccuracies flamed; the muting of young Muslim voices from mainstream society; and the resulting disillusionment that young Muslims suffer about their religion in the tornado of it all.

Here at MuslimGirl we like ... to bridge the gap between different religions through the spirit of sisterhood, and to host interfaith discussion to combat growing stereotypes within our society.

Seems to me that Amani is the one who working against MuslimGirl.com's morals and values. Where's the sisterhood? Specifically, where is the sisterhood about "mistrust, racism, flat-out hatred that the inaccuracies flamed and the muting of young ... voices?"
It is a protest against the IDF. Understandable for a Palestinian.

How does protesting the IDF support the stated values of MuslimGirl.com of religious sisterhood and the reduction of mistrust, racism, flat-out hatred that the inaccuracies flamed and the muting of voices? I see this protest against Gal Gadot as being in direct contradiction to these stated values.
That’s not what Ahed Tamimi’s days look like. The 16-year-old Palestinian girl is going to sleep in an Israeli prison cell tonight, imprisoned without bail while awaiting trial in an Israeli military court to face a 10-year sentence. Why? This child had the audacity to slap a fully armed Israeli soldier who had entered her family’s home, after watching them shoot her 14-year-old cousin in the head earlier that day. According to Amnesty International, “it was clear she posed no actual threat to them – as they lightly swatted her advances away.” She joins at least 350 other Palestinian children under the age of 18 who are presently detained in Israeli prisons.

This is why I chose to decline Revlon’s Changemaker Award in celebration of your new campaign. I couldn’t do so knowing that your popular support of Israeli military actions in Palestine had contributed to this disproportionate harm on women and children. To do so would have been turning a blind eye to the plight of women and girls like Ahed. I’m writing this because I want to make it clear that this is not about you or me. This is about the moral obligation of privileged women like ourselves to rise to the moment of demanding freedom for Ahed and that of countless other girls like her.

By making this statement, what I’m saying is not that I refuse to work with those with differing opinions than me. Transformative change requires the alliance of different forms of engagement. But don’t mistake inhumanity as a difference of opinion. There’s something to be said about the fact that for some women like me, it necessitates making a bold gesture like rejecting hard-earned accolades just to be heard. What I’m saying is that #TimesUp not just for the women of Hollywood, but also for the women and girls that are invisibly suffering because of fundamental inequality, misrepresentation and negligent complacency.

I obviously don’t think we’re going to solve all the world’s problems simply by refusing awards or making social media posts, and far from eradicating all the forms of oppression that women must endure around the world. But if there’s one thing Ahed’s story has taught me, it’s that we can all use whatever cards we’ve been dealt, whatever seemingly inconsequential yet potent positions we are in, to shine a light on injustice when the opportunity arises. In fact, it is our duty to do so, for the sake of the girls.

In love and sisterhood,

Amani

http://muslimgirl.com/46874/dear-gal-gadot-timesup-invisible-girls/

lede.jpg

When Revlon recently announced Wonder Woman's Gal Gadot as brand ambassador for its newest "Live Boldly" campaign, it emphasized her message of empowerment. To celebrate the initiative further, the beauty brand recently gave MuslimGirl's Amani Al-Khatahtbeh the Changemaker Award, in recognition of her inspirational advocacy for Muslim women. However, Amani took to social media to share her thoughts with her followers, as she explained why she had decided not to accept and why her values don't align with Gal's ambassadorship."I cannot accept this award from Revlon with Gal Gadot as the ambassador," Amani wrote in an Instagram. "Her vocal support of the Israeli Defense Forces' actions in Palestine goes against MuslimGirl.com’s morals and values. I can't, in good conscience, accept this award from the brand and celebrate Gal's ambassadorship after the IDF imprisoned a 16-year-old girl named Ahed Tamimi last month, an activist who is currently still incarcerated."

Hmmmm. She states that "Gal Gadot's support of the IDF's actions goes against MuslimGirl.com's morals and values.

