Palestinian diaspora

Roudy, prepare to be very, very embarrassed. It is obvious you are again getting your info off bogus websites because you don't know much about it at all. I was there.

The problem is that the more you post the more you reveal your paucity of history.
I even watched 15 minutes of Pappe's Israel Myths and he pretty much confirmed that Israel did what it did because the Arabs rejected Resolution 181.
The problem is that Pappe takes everything positive about a brand new nation in a hostile region and turns it into a "Baaaad Jew" story.

Roudy, prepare to be very, very embarrassed. It is obvious you are again getting your info off bogus websites because you don't know much about it at all. I was there.

Well, Aris was there too. Who to believe, who to believe??? I think many of us will go with Aris.

Was there, witnessed the aftermath, turned in a report on what I saw, smelt, heard, tasted in the air......................

I knew many who lost family and friends, some of which were among those who entered them camps in '82. I understood the want for some measure of retribution not just for Damour but for all the massacres, assassination, kidnapping, bombing and for the part they played in starting the civil war and everything they did before and during.

Syria and Amal killed thousands in the camps in following years. It was even given the name war of camps. As much as the tunnels and strongholds were cleared out in '82, they were still able to carry on a war for five years.

Remember history: The 1976 Palestinian massacre of Christians

According to an eyewitness, the attack took place from the mountain behind the South Beirut. “It was an apocalypse,” said Father Mansour Labaky, a Christian Maronite priest who survived the massacre at Damour. “They were coming, thousands and thousands, shouting ‘Allahu Akbar! Let us attack them for the Arabs, let us offer a holocaust to Mohammad!’ And they were slaughtering everyone in their path, men, women and children.

Who came to help these Christians who were being slaughtered like chickens? The Europeans? The Americans? No, the Israelis. Lebanon continues to have Muslims problems and Hezbollah militants have a hold in the country and flare up attacks against Israel on a regular basis.

Last edited:
Remember history: The 1976 Palestinian massacre of Christians

According to an eyewitness, the attack took place from the mountain behind the South Beirut. “It was an apocalypse,” said Father Mansour Labaky, a Christian Maronite priest who survived the massacre at Damour. “They were coming, thousands and thousands, shouting ‘Allahu Akbar! Let us attack them for the Arabs, let us offer a holocaust to Mohammad!’ And they were slaughtering everyone in their path, men, women and children.

Who came to help these Christians who were being slaughtered like chickens? The Europeans? The Americans? No, the Israelis. Lebanon continues to have Muslims problems and Hezbollah militants have a hold in the country and flare up attacks against Israel on a regular basis.

Damour

dead bodies piled up by Arafat and his fellow Palestinian animals, yup, never happened.

Yes, Damour happened, but it was a Lebanese action primarily. There was a quarter called Karentina (from "quarantine") that was poverty stricken people of several nationalities, mainly Lebanese but almost entirely Muslim. It was attacked and destroyed by Phalangists and other Christian groups. total massacre, way more dead than Damour by a long shot. Damour was taken partly in retribution and partly just to house the survivors of Karantina.

Last edited:
dead bodies piled up by Arafat and his fellow Palestinian animals, yup, never happened.

Yes, Damour happened, but it was a Lebanese action primarily. There was a quarter called Karentina (from "quarantine") that was poverty stricken people of several nationalities, mainly Lebanese but almost entirely Muslim. It was attacked and destroyed by Phalangists and other Christian groups. total massacre, way more dead than Damour by a long shot. Damour was taken partly in retribution and partly just to house the survivors of Karantina.
Notice the terrorist loving convert to Islam never acknowledges Palestinian savagery and always finds blame with the victims of Muslim barbarism.

Last edited by a moderator:

.....and the palestinians blew up an MEA plane in mid flight on the way to Abou Dhabi new years day. A close family friend was the captain of that flight.

Part square dance, part ping pong tournament.

It was surreal to sit on the balcony having a drink or eating dinner and watch the rockets criss cross the night sky like fireworks.

Roudy, I am glad you are finally attempting to contribute. The essay above, please tell me where it is from?

And by the al-Saiqa was a group of pro-Baathists, not really a Palestinian group. It was intended to take some of the wind out of the sails of authentic Palestinian resistance and deflect it toward Hafez al-Assad's regime.

Last edited:
And look, the official figures on Damour Massacre was 150- 582 civilians.

it was in reprisal for the Karantina massacre with 1000 - 1500 deaths, Lebanese and Palestinian, so I think they were being quite nice in Damour, comparatively.

