Paranoia is inherent in conservatism

I'm watching the Confirmation hearings, and I'm seeing a lot of paranoia from democrats opening statements.

COVID
Catholic
ACA

But, not much about her qualifications.

Well we all know she is qualified,
just like Sonia Sotomayor was in 1998, but would she do the right thing, would she be for equal rights?? I doubt it.

1998?

Yes, she was nominated for the supreme court.

you flunked History again.

"She was sworn in by Chief Justice John Roberts on August 8, 2009.

When nominated, Sotomayor was a sitting judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, a position to which she had been appointed by Bill Clinton in 1998. Earlier, she served on the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, appointed by George H. W. Bush in 1992."

During her September 1997 hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee, Sotomayor parried strong questioning from some Republican members about mandatory sentencing, gay rights, and her level of respect for Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas.[89] After a long wait, she was approved by the committee in March 1998, with only two dissensions.[89][104] However, in June 1998, the influential Wall Street Journal editorial page opined that the Clinton administration intended to "get her on to the Second Circuit, then elevate her to the Supreme Court as soon as an opening occurs"; the editorial criticized two of her district court rulings and urged further delay of her confirmation.[107] The Republican block continued.

:th_spinspin:

She was NOT nominated for the Supreme Court in 1997.

I'm watching the Confirmation hearings, and I'm seeing a lot of paranoia from democrats opening statements.

COVID
Catholic
ACA

just like Sonia Sotomayor was in 1998, but would she do the right thing, would she be for equal rights?? I doubt it.

1998?

When nominated, Sotomayor was a sitting judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, a position to which she had been appointed by Bill Clinton in 1998. Earlier, she served on the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, appointed by George H. W. Bush in 1992."

During her September 1997 hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee, Sotomayor parried strong questioning from some Republican members about mandatory sentencing, gay rights, and her level of respect for Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas.[89] After a long wait, she was approved by the committee in March 1998, with only two dissensions.[89][104] However, in June 1998, the influential Wall Street Journal editorial page opined that the Clinton administration intended to "get her on to the Second Circuit, then elevate her to the Supreme Court as soon as an opening occurs"; the editorial criticized two of her district court rulings and urged further delay of her confirmation.[107] The Republican block continued.

She was almost nominated but the republicans block her. I think that is when they went to extreme partisanship.

COVID
Catholic
ACA

1998?

She was almost nominated but the republicans block her. I think that is when they went to extreme partisanship.

didn't you read your own post?

However, in June 1998, the influential Wall Street Journal editorial page opined that the Clinton administration intended to "get her on to the Second Circuit, then elevate her to the Supreme Court as soon as an opening occurs";

That was an OPINION on the editorial page.

:oops8:

Ironic, coming from the unhinged crackpots who are screeching about RUSSIA! and PUTIN! to this very day.

Self-awareness: nowhere to be found anywhere on the political left.
Claiming Putin helped Trump by getting invoved in the 2016 election was backed up by the intelligence agencies, which removed it from the 'crackpot conspiracy' list to the 'reality list'. Nice try
BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!...Thanks for proving my point, pinhead!

View attachment 400564
How did I prove your point??

COVID
Catholic
ACA

1998?

Sorry I misread.

Ironic, coming from the unhinged crackpots who are screeching about RUSSIA! and PUTIN! to this very day.

Claiming Putin helped Trump by getting invoved in the 2016 election was backed up by the intelligence agencies, which removed it from the 'crackpot conspiracy' list to the 'reality list'. Nice try
BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!...Thanks for proving my point, pinhead!

View attachment 400564
How did I prove your point??
Nobody has the time or the crayons to spell it out for you....And even if they did, you'd still go huh-WA?

DemonRats say the world will end in 10 years

DemonRats say Trump is working for Vladimir Putin

DemonRats say Republicans are suppressing Legal voters

DemonRats say Trump is a threat to the constitution

DemonRats say Black people are not safe and can be killed by a white police officer any minute

DemonRats say we’re all going to die from Covid if we don’t lockdown and wear masks

And worst of all, despite all that, DemonRats say the biggest threat in the USA are white Supremacists.

Who are the fear mongers?

Conservatives care about one thing; BEING LEFT ALONE

That’s all we want, but Liberals cry and bitch about everything, then claim that we’re the ones bitching.

You hypocrites have 0 credibility.

Now Fuck off!

Watch, read and listen to their "news" and "information" sources in the alternate universe. This stuff is just POURED on them day after day, hour after hour. They walk around in a world of largely fiction, with just enough fact to keep them mostly tethered to reality. Look in their eyes when you talk to them. They're freakin' terrified.

Look at this poll -- 42 of them on this very site think that Trump is the only thing that stands between us and actual communism, literally:
Absolutely zero self-awareness....Yet again....

2a. Freudian projection

The following is a collection of definitions of projection from orthodox psychology texts. In this system the distinct mechanism of projecting own unconscious or undesirable characteristics onto another is called Freudian Projection.

• “A defense mechanism in which the individual attributes to other people impulses and traits that he himself has but cannot accept. It is especially likely to occur when the person lacks insight into his own impulses and traits.”
  • “The externalisation of internal unconscious wishes, desires or emotions on to other people. So, for example, someone who feels subconsciously that they have a powerful latent homosexual drive may not acknowledge this consciously, but it may show in their readiness to suspect others of being homosexual.”
  • “Attributing one’s own undesirable traits to other people or agencies, e.g., an aggressive man accuses other people of being hostile.”
  • “The individual perceives in others the motive he denies having himself. Thus the cheat is sure that everyone else is dishonest. The would-be adulterer accuses his wife of infidelity.”
  • “People attribute their own undesirable traits onto others. An individual who unconsciously recognises his or her aggressive tendencies may then see other people acting in an excessively aggressive way.”
  • “Projection is the opposite defence mechanism to identification. We project our own unpleasant feelings onto someone else and blame them for having thoughts that we really have.”

Freudian Projection: Of what they accuse, they are themselves guilty.
42 of you. Just here alone.

:itsok:
No, I don''t need more evidence that you're completely devoid of introspection....But thanks for helping anyway.
You're welcome, Trumpster!
Sucks a bag of dicks, moonbat.
Only if his name is Kamala.

Translation --- "But, like, our conspiracy theories and secret cabals are like totally real! Russian conspiracy, institutional racism...and white supremacists lurk around every corner!!!"

Forum List

Back