MuslimGirl.net was launched from the bedroom of a high school girl that was fed up with the misleading misconceptions surrounding Islam — the way the news coverage and media outlets kept skewing the image of Muslims into a nasty one; the mistrust, racism, and flat-out hatred that the inaccuracies flamed; the muting of young Muslim voices from mainstream society; and the resulting disillusionment that young Muslims suffer about their religion in the tornado of it all.

Here at MuslimGirl we like ... to bridge the gap between different religions through the spirit of sisterhood, and to host interfaith discussion to combat growing stereotypes within our society.

Seems to me that Amani is the one who working against MuslimGirl.com's morals and values. Where's the sisterhood? Specifically, where is the sisterhood about "mistrust, racism, flat-out hatred that the inaccuracies flamed and the muting of young ... voices?"

How does protesting the IDF support the stated values of MuslimGirl.com of religious sisterhood and the reduction of mistrust, racism, flat-out hatred that the inaccuracies flamed and the muting of voices? I see this protest against Gal Gadot as being in direct contradiction to these stated values.
That’s not what Ahed Tamimi’s days look like. The 16-year-old Palestinian girl is going to sleep in an Israeli prison cell tonight, imprisoned without bail while awaiting trial in an Israeli military court to face a 10-year sentence. Why? This child had the audacity to slap a fully armed Israeli soldier who had entered her family’s home, after watching them shoot her 14-year-old cousin in the head earlier that day. According to Amnesty International, “it was clear she posed no actual threat to them – as they lightly swatted her advances away.” She joins at least 350 other Palestinian children under the age of 18 who are presently detained in Israeli prisons.

This is why I chose to decline Revlon’s Changemaker Award in celebration of your new campaign. I couldn’t do so knowing that your popular support of Israeli military actions in Palestine had contributed to this disproportionate harm on women and children. To do so would have been turning a blind eye to the plight of women and girls like Ahed. I’m writing this because I want to make it clear that this is not about you or me. This is about the moral obligation of privileged women like ourselves to rise to the moment of demanding freedom for Ahed and that of countless other girls like her.

By making this statement, what I’m saying is not that I refuse to work with those with differing opinions than me. Transformative change requires the alliance of different forms of engagement. But don’t mistake inhumanity as a difference of opinion. There’s something to be said about the fact that for some women like me, it necessitates making a bold gesture like rejecting hard-earned accolades just to be heard. What I’m saying is that #TimesUp not just for the women of Hollywood, but also for the women and girls that are invisibly suffering because of fundamental inequality, misrepresentation and negligent complacency.

I obviously don’t think we’re going to solve all the world’s problems simply by refusing awards or making social media posts, and far from eradicating all the forms of oppression that women must endure around the world. But if there’s one thing Ahed’s story has taught me, it’s that we can all use whatever cards we’ve been dealt, whatever seemingly inconsequential yet potent positions we are in, to shine a light on injustice when the opportunity arises. In fact, it is our duty to do so, for the sake of the girls.

In love and sisterhood,

Amani

http://muslimgirl.com/46874/dear-gal-gadot-timesup-invisible-girls/

And all these years, watching her videos, I thought she was an obnoxious, bratty and temper-filled girl, continuously and hysterically provoking Israeli security who have the kind of self-restraint that no American policeman would have had in similar circumstances. It's also funny that a video-camera always seemed to be around at the right time to tape these extreme provocations.

On another note, I wonder why Jose and monte don't post her pictures with the question, "Is this what a real Middle Easterner and Semite would look like?" After all, they always did that with pictures of blonde Israelis.

lede.jpg
YAWN

YAWN

In love and sisterhood,

Amani

Dear Gal Gadot: #TimesUp for Invisible Girls, Too - Muslim Girl

And all these years, watching her videos, I thought she was an obnoxious, bratty and temper-filled girl, continuously and hysterically provoking Israeli security who have the kind of self-restraint that no American policeman would have had in similar circumstances. It's also funny that a video-camera always seemed to be around at the right time to tape these extreme provocations.

On another note, I wonder why Jose and monte don't post her pictures with the question, "Is this what a real Middle Easterner and Semite would look like?" After all, they always did that with pictures of blonde Israelis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back