Karantina massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

From Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasser_Arafat#Fatah_involvement_in_Lebanese_Civil_War

Although hesitant at first to take sides in the conflict, Arafat and Fatah played an important role in the Lebanese Civil War. Succumbing to pressure from PLO sub-groups such as the PFLP, DFLP and the Palestine Liberation Front (PLF), Arafat aligned the PLO with the Communist and Nasserist Lebanese National Movement (LNM). The LNM was led by Kamal Jumblatt, who had a friendly relationship with Arafat and other PLO leaders. Although originally aligned with Fatah, Syrian President Hafez al-Assad feared a loss of influence in Lebanon and switched sides. He sent his army, along with the Syrian-backed Palestinian factions of as-Sa'iqa and the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine – General Command (PFLP-GC) led by Ahmad Jibril to fight alongside the radical right-wing Christian forces against the PLO and the LNM. The primary components of the Christian front were the Maronite Phalangists loyal to Bachir Gemayel and the Tigers Militia—which was led by Dany Chamoun, a son of former President Camille Chamoun.[60][/unquote]

The most definitely did NOT start the fighting.

Last edited:
Roudy, I am glad you are finally attempting to contribute. The essay above, please tell me where it is from?

And by the al-Saiqa was a group of pro-Baathists, not really a Palestinian group. It was intended to take some of the wind out of the sails of authentic Palestinian resistance and deflect it toward Hafez al-Assad's regime.
Click on the link. Your attempts to whitewash Palestinian crimes and savagery on the Christians of Lebanon are futile.

And we will do well to remember WHO was attempting to represent Lebanese Christians in trouble in Lebanon:

These people are fascists, folks:

The Kataeb party was formed in 1936 as a Maronite paramilitary youth organization by Pierre Gemayel who modeled the party after Spanish Falange and Italian Fascist parties[2][3] he had observed as an Olympic athlete during the 1936 Summer Olympics held in Berlin, then Nazi Germany.[4][5] The movement's uniforms originally included brown shirts and members used the Nazi salute.[6]

In an interview by Robert Fisk, Gemayel stated about the Berlin Olympics:

I was the captain of the Lebanese football team and the president of the Lebanese Football federation. We went to the Olympic Games of 1936 in Berlin. And I saw then this discipline and order. And I said to myself: "Why can't we do the same thing in Lebanon?" So when we came back to Lebanon, we created this youth movement. When I was in Berlin then, Nazism did not have the reputation which it has now. Nazism? In every system in the world, you can find something good. But Nazism was not Nazism at all. The word came afterwards. In their system, I saw discipline. And we in the Middle East, we need discipline more than anything else.[7]

Part square dance, part ping pong tournament.

It was surreal to sit on the balcony having a drink or eating dinner and watch the rockets criss cross the night sky like fireworks.

We did not have the leisure to sit on a flippin' balcony watching the show. How arrogant!

Notice the terrorist loving convert to Islam never acknowledges Palestinian savagery and always finds blame with the victims of Muslim barbarism.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21orCM7KkRI]The price Lebanon paid for appeasement - YouTube[/ame]

and syria has killed more than jordan, egypt and Israel combined. Yet palestinian hate is narrow mindedly focused on Israel

This lady pretends to be multi-cultural, fair and open minded, etc., and yet she has the exact xenophobic perspective of the Lebanese fascists, which is what I suspect she probably is.

She is bemoaning the fact that Muslims became a majority in Lebanon. NOT THEIR FAULT. Muslims don't share the Christian nationalist perspective? No, certainly not. Muslims want a re-count on political representation in Lebanon? You bet. In the long drawn out agony of Lebanon, were Muslims ever the aggressors? Sometimes. Did Muslims start the war? No. And is "Muslims" as used by this lady synonymous with "Palestinians?" No. She is trashing the Muslim Lebanese, not the Palestinians. The Palestinians knew discretion was the better part of valor and tried hard to stay out of it. It was a Lebanese internal problem.

And if you think atrocities committed by Christians were any lighter than those committed by Muslims, think again bud.

I will try to post something eventually showing the objective facts of the Lebanese civil war, in the telling of which no one is going to be shown innocent, believe me.

This lady pretends to be multi-cultural, fair and open minded, etc., and yet she has the exact xenophobic perspective of the Lebanese fascists, which is what I suspect she probably is.

She is bemoaning the fact that Muslims became a majority in Lebanon. NOT THEIR FAULT. Muslims don't share the Christian nationalist perspective? No, certainly not. Muslims want a re-count on political representation in Lebanon? You bet. In the long drawn out agony of Lebanon, were Muslims ever the aggressors? Sometimes. Did Muslims start the war? No. And is "Muslims" as used by this lady synonymous with "Palestinians?" No. She is trashing the Muslim Lebanese, not the Palestinians. The Palestinians knew discretion was the better part of valor and tried hard to stay out of it. It was a Lebanese internal problem.

And if you think atrocities committed by Christians were any lighter than those committed by Muslims, think again bud.

I will try to post something eventually showing the objective facts of the Lebanese civil war, in the telling of which no one is going to be shown innocent, believe me.

Just because they breed like roaches doesn't mean they should be in charge.

My life during the war was not nearly as bad, but then I did not live in the south. When I did travel there, I understand a lot of what and why she fells as strongly as she does.
I also remember when the christians escaped being massacres by going in to the only direction there was, south. They were welcomed, jobs, homes and support organizations were found for them to assimilate. I know some have converted their faith (though not required), learned the language and gained citizenship. Christians too have become citizens. Even with peace treaties they would have a hard time returning.

No, when people, not soldiers, need to survive in extreme circumstances they will do just about anything.
The militant groups would change allegiances as quickly as they would begin a new pack of cigarettes. It was all part of survival. Today's friend could be tomorrows enemy, vs.
There were innocents, but no, most people share some guilt about something during the war. That much fear can leads to wishing harm or death on others. They might be silent, or supportive, or active in some way. It was a civil war, and war against those outsiders trying to take over the country, it was sectarian, it was tribal/feudal, it was political, it was international, it pitted family members against each other, it was anything but clean. We all have been slashed by blood in some way. I had some of the same experiences, from time to time. I also had to move around frequently and had both passes and protection to get out of areas that were too dangerous at that time. I understand brigitte and what she went through. Christian or muslim, anyone living through the war can empathize with her suffering even if not the intensity of her opinions.
I personally have blood on my hand from a wicked crack on the head of a would be kidnapper with my fathers rifle. I almost shot him but he blinked so I an an opening. Police took him away. The point is that we all do what at the time is necessary to protect our loved ones and to survive. Laws don't really apply in a civil war. Niceties like that are hard to care about.

Last edited:
They weren't outsiders, Aris. They were native Lebanese.

but I do agree with a lot of what you say. We used to "pack" a service to get around, a Shi'ite, a Sunni, a Maronite, a Druze, a Palestinian, whoever would fit. Once my boyfriend at that time and I were kidnapped on the way to the airport and VERY narrowly escaped death. Palestinians you say? No, they were the ones who helped us, actually... It was Baalbeki's who apparently were just out for a good time and booty. They let us go, who knows why, I guess we packed the service just right, but they killed others. By the time we got to the airport the people who met us curious about what was going on told us there had been killings. so I am very lucky to be alive, along with all the others.

The woman in the above video also states that Lebanese Muslims grew in population because they have multiple wives?!?!? the entire time I lived in the middle east I knew two men with multiple wives, and neither was Lebanese. That is vanishingly uncommon. A lot of atrocities happened all the way around, but I have the feeling she is b.s.ing. I don't believe her, she seems slimy. Is she you?

They weren't outsiders, Aris. They were native Lebanese.

but I do agree with a lot of what you say. We used to "pack" a service to get around, a Shi'ite, a Sunni, a Maronite, a Druze, a Palestinian, whoever would fit. Once my boyfriend at that time and I were kidnapped on the way to the airport and VERY narrowly escaped death. Palestinians you say? No, they were the ones who helped us, actually... It was Baalbeki's who apparently were just out for a good time and booty. They let us go, who knows why, I guess we packed the service just right, but they killed others. By the time we got to the airport the people who met us curious about what was going on told us there had been killings. so I am very lucky to be alive, along with all the others.

The woman in the above video also states that Lebanese Muslims grew in population because they have multiple wives?!?!? the entire time I lived in the middle east I knew two men with multiple wives, and neither was Lebanese. That is vanishingly uncommon. A lot of atrocities happened all the way around, but I have the feeling she is b.s.ing. I don't believe her, she seems slimy. Is she you?

syrians, palestinians, iranians, egyptians, saudi and everyone else sticking in their finger twirling another tempest in our small tea pot making Lebanese suffer.
Lebanon was like a chess board that every other country/group want to play their games on. There were any number of terrorist groups operating or being trained in Lebanon, mostly under the shelter of the palestinian camps. Yes, outsiders. From meddling to outright assassination, From hijackings to massacres, from armies on the borders to invasions and occupation for decades, from refugees to rebellion, from peace agreements to suzerain puppet-masters. We had it all.

As for your detour, you obviously met some of ashair, hezbullah dominated drug producing clans on syrian payrolls. Families like the jaafar are still operating in the valley.
Not to justify, but rather to explain, when there are so many unemployed and so much need, some have resorted to kidnapping to feed their families. Most kidnappings by far are carried out by palestinians or hezbullah. Today some of the syrian refugees are resorting to ransom or human trafficking just to feed their families. It used to an honorable activity in ancient times.

Forum List

